Yenepoya Dental College Mangalore is one of the reputed Private Dental Colleges in Karnataka. The college is popularly known as YDC Mangalore and was founded in the year 1992-93. The college is affiliated with the Yenepoya University, Mangalore and is approved by Dental Council of India, Govt. of India. Now the college has become synonyms with one of the Best Private Dental Colleges in Mangalore.
- NEET Rank Predictor 2021: NEET UG Rank Calculator Predict My NEET 2021 Rank
- September 19, 2021 Now you can get latest NEET Updates on Telegram Subscribe
- September 14, 2021 Phase 2 Registration Before Results, Application form will be available soon
- September 12, 2021 NEET 2021 Answers Key Released by various Institute Check Here
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about YDC Mangalore Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
पाए इस Dental College के लिए Counselling Service: +91-9873056333
Yenepoya Dental College Mangalore
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of YDC Mangalore.
|College Name||Yenepoya Dental College Mangalore|
|Popular Name||YDC Mangalore|
|Hospital Attached||Yenepoya Medical College Hospital|
|Affiliated with||Yenepoya University, Mangalore|
|Hospital Type||Attached to Medical College|
|Courses Offered||BDS, MDS|
|NEET Study Materials||Click Here|
|NEET 2021 Crash Course|
|Category||Dental College in Karnataka|
|Want NEET 2021 Counselling Support?|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Yenepoya University, Mangalore
- Approved by: DCI
- Aid Status: Private
- Lecture Halls
- Lecture Halls
- Audio-Visual Aid
- Sports Complex
Dental Chairs Details
|No.Of Dental Chairs||Academic Year|
|No. of Boy’s Hostels||Total Capacity||No. Of Girl’s Hostels||Total Capacity||Academic Year|
Course Essential Certificates
|Course Name||Speciality||Certificate Type||Letter No||Issue Date||Issuing Authority|
|MDS||Orthodontics||State/UT Essentiality Letter||HFW 48 RGU 2011||26 May 2011||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry||State/UT Essentiality Letter||HFW 48 RGU 2011||26 May 2011||Ministry of Health & Family welfare|
|MDS||Pedodontics||State/UT Essentiality Letter||HFW 48 RGU 2011||26 May 2011||Ministry of Health & Family welfare|
|MDS||Prosthodontics||State/UT Essentiality Letter||HFW 48 RGU 2011||26 May 2011||Ministry of Health & Family welfare|
|MDS||Periodontics||State/UT Essentiality Letter||HFW 48 RGU 2011||26 May 2011||Ministry of Health & Family welfare|
|MDS||Oral Surgery||State/UT Essentiality Letter||HFW 48 RGU 2011||26 May 2011||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|MDS||Oral Medicine||State/UT Essentiality Letter||HFW 48 RGU 2011||26 May 2011||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|MDS||Oral Pathology||State/UT Essentiality Letter||HFW 48 RGU 2011||26 May 2011||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|MDS||Public Health Dentistry||State/UT Essentiality Letter||HFW 48 RGU 2011||26 May 2011||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|BDS||N/A||State/UT Essentiality Letter||AKUK150MME92||10 Nov 1995||Ministry of Health & Family welfare|
Courses Offered & Seat Details (Intake Capacity)
|Course||Speciality||Recognised Seats||Intake Capacity||Permitted Seats||Admitted Seats|
|MDS||Public Health Dentistry||3||3||3||3|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
Admission to various Programmes at YDC Mangalore is made on the basis of candidate’s performance in NEET.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG dental Scorecard.
- For Admission in MDS, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET MDS dental Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
The selection of the students is based on the Competitive Merit basis. Candidates should read the eligibility Criteria to know more about the Admission Procedure.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Admission Seekers must have a BDS degree from a dental college recognized by DCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET MDS exam.
The fee structure of YDC Mangalore for various Medical Courses is Mentioned Below.
|Course||General Category||NIR Category (Per Year)|
***Hostel Fees: 1,40,000/– per year
|Particulars||Management/Muslim Minority Category(Per year)||NRI category(per year) in INR|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||300000||……|
|Public Health Dentistry||200000||……|
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2021 Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET 2019 Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET MDS Cutoff 2021
|General and EWS||286|
|General and EWS – PH||268|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||250|
Karnataka NEET 2021 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Karnataka Education Authority to get themselves registered for NEET 2021 Karnataka State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Karnataka NEET 2021, Let us first have a look at the Karnataka NEET 2021 Counselling schedule.
NEET Karnataka 2021 Counselling Procedure
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Karnataka NEET 2021, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2021 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota.
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Karnataka must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
NOTE- To know more about Karnataka NEET UG Counselling Procedure Click Here
Aspirants who are applying to Yenepoya Dental College Mangalore the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
NOTE- To know more about Karnataka NEET MDS Counselling Procedure Click Here
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For MDS Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- BDS Certificate.
- BDS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Yenepoya Dental College Mangalore
Address: Yenepoya University Campus Deralakatte Mangalore, Karnataka-575018
Telephone No: 0824220466
Mobile No: 8242204669
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: https://www.yenepoya.edu.i