Agartala Government Medical College Agartala (AGMC Agartala) is situated at Agartala, the capital city of Tripura. AGMC Agartala has founded in the year 2005 by the Prime Minister of India at that time Dr Manmohan Singh. Agartala Medical College is one of the prestigious Medical Colleges in Tripura.
Agartala Government Medical College Agartala
Throughout this article, we are going to share all the essential details of Tripura Medical College, Agartala like Facilities, Admission Process, Eligibility, Cutoff, Fee Structure, Courses offered, Ranking and Review etc.
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Agartala Government Medical College Agartala.
|Name of Institute||Agartala Government Medical College Agartala|
|Popular Name||AGMC Agartala|
|Year of Establishment||1 Aug. 2005|
|Affiliated with||Tripura University|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI).|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MD, MS|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes(Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tripura|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Tripura University
- Approved by: Medical Council Of India (MCI).
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
- Computer labs
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||100||4.6 Years + 1 Year Internship|
|Discipline||Total PG Seat||Recognized / Permitted|
|MD (Community Medicine)||3||Recognized|
Faculty & Staff
Before taking admission in any College, It is important to know about all facility which is provided by colleges such as faculty experience, study environment, infrastructure etc. Top Medical College in India means not only the best infrastructure but the good education, well-educated faculty.
In order to compete on an international stage in the field of Hospitality Education – modern equipment, up-to-date curriculum and dedicated faculty are essential and imperative to attain and maintain global standards.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Note: Candidate after completing the course shall serve the state of Tripura as a medical officer on contract basis at least for a minimum period of 5 years in any of the government hospital or health centre situated on less developed district of the state failing which they shall be liable severally or jointly to pay the government full bond amount Rs. 20 Lakhs as a penalty.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Admission Seekers must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
UG Courses Fees
*Amount to be paid at the time of Admission(Rs): 115500/-
PG Course Fee
|Nature of Fees||Fees|
|A. Non-Refundable Charges for the whole course (One time during admission)|
|Student’s Welfare Fund||10,000/-|
|B. Refundable Charges for the whole course|
|Laboratory Security Fee||10,000/-|
|Mess caution deposit||5,000/-|
|Hostel Security Fee||5,000/-|
|Library Security Fee||5,000/-|
|Sub Total of B||25,000/-|
|C. Recurring Annual Fees|
|(a) Tuition Fee||84,000 @ 7,000 Per Month|
|(b) Other fees|
|Seat Rent||24,[email protected] 2,000 Per Month|
|Amount to be paid at the time of admission for 1st year||Rs.2,00,000/-|
|Amount to be paid annually during 2nd And 3rd Year||1,50,000/-|
|Amount to be refunded on completion of course||25,000/-|
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
NEET UG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for UG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
UG Cutoff 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for PG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
PG Cutoff 2018
|Category||Min. qualify Criteria as per Information Bulletin||Cut-off Score as per qualifying |
criteria in Information Bulletin
|Revised min. qualifying criteria ||Revised cutoff Score|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
Tripura NEET 2019 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tripura to get themselves registered for NEET 2019 Tripura State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Tripura NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the Tripura NEET 2019 Counselling schedule.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Tripura NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2019 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Tripura must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2019. Counselling of NEET 2019 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Aspirants who are applying to PG courses offered by AGMC Agartala the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Agartala Government Medical College Agartala|
- This is the best premier Govt. Medical College In Tripura.
- We Would like to give this college 3.9 out of 5 stars on Edufever the best MBBS college in Tripura.
Agartala Government Medical College, Agartala
Address: Kunjaban Post Office, Agartala, Tripura 799006
Phone: 0381 235 7130
Official Website: http://www.agmc.nic.in/
Question: What Amount of Fee to be deducted on re-allocation of seat to the candidates in 2nd/3rd round of Counseling?
Question: How much fees to be reimbursed in case candidate resigns during the counselling period?
Question: What amount of Fees To be reimbursed in case Candidate resigns after Counseling period?
Question: What is the time period of reimbursement (in days)?
Answer: 30 days.
Question: In case candidate resigns after the final round of counselling, how much amount a candidate has to pay to the institution?
Answer: No reimbursement will be entertained.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there any chance of medical seat with NEET score of 450 in this college?
Answer: The availability of seats into the college solely depends upon the NEET Cutoff score. Depending upon the number of candidates applied for the test and the observation of the results, it can be said that scoring 450 will create a great chance for the college.
What does Free Exit for NEET counselling round one mean?
Answer: The Free exit in NEET Counselling 2019 means that if a candidate is allotted a seat in the round 1 of NEET 2019 counselling but do not report/join the allotted college then s/he will not be penalised and will be eligible to participate in the next round of counselling.
Question: What are freeze, Float and withdrawal choices shown in NEET counselling 2019 form?
Freeze (lock): A candidate, who is satisfied with the presently allotted seat to him and does not want to be considered for upgradations of the seat in any subsequent rounds of counselling is required to opt for the FREEZE/LOCK option.
Float: A candidate, who wants to confirm the seat presently allotted to him and also at the same time wants to be considered for upgradations of the seat in next Round of counselling on the basis of his/her already filled choices, is required to opt for the FLOAT option.
Withdraw: A candidate, who is not satisfied with the presently allotted seat to him/her and does not want to be considered for allotment in any subsequent rounds of counselling, should opt for the WITHDRAW option.
Question: When will the NEET counselling process start?
Answer: The schedule of the NEET counselling has not been released yet. However, it is likely to start in the second week of June 2019.
If a candidate is allotted a seat in round one but does not join the college then will s/he be considered eligible for the next round?
Answer: If a candidate is allotted a seat in the round one of NEET counselling 2019 then s/he will be given a choice to join the allotted college or not. Candidates who will not report or join the allotted college will also be considered eligible for round two.
Who is eligible to take the NEET-PG?
Aspirants who have MBBS degree or Provisional Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council and possess permanent/provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the MCI and those who have completed an internship or those who are expecting to complete it by March 31 are eligible to take the examination.
What is the test format for NEET-PG?
NEET-PG is conducted as a computer-based test. But it is not internet-based. The student will see questions on the computer screen and will have to answer by selecting the answer from the options given on the screen.
What is the duration and No. of questions of the test?
The duration to complete the exam is of 3 hours and will be conducted in a single session. There will be only one section consisting of 240 questions.
Do I have to report to a particular centre in order to participate in the counselling process of NEET PG 2019?
Answer: The whole counselling process (registration, choice filling and choice locking) is completely online. Candidates can participate in the NEET PG counselling 2019 from any place as convenience where they have access to a good internet connection.
If I have made any mistakes while registering for NEET-PG, can I make changes later to rectify?
Yes, If you have made mistakes to your application data, log in to the NEET-PG registration and scheduling website NBE website and select “Edit Profile” to make changes to your personal details. All the information can be edit except for the name and surname. The ability to edit application profile and application details will be available until the end of the registration window.
For further admission related queries, despite you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!