Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Jammu is one of the most popular Medical Colleges in Jammu and Kashmir, It is also known as ASCOMS Jammu Medical College, located at Jammu. The College started in the year 1996 to promote quality of medical studies in Jammu and Kashmir.
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences Jammu Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Status, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Below we have mentioned the NEET UG 2020 Useful Resources that will help you definitely to crack the NEET 2020 exam.
Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Jammu
Before moving ahead let us see the college summary of ASCOMS, Jammu.
|Name of Institute||Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences & Hospital|
|Popular Name||ASCOMS Jammu|
|Location||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Year of Establishment||1996|
|Affiliated with||University of Jammu|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI).|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MS/MD|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Jammu and Kashmir|
Below we have mentioned the NEET PG Useful Resources that will help you definitely to crack the NEET PG exam.
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
Affiliated with:- University of Jammu
Approved by:- Medical Council Of India (MCI)
Aid Status:- Trust
- Computer labs
ASCOMS Jammu offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is not only famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS) but for PG courses also.
ASCOMS Jammu provides quality of education and offers the MBBS UG course
|MBBS||100||4.6 + 1 Year Internship|
ASCOMS Jammu provides quality of education and offers the following PG courses duration is mention below.
|MD (Radio-Diagnosis)||2||3 years|
|MD (Pathology)||4||3 years|
|MD (General Medicine)||4||3 years|
|MS (General Surgery)||4||3 years|
|MD (Anesthesiology)||4||3 years|
Faculty & Staff
ASCOMS, Jammu provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
- Admission through the National level exam NEET UG and NEET PG programme.
Call now to get confirm PG Seat 09999672544
For UG courses – Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
For PG courses – As per the basic requirement, medical aspirants must have completed the MBBS degree from a government recognized college and have a minimum of 1 year of the internship experience.
To get the admission in GMC, Srinagar following are the eligibility criteria for UG and PG Courses.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Admission Seekers must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
The fee structure of ASCOMs Jammu for undergraduate and postgraduate is mention below
ASCOMS Jammu-UG Fee
|Category||Fee (per annum)|
|40 seats for Management Quota||4,50,000/-|
|40 seats for Govt. Quota||4,50,000/-|
|10 seats for weaker section||39,000/-|
|10 seats for NRI Students||US Dollars 19566|
|Category||Fee (per annum)|
|09 seat Govt.Quota||9,00,000/-|
|07 seat Management Quota||9,00,000/-|
|2 NRI seat||US Dollars 21750|
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
ASCOMS Jammu Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET UG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for UG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET PG 2020
To take admission in all India medical colleges for PG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
PG Cutoff 2020
|Category||Qualifying Eligibility||Cut-off Marks (Out of 1500)|
|Persons with Disability||45% Percentile||680.0611|
Call now to get confirm PG Seat 09999672544
Jammu & Kashmir NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 J&K State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for J&K NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the J&K NEET 2020 Counselling schedule.
NEET J&K 2020 Counselling Procedure
Before we speak the counselling procedure for J & K NEET 2020. The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
NOTE:- For further details about J & K Counselling Session. Click here
Aspirants who are applying to PG courses offered by ASCOMS Jammu the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
NOTE-For further details about J & K PG Counselling Session. Click here
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Call now to get confirm PG Seat 09999672544
Ranking And Reputation
|Name of Institute||Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences|
- We Would like to give this college 3.9 out of 5 stars on Edufever top medical college Jammu & Kashmir
Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences
Address: Bypass Road, Sidhra, Jammu,
Jammu and Kashmir 180017
Phone: 0191-2662536-39, 2662268, 2662270, 2662324
Website:- Click here
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
NEET UG FAQs
A. NEET 2020 exam will be conducted in offline mode. An OMR Sheet will be provided to the candidate to mark the answers.
A. The National Testing Agency has received a lot of requests from NEET applicants to conduct the exam twice a year. Still, this change will not be implemented this year. Thus, NEET 2020 will be held only once.
A. According to the official notification released by NTA, a candidate can appear for NEET any number of times. There is no limitation on the number of attempts permitted.
A. To get admission in government medical college, one must secure at least 600 marks in NEET 2020.
A. NEET 2020 will be a 3-hour duration long paper and the exam will be held from 02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.
A. NEET 2020 question paper will be available in 11 languages, but, the language has to be filled during the registration process. Apart from Hindi and English, the candidate can choose from Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada and Telugu.
A. Candidates who do not have computer or internet can avail of the facility of Common Services Centre (CSC). These centres will help in filling the application form, paying the application fee and downloading the admit card.
A. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting the NEET exam in 2019. before 2019, NEET was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
A. No, the exam pattern for NEET 2020 remains the same. But there might be some possibilities to see changes in the academic session 2021-22.
A. There is no restriction on the number of attempts permitted for NEET. According to NTA, a candidate can appear for NTA as many times as he/she needs to qualify the examination.
A. Yes, you can apply for NEET 2020 provided you have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. To apply for NEET 2020, you must also have cleared these subjects individually.
A. According to the guidelines set by NTA, Tamil language question paper will only be available in the test cities in Tamil Nadu. Hence, if you want to choose Tamil as the medium of the question paper, you will have to opt for a test city in Tamil Nadu state only.
A. The application fee for NEET 2020 is Rs 1400 for all the candidates who belong to the General or OBC category. However, for candidates who belong to the SC/ST/ PWD category, the application fee is Rs 750.
A. Yes, experts suggest that the difficulty level of NEET 2020 will be raised owing to the scrapping of both AIIMS MBBS and JIPMER MBBS. NEET is now the only entrance examination for admission to MBBS/ BDS courses in India, thus NTA will ensure the examination is at par with the examinations that were replaced by it.
NEET PG FAQ
A. Aspirants who have MBBS degree or Provisional Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council and possess permanent/provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the MCI and those who have completed an internship or those who are expecting to complete it by March 31 are eligible to take the examination.
A. NEET-PG is conducted as a computer-based test. But it is not internet-based. The student will see questions on the computer screen and will have to answer by selecting the answer from the options given on the screen.
A. The duration to complete the exam is of 3 hours and will be conducted in a single session. There will be only one section consisting of 240 questions.
A. The whole counselling process (registration, choice filling and choice locking) is completely online. Candidates can participate in the NEET PG counselling 2020 from any place as convenience where they have access to a good internet connection.
A. Yes, If you have made mistakes to your application data, log in to the NEET-PG registration and scheduling website NBE website and select “Edit Profile” to make changes to your personal details. All the information can be edit except for the name and surname. The ability to edit application profile and application details will be available until the end of the registration window.
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻 Dream it. Do it. Achieve it.
👉🏻 Keep working Hard
👉🏻 Never Give Up
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best of luck Students !!!
Application Form 2020
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.