Calcutta National Medical College Kolkata is One of the most prestigious medical colleges in Kolkata; It was an amalgamation of a National medical institute (founded in the year 1948). The college is famous for providing Excellent residence space and modern facilities. CNMC Kolkata is locally known as Chittaranjan Hospital to provide Modern education and an Excellent atmosphere.
This article will provide you with detailed information about CNMC Kolkata Fees Structure and Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and a complete college review.
|[[ Page Index ]]|
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fee Structure
6. Counselling Procedure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Calcutta National Medical College Kolkata
Calcutta National Medical College Kolkata is one of the most premium colleges that provide UG and PG courses.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of the Calcutta National Medical College.
|Name of Institute||Calcutta National Medical College Kolkata|
|Popular Name||CNMC Kolkata|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||1948|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||West Bengal Main Computerised Counselling (WBMCC)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MD, MS|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical College in West Bengal|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Government
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Before discussing, let us look at the course overview offered at the Calcutta National Medical College Kolkata.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
|PG Courses||3 Years|
|MD – General Medicine||18|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||4|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||2|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||16|
|MS – General Surgery||10|
|MD – Pathology||4|
|MD – Pharmacology||4|
|MD – Physiology||4|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||6|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||2|
|MD – Microbiology||2|
|MD – Psychiatry||3|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||13|
|MS – Orthopaedics||9|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||8|
|MS – ENT||5|
|MD – Paediatrics||12|
We will let you know about CNMC Kolkata MBBS Syllabus in this selection. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of Calcutta National Medical College Kolkata, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Calcutta National Medical College Kolkata is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these valuable resources about Calcutta National Medical College Kolkata will help you do proper research about the college.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria |
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: West Bengal NEET PG Counselling
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|West Bengal Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Seat Allotment List||Click Here|
|MBBS Colleges in West Bengal||Click Here|
|West Bengal MBBS Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
The fees structure of the CNMC Kolkata for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
UG Courses Fees
NOTE:- Mentioned fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
CNMC Kolkata Cutoff 2021
|Category||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
CNMC Kolkata Cutoff 2020
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
CNMC Kolkata Cutoff 2019
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET PG Cut-off 2022 (Expected)
|Categories||Cut off percentile|
NEET PG 2021 Cutoff (Released)
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
West Bengal NEET Counselling 2022 Process
A candidate can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 West Bengal State Counselling. For more information on West Bengal NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
1. Candidate Registration: Register at the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the online portal selections.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the assigned seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by CNMC Kolkata, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2022
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport-size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of the Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||CNMC Kolkata|
Calcutta National Medical College Kolkata
Address: 32 Gorachand Road, Beniapukur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700014
Official Website: http://cnmckolkata.in/
West Bengal NEET 2022 Admission Support
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How many seats are there for medical science aspirants in CNMC Kolkata?
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in CNMC Kolkata is 250.
Q. Does CNMC Kolkata have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, CNMC Kolkata does have hostel facilities provided.
Q. Do CNMC Kolkata provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
Q. How to get admission to CNMC Kolkata?
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to CNMC Kolkata.
Q. Can I know the exact location of CNMC Kolkata?
Ans. CNMC Kolkata is located at 32 Gorachand Road, Beniapukur, Kolkata, West Bengal 700014.
Q. Is the CNMC Kolkata government or private?
Ans. CNMC Kolkata is Government College.
Q. How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for CNMC Kolkata?
A. Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 630+ will help you get to Government Medical College in the state.
Q. Why do the Tuition Fees of CNMC Kolkata so much?
A. The fees of CNMC Kolkata are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fee structure of CNMC Kolkata, then the average prices include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at CNMC Kolkata.
Q. Is a degree from CNMC Kolkata Valid?
A. Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS from CNMC Kolkata will make you a Doctor and provide you with a degree of MBBS after completing the system. After your course completion, you have to clear the NEXT exam to practice medicines in India.