Padmashree Dr DY Patil Medical College Pune is the first private medical college of Maharashtra situated in Pimpri, Pune. It was founded in the year 1996. The College is Popularly known as Dr DY Patil Medical College Pune. DPU Medical College Pune Affiliated with Dr DY Patil University (Deemed) Pune and Approved by Medical Council Of India (MCI).
In the article, We are going to share all the essential details about DPU Medical College Pune like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
Dr DY Patil Medical College Pune
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the College details of Padmashree Dr DY Patil Medical College Pune.
|Name of Institute||Padmashree Dr DY Patil Medical College Pune|
|Popular Name||Dr DY Patil Medical College Pune|
|Year of Establishment||1996|
|Affiliated to||Dr DY Patil University (Deemed) Pune|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Category||Medical College in Maharashtra|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated by: Dr D Y Patil University (Deemed) Pune
- Approved by: Medical Council Of India (MCI).
- Aid Status: Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
- Sports Complex
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
This college provides an MBBS course for Medical Students which have Intakes capacity of 250 Seats.
|MBBS||250||4 ½ years + 1 Year Internship|
PG Course Offered
provides an MD/MS/MCh. course for Medical Students which have Intakes capacity of 238 Seats.
|General Medicine||24||3 Years|
|Radio – Diagnosis||16||3 Years|
|Respiratory Medicine||8||3 Years|
|Dermatology, Venerology & Leprosy||11||3 Years|
|Emergency Medicine||2||3 Years|
|General Surgery||24||3 Years|
|Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)||8||3 Years|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Admission Seekers must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
|MBBS||For General- 22,00,000/- Tuition +8,60,700/- Other charges|
|For NRI- $60,000 USD/-|
PG Fee Structure
|Courses||Fees for Merit Quota (INR)||Fees for NRI Quota (USD)|
|M.D.T.B and Respiratory Disease||30,00,000 /-||–|
|M.S. Orthopedics||40,00,000 /-||$90,000 /-|
|M.D. Radio Diagnosis||50,00,000 /-||$1,00,000 /-|
|M.D. Pediatrics||33,00,000 /-||$80,000 /-|
|M.D. DVL||45,00,000 /-||$1,00,000 /-|
|M.D. ENT||25,00,000 /-||–|
|M.S. General Surgery||35,00,000 /-||$80,000 /-|
|M.D. General Medicine||35,00,000 /-||$80,000 /-|
|M.S. Opthalmology||35,00,000 /-||$80,000 /-|
|M.D. Obstetrics and Gynecology||40,00,000 /-||$1,00,000 /-|
|M.D. Emergency Medicine||25,00,000 /-||–|
|M.D. Psychiatry||25,00,000 /-||–|
|M.D. Anesthesiology||30,00,000 /-||–|
|M.D. Biochemistry||7,50,000 /-||–|
|M.D. Physiology||7,50,000 /-||–|
|M.D. Anatomy||7,50,000 /-||–|
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
UG Cutoff 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for PG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
PG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Min. qualify Criteria as per Information Bulletin||Cut-off Score as per qualifying |
criteria in Information Bulletin
|Revised min. qualifying criteria ||Revised cutoff Score|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
Maharashtra NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 Maharashtra State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Maharashtra NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Maharashtra NEET 2020 Counselling schedule.
NEET Maharashtra 2020 Counselling Procedure
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Maharashtra NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2020 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Maharashtra must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Aspirants who are applying to PG courses offered by Dr DY Patil Medical College Pune the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Dr DY Patil Medical College Pune|
- The college is one of the Premieres Medical Institute of Maharastra.
- We would like to give 4.1 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Maharastra.
Dr DY Patil Medical College Pune
Location: Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pimpri, Pune, Pune 411018 Maharashtra, India.
Phone: +91 20-27122124, 20-27122125, 20-27122126,
Email: [email protected]
Official Website: http://medical.dpu.edu.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!