MBBS in Iran: Iran, also called Persia and officially the Islamic Republic of Iran, is a country in Western Asia. Studying MBBS in Iran for Indian students denotes one of the best places to study MBBS in a Medical University; there is an affordable tuition fee. MBBS universities in Iran offer one of the most affordable medical study options in and around the world. The Universities in Iran for MBBS are also equipped with large hospitals and labs for students while they get their hands-on practice during their course duration for their medicine study in Iran.
Iran provides one of the most economical medical study options for what is likely the most advanced learning experience. WDOMS, FAIMER, ECFMG, and NMC are all recognized medical universities in Iran. The greatest medical universities in Iran are among the best medical universities in the world. Compared to other countries, the cost of living in Iran is quite affordable for Indian students. The hostels are well-equipped to meet all of the comfort needs of international students.
1. Country Summary
2. Quick facts
3. Why study MBBS in Iran
4. Eligibility Criteria
5. Admission Procedure
6. Documents Required
7. Top MBBS Colleges in Iran with Fees
8. Advantages and Disadvantages
9. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Iran also called Persia and officially the Islamic Republic of Iran, is a country in Western Asia. It is bordered to the west by Iraq and Turkey, to the northwest by Azerbaijan and Armenia, to the north by the Caspian Sea and Turkmenistan, to the east by Afghanistan and Pakistan, and to the south by the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf. Iran covers an area of 1,648,195 km2 (636,372 sq mi), making it the fourth-largest country in Asia and the second-largest in Western Asia. Its population is 85 million, and its capital and largest city are Tehran.
|Language||Official Languages: Persian|
|Climate||Warm and Tropical|
|Time Zone||(GMT+3:30) Iran Standard Time|
|Religion||99.4% Muslim, 0.6 Others.|
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Iran, let’s look at Quick facts.
|Course Offered||Doctor of Medicine Degree (equivalent to MBBS, India)|
|Course Duration||5 – 6 Years (Depends on University)|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 (Science) with 50% – 70% in PCB (Depending on University)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Universities Recognition||NMC, WHO, FAIMER, UNESCO, Ministry of Education India|
|Entrance Exam||NEET (Qualified only)|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||+91-9999709233 (India)|
Recognition of Iran Medical College
The most critical factors that decide a good and best medical college are checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters. Iran MBBS Colleges are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Iran.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research).
Why study MBBS in Iran?
- Globally Affiliated, Accredited, and Recognised Universities: All universities are recognized by WDOMS, FAIMER, ECFMG, and the Medical Council of leading countries like the U.S.A, U.K, Middle East, Australia, India, Canada, etc.
- Safe Learning Atmosphere: Iran offers all its students a safe and secure learning atmosphere. The best medical universities in Iran offer students a secure and reliable educational practice and lifestyle.
- Advanced Learning Experience: Iran is one of the countries which has always prioritized the development of the public healthcare system. As a result, the country has extremely advanced hospitals and well-equipped medical universities.
- Resourceful Healthcare Sector: Medical universities in Iran are excellent in terms of infrastructure, technical advances, qualified lecturers, etc., making them a popular choice among students all over the world, especially from India
- Course Duration: The duration of MBBS in Iran is seven years. The first five years of the course are reserved for theoretical and technical learning, after which the focus transits to the practical implementation in the form of an internship of 2 years.
- Affordable Course of Study: Iran offers one of the most affordable medical study options for probably the most advanced learning experience.
- Recognized Universities: The best medical universities of Iran fall in the top cream of the best medical universities of the world.
- Cost of Living: The cost of living in Iran for Indian students is very low compared to other countries. The hostels are well accommodated with all the comfort requirements of international students.
- Advanced Learning: MBBS in Iran uses advanced technological resources to impart classroom learning. The use of technology helps to keep learning more advanced and interesting for the students.
- Diverse Choice for Career Opportunities: Iran offers diverse career opportunities that students can choose based on their interests, aptitudes, and preferences.
- Language of Instruction: In most universities, the language of common and official use is English.
Iran has become a top preferred destination for Indian and international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses abroad. If you too want to study MBBS in Iran, check the eligibility below.
|Course Offered||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Course Duration||6 Years|
|Basic Eligibility||Class 12th in Science, with PCB and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Medium of Teaching||English language|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO|
|NEET Entrance Exam||NEET Qualified (Only)|
|Want to Study MBBS Abroad?||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||+91-9999709233 (India)|
|Low Budget Abroad MBBS College||Enquire Now|
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
Entry Requirements for Indian Students: If you want Admission to Iran, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for NEET Exam that will help you boost preparing for the NEET exam.
Before admission to Top MBBS Colleges in Iran, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from Iran.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Iran Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Top MBBS Colleges in Iran with Fees Structure
Below-mentioned is the updated list of 2023-24 NMC-approved medical colleges in Iran. To know detailed info about Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, and Facilities available and complete the college review, click the college link or Read more. It will provide a list of the best medical colleges.
|S.No.||Name of Colleges||Fees Structure|
|1.||Isfahan University of Medical Sciences||5,35,960|
|2.||Shiraz University of Medical Sciences||5,35,960|
|3.||Mashhad University of Medical Sciences||4,12,270|
|4.||Iran University of Medical Sciences||3,29,820|
|5.||Tehran University of Medical Sciences||4,94,730|
|6.||Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran||4,20,000|
Top MBBS Colleges in Iran with Fees Structure (Graphical Representation)
Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Iran
Do you know Education in Iran is overseen by the Ministry of Education? There are a lot of advantages to studying in Iran, here are just a few:
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Iran
- The MBBS degree is recognized by the WHO and UNESCO and accepted worldwide.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to the institutions this NMC recognizes for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Students studying in Iran can complete their internship program at world-class medical colleges and hospitals worldwide.
- The tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Iran provide great academics as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree students get from Iran medical colleges is globally renowned and holds great worth.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Iran
- As Persian is the local language in Iran, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Persian Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is a little different. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is MBBS abroad a good option?
A. Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to practice in India or any foreign country.
Q. Can poor Indian students study abroad?
A. Of course, there is no rich and poor when it comes to education; it is all about knowledge. There are several scholarships open to students, and the government of India also provides a scholarship option for academically brilliant students
Q. Is MBBS from Iran valid in India?
A. Yes, MBBS from Iran is valid in India, provided you have studied at any MCI-approved universities. The course structure for MBBS in Iran is similar to that of India. To practice in India, the students must qualify for the screening test administered by NMC (MCI).
Q. How much does it cost to study MBBS in Iran?
A. The actual expenditure of stay depends upon the preferences of the students. However, the average cost to study MBBS in Iran, excluding the cost of living, ranges from 6000 USD to 8000 USD per annum depending on the university and the course.
Q. What are the documents required for applying to MBBS in Iran?
A. For applying to MBBS study in Iran, the student must possess- a high-school/Secondary School (10th) Marksheet, an Intermediate/ Senior Secondary School (12th) Marksheet, a NEET Score Card, and an updated photo ID proof with all the correct details issued by Govt. of India.