Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences Rohtak is one of the reputed Govt. Dental Colleges in Haryana. The college is popularly known as Postgraduate Dental College and was founded in the year 1980-81. The college is affiliated with Pt. B.D. Sharma. University of Health Sciences, Rohtak and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Govt. of India.
The college was established with an objective of fortification the weakest section of the Nation, i.e. Rural population. PGIMS Dental College Rohtak was started to serve students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Now the college has become synonyms with one of the Best Private Dental Colleges in Haryana.
|Major Notification||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
Post Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences Rohtak
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Postgraduate Dental College Rohtak.
|College Name||Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences Rohtak|
|Popular Name||PGIMS Dental College Rohtak, Postgraduate Dental College Rohtak|
|Affiliated to||PT. B.D. Sharma Postgraduation Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India (DCI)|
|Hospital Attached||PT. B.D. SHARMA POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, ROHTAK|
|Hospital Type||Attached with Medical College|
|Admin Authority||An Autonomous Body Promoted by Central/State Govt|
|Category||Dental College in Haryana|
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about the Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences Rohtak (PGIMS Dental College Rohtak) Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: PT. B.D. Sharma Postgraduation Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak
- Approved by: DCI
- Aid Status: Private
- Academic Block
- Hospital Block
- Lecture Halls
- Examination Hall
- Sporting Excellence
- Looking beyond academics
- Ragging & Tobacco-Free Campus
Dental Chairs Details
|No.Of Dental Chairs||Academic Year|
College Infrastructure Details
|Academic Year||Constructed Area(In sq. ft.)||Non-Constructed Area(In sq. ft.)||Total Area(In sq. ft.)|
|No. of Boy’s Hostels||Total Capacity||No. Of Girl’s Hostels||Total Capacity||Academic Year|
Course Essential Certificates
|Course Name||Speciality||Certificate Type||Letter No||Issue Date||Issuing Authority|
|BDS||N/A||Recognition Letter||F.NO. V- 12017/9/99-||22 May 2007||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry||Recognition Letter||NO.V-12017/4/2009-DE||14 Feb 2013||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry||IIIrd Year Renewal of Permission||NO.V.12017/31/2016-D||30 Dec 2016||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|MDS||Oral Medicine||IInd Year Renewal of Permission||NO.V.12017/30/2016-D||12 Jan 2017||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|MDS||Oral Pathology||IInd Year Renewal of Permission||NO.V.12017/16/2018/D||31 Jan 2019||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|MDS||Orthodonitics||Recognition Letter||NO.V.12017/19/2016-D||27 Dec 2016||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|MDS||Pedodontics||Recognition Letter||NO.V.12017/19/2016-D||27 Dec 2016||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|MDS||Periodontics||Recognition Letter||NO.V-12017/4/2009-DE||14 Feb 2013||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|MDS||Prosthodontics||Recognition Letter||NO.V.12017/19/2016-D||27 Dec 2016||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
|MDS||Public Health Dentistry||IIIrd Year Renewal of Permission||NO.V.12017/31/2016-D||30 Dec 2016||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
Courses Offered & Seat Details (Intake Capacity)
|Course||Specialty||Academic Year||Approved Seats||Recognised Seats||Ews Seats||Intake Capacity||Permitted Seats||Admitted Seats|
|MDS||Public Health Dentistry||2019-20||0||3||3||3||3|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambiance of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG dental Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG dental Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Admission Seekers must have a BDS degree from a dental college recognized by DCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
The scholarships recognize the merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarship updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counseling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cut-off Marks|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||701-134|
|Unreserved PH (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||133-120|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||133-107|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||133-107|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||133-107|
NEET 2019 Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
Note: To know more about the Cutoff of Postgraduate Dental College Rohtak Click Here
Haryana NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Haryana registered for NEET 2020 Haryana State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Haryana NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Haryana NEET 2020 Counselling schedule.
NEET Haryana 2020 Counselling Procedure
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Haryana NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2020 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota.
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Haryana must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Aspirants who are applying to MDS courses offered by Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences Rohtak the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
Note: To know more information about the MDS Counselling of Postgraduate Dental College Rohtak Click Here
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with the following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate of West Bengal Medical Counselling Committee (WBMCC).
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences Rohtak|
- It is one of the premier dental Colleges in Haryana.
- We would like to give 3.9 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Top BDS College in Haryana
Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences Rohtak
Address: Haryana, Rohtak- 124001
Official Website: http://pgimsrohtak.nic.in
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans: All candidates who have qualified for All India Quota seats on the basis of their rank in NEET UG conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (NTA) except J&K. Eligible candidates may download the Rank letter/ Result from NTA website. The cutoff rank of eligible candidates is also available on this website under the heading of notice. For this year cut off rank for 15% All India Quota is same as that of MCI/DCI cutoff Read Also
Ans: All candidates who have qualified for All India Quota seats on the basis of their rank in NEET UG conducted by the NTA. Including candidates from J&K.
Ans: 1) Delhi University: – 15% Seats will be contributed to All India
Quota & for the rest 85% seats, candidates who have studied 11th & 12th grade in Delhi are eligible for Institutional Quota of 85%.
2) Aligarh Muslim University (AMU):- will have 50% Institutional reservation for the
candidates who have studied from their schools for the last 3 years. The rest 50% of seats will be open to all eligible candidates for NEET.
3) BHU:- The Eligibility criteria for BHU, will be all candidates who are eligible for NEET
counselling will be eligible to participate in BHU Counseling for all seats of BHU.
4) Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi: 03 seats of BDS are under
the internal quota of Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi and 47 (forty-seven) seats of BDS as per the category mentioned in seat matrix are open to all.
5) VMMC & SJH: 15% +AIR seats of Institute Quota for AIQ and rest for candidates of
Delhi who have studied 11th and 12th standard in Delhi
Ans: During the process of online registration you will generate a password as per password policy, which will be shown to you when you register and create a password. Please remember your password till the end of All India Quota admission process; otherwise, you will not be able to participate in the counselling/admission process.
Ans: Candidates allotted seats will be required to join the allotted college/course within stipulated time which is mentioned in counselling schedule. In some of the colleges/ universities,2-3 days’ time is required to complete admission formalities. Therefore, candidates are advised to contact allotted college immediately after the declaration of result of counselling allotment process, to know the details. If the candidate fails to join the allotted Medical/Dental College within a stipulated time, then the allotted seat will be cancelled.
Ans: Since it is an online allotment (Online Counseling) process, no documents will be required for participating in the online allotment process during the Registration process.
Ans: No candidates need not report or join the allotted college of Round 1 since there is a free exit. However, if they want to hold the Round 1 seat they can join the college of Round 1 and give up-gradation willingness for Round 2.
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻Never let yourself down😊😊
👉🏻Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
Don’t worry, we are always with you for any admission related queries you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Abroad Admission 2020
- MBBS Abroad Admission 2020 Application FormApply Now
- Kazakh National Medical University, Kazakhstan: Admission Closed Shortly Apply Now
- Stavropol State Medical University, Russia: Admission Form Open Apply Now
- Kursk State Medical University, Russia: Application Form Apply Now
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University, Ukraine: Application Form Apply Now
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers