SMBT Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre is a newly established private medical college which was founded in the year of 2014. SMBT Medical College Nashik is popularly known as SMBT Nashik. The College is Affiliated by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
The SMBT Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Nandi hills, Nashik is registered with the Medical Council of India (MCI). The Institute has permission to offer MBBS Course with an annual intake of 150 students.
In the article, We are going to share all the essential details about SMBT Medical College Nashik like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
SMBT Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre Nashik
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the College details of SMBT Medical College Nashik.
|Name of Institute||SMBT Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre Nashik|
|Popular Name||SMBT Medical College Nashik, SMBT Nashik|
|Year of Establishment||2014|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Category||Medical College in Maharashtra|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Approved by: Medical Council Of India (MCI).
- Aid Status: Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
- Sports Complex
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
The Student applying for the SMBT Nashik medical college must have a look at the courses offered along with the intake and course duration.
|MBBS||150||4.5 Years 1 Year internship|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
Complete UG Fee Details
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
NEET UG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for UG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
UG Cutoff 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
Maharashtra NEET 2019 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Maharashtra to get themselves registered for NEET 2019 Maharashtra State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Maharashtra NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the Maharashtra NEET 2019 Counselling schedule.
NEET Maharashtra 2019 Counselling Procedure
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Maharashtra NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2019 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Maharashtra must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2019. Counselling of NEET 2019 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
List of Documents as per MUHS & DMER Guidelines
1) Nationality Certificate / Domicile / Passport.
2) SSC Certificate.
3) HSC Passing Mark sheet.
4) NEET 2017 Mark sheet & Selection letter & Admit card.
5) School / College Leaving Certificate.
6) Caste Certificate (if applicable).
7) Caste Validity Certificate (if applicable).
8) Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (if applicable).
9) Educational Gap Certificate (if applicable).
10) Medical Fitness Certificate (In prescribed format) – Click Here to Download.
11) Migration Certificate (if applicable).
12) Aadhar Card.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||SMBT Medical College Nashik|
- The college is one of the Premieres Medical Institute of Maharastra.
- We would like to give 4.1 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Maharastra.
SMBT Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre Nashik
Address: Nandi Hills, Dhamangaon Tal. Igatpuri, Dist. Nashik, Maharashtra State, India
Fax: +91 2553 282300
Email: [email protected]
Official Website: http://smbt.edu.in/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there any chance of medical seat with NEET score of 450 in this college?
Answer: The availability of seats into the college solely depends upon the NEET Cutoff score. Depending upon the number of candidates applied for the test and the observation of the results, it can be said that scoring 450 will create a great chance for the college.
What does Free Exit for NEET counselling round one mean?
Answer: The Free exit in NEET Counselling 2019 means that if a candidate is allotted a seat in the round 1 of NEET 2019 counselling but do not report/join the allotted college then s/he will not be penalised and will be eligible to participate in the next round of counselling.
Question: What are freeze, Float and withdrawal choices shown in NEET counselling 2019 form?
Freeze (lock): A candidate, who is satisfied with the presently allotted seat to him and does not want to be considered for upgradations of the seat in any subsequent rounds of counselling is required to opt for the FREEZE/LOCK option.
Float: A candidate, who wants to confirm the seat presently allotted to him and also at the same time wants to be considered for upgradations of the seat in next Round of counselling on the basis of his/her already filled choices, is required to opt for the FLOAT option.
Withdraw: A candidate, who is not satisfied with the presently allotted seat to him/her and does not want to be considered for allotment in any subsequent rounds of counselling, should opt for the WITHDRAW option.
Question: When will the NEET counselling process start?
Answer: The schedule of the NEET counselling has not been released yet. However, it is likely to start in the second week of June 2019.
If a candidate is allotted a seat in round one but does not join the college then will s/he be considered eligible for the next round?
Answer: If a candidate is allotted a seat in the round one of NEET counselling 2019 then s/he will be given a choice to join the allotted college or not. Candidates who will not report or join the allotted college will also be considered eligible for round two.
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!