Sarojini Naidu Medical College (SNMC Agra) is one of the three oldest Government medical colleges in India and named after 1st Lady governess of India Sarojini Naidu. This college is also very popular Known as SN Medical College Agra situated in Agra Uttar Pradesh. The Institute was established in the year 1854. SNMC Agra is one of the leading Medical Colleges in Uttar Pradesh.
SNMC Agra is affiliated with Dr B.R. Amedkar University, Agra and approved by the Medical Council of India.
In the article, We are going to share all the essential details SNMC Agra like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, and other details.
Sarojini Naidu Medical College Agra
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of the SN Medical College Agra.
|Name of Institute||Sarojini Naidu Medical College Agra|
|Popular Name||SNMC Agra, SN Medical College Agra|
|Location||Agra, Uttar Pradesh|
|Year of Establishment||1854|
|Affiliated||Dr B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra|
|Approved||Medical Council Of India|
|Courses Offered|| |
|Hostel Facility||yes(Male and Female)|
|Category||Medical College In Uttar Pradesh|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
Affiliated with:-Dr B.R. Ambedkar University Agra
Approved by:-Medical Council Of India
SNMC Agra Facilities
- PD-Indoor Services
- Accident & Emergency Department
- ICUs Super Speciality Centre
- 24 Hour Help Line
- Community Health Centre
- Hostel facilities
- Cyber Cafes
SNMC Agra offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
|MBBS||123||4.6+1 year Internship|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||1||3 years|
|MD – Pharmacology||2||3 years|
|MD – Psychiatry||2||3 years|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3||3 years|
|MD/MS – Obstetrtics & Gynaecology||0||3 years|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||2||3 years|
|MS – Orthopaedics||5||3 years|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||2||3 years|
|MS – General Surgery||11||3 years|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||6||3 years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||7||3 years|
|MD – General Medicine||14||3 years|
|MD – Paediatrics||6||3 years|
|MD – Pathology||7||3 years|
|MD – Physiology||2||3 years|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||2||3 years|
|MD – Radiotherapy||3||3 years|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||0||3 years|
|Diploma in Medical Radiology and Electrology||0||3 years|
|Diploma in Dermatology||2||3 years|
|Diploma in Anesthesia||1||3 years|
|Diploma in Child Health||6||3 years|
|Diploma in Clinical Pathology||0||3 years|
|Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology||6||3 years|
|Diploma in Ophthalmology||0||3 years|
|Diploma in Orthopaedics||2||3 years|
|Diploma in Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases||1||2 years|
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Note: Candidate after completing the course shall serve the state of Uttar Pradesh as a medical officer on contract basis at least for a minimum period of 2 years in any of the government hospital or health centre situated on small type of district of the state failing which they shall be liable severally or jointly to pay the government full bond amount Rs. 1 Crore as a penalty.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Candidate must have graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).
The fees structure of the college for the UG course is mentioned below.
The fees structure of the college for the PG course is mentioned below.
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
UG Cutoff 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for PG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
PG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Min. qualify Criteria as per Information Bulletin||Cut-off Score as per qualifying |
criteria in Information Bulletin
|Revised min. qualifying criteria ||Revised cutoff Score|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
UP NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate General of Medical Education and Training, UP to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 Uttar Pradesh State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Uttar Pradesh NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Uttar Pradesh NEET 2020 Counselling schedule.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Uttar Pradesh NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2020 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota.
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Uttar Pradesh must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Aspirants who are applying to PG courses offered by SNMC Agra the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking And Reputation
|Name of Institute||Sarojini Naidu Medical College|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Agra.
- We would like to give 4.2 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Uttar Pradesh.
Sarojini Naidu Medical College(SNMC Agra)
Address: Moti Katra, Agra–282002, Uttar Pradesh
Phone: +91 562 2260353
Fax: +91 562 2260965
Email: [email protected]
Official Website: http://www.snmcagra.ac.in
Question: What Amount of Fee to be deducted on re-allocation of seat to the candidates in 2nd/3rd round of Counseling?
Question: How much fees to be reimbursed in case candidate resigns during the counselling period?
Question: What amount of Fees To be reimbursed in case Candidate resigns after Counseling period?
Answer: 0 (Zero).
Question: What is the time period of reimbursement (in days)?
Answer: 60 days.
Question: In case candidate resigns after the final round of counselling, how much amount a candidate has to pay to the institution?
Answer: AT PRESENT NIL.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best of luck..!!!
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.