Attention Candidates, NEET 2024 exam will be conducted on 05 May 2024. NEET Seat Matrix 2024 will be available on MCC’s official portal (mcc.nic.in). The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, also known as NEET-UG, is an entrance examination in India for aspirants who wish to study any graduate medical course like (medical/ dental course in Government Private Medical Colleges in India. It is an examination of the medical sector conducted nationally; candidates might be admitted to MBBS, BDS & BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BNYS, and BSMS courses after qualifying for the NEET. The examination opens almost 83,075+ seats for candidates wishing to pursue MBBS and BDS in various medical colleges across India.
As per the latest update on the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare(MoHFW), JIPMER Puducherry and AIIMS Delhi now grant admission to nearly 349 JIMER MBBS seats and 1,899 AIMMS MBBS seats based on NEET scores.
1 Quick Fact
2 NEET Seat Matrix 2022
3 Counselling for 15% All India Quota
4 Frequently Asked Questions
Before discussing the NTA NEET UG entrance exam, like the Application form, important dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, NEET 2024 cutoff, counselling etc., let’s look at a Quick fact about NEET.
|Name of Examination||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) or NEET-UG|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of NEET Examination||National-level|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode (Pen, Paper)|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|Total Number of Questions||200 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Languages available for the Examination||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Punjabi|
|Get NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
NEET Seat Matrix 2024
- Based on the result, NTA formulates NEET Merit List, which colleges use to allot student seats.
- Each college releases its category-wise cut-off separately.
- The allocation of seats is based on their rank, score and cut offset defined by the participating institutes. The institute allotted will also depend on the choices filled by the candidates in their online NEET Counselling form.
- For admission into UG courses in AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy), students must appear for NEET.
- NEET Merit List will now be used to allot seats in veterinary colleges for undergraduate courses like BVSc. and Animal Husbandry under 15% All India Quota.
- NEET results will be applicable for admissions to all medical colleges in India.
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will now participate in 15% All India Quota Counselling and no longer need to submit a self-declaration form.
Counselling for 15% All India Quota
- The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Government of India, will hold the Counselling for 15% of All India Quota Seats.
- All deemed central state universities will participate in online counselling.
- This counselling will also fill seats of ESIC and AFMC, BHU & AMU.
- Candidates will apply for 15% All India Quota seats per the directions of DGHS, and Counselling will be stopped soon as the seats are filled.
- Through this counselling, candidates can get enrolled in any of the medical colleges in India.
- Those candidates who participate in All India Counselling can also participate in State Counselling of their respective states. To know more information about AIQ Counselling of NEET 2022, Click Here.
NEET UG 2024 Resources
Here in this section, we have provided some essential links to NEET Examination.
|NTA NEET Cutoff||Click Here||NEET College Predictor||Click Here|
|NTA NEET Seat Matrix||Click Here||Medical Colleges Fee Structure||Click Here|
|MCC NEET Counselling||Click Here||NTA NEET Official Answer Key||Click Here|
|NTA NEET UG Result||Click Here||NEET Rank Predictor||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which state has the highest medical seats in India?
Indian states with the most medical colleges include Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh. States with the fewest include Manipur, Tripura, Chandigarh, Goa, and Sikkim.
Who is responsible for the 15% of the All India Quota seat allotment process?
Once the NEET result is released, 15% of AIQ seats will be managed by the MCC of the Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) online.
Who can appear in NEET for 15% All India Quota Seats?
Candidates from the following categories can apply for NEET- Indian Nationals Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET-UG for 15% of All India Quota Seats.