We have so many treatment methods available in India, and still, people are not at all aware of most of them. Ayurveda Courses in India being the most popular one among them is coming under lights at a faster pace. Nowadays, peoples are finding Ayurveda medicine more reliable and trustworthy. The main ideology behind Ayurveda derived from the ancient accounts of medical knowledge which were transformed from the Gods to sages, and then to human physicians.
The study of one’s life span is known as Ayurveda, or it can be defined as a book that contains information about one’s life span. The time from birth to death is known as life span or in a short life. Hence Ayurveda helps people to live a better life. Every treatment method follows its style, and Ayurveda has got some benefits over others.
The Ayurveda book has specified how a person gets affected by a disease and how medicines work in their body. Now, let’s have a look at what is it like to be in ayurvedic medicine courses and have a degree in Ayurveda.
1. What is BAMS?
2. Ayurveda Courses in India
3. How to become an Ayurvedic Doctor?
4. Life of an Ayurvedic Doctor
5. Future Scopes of Ayurveda
6. Top College Offering Ayurveda Courses in India
7. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is BAMS?
BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. BAMS is one of the medical degrees in Ayurveda courses offered by the different institution in India. The course duration is five and a half years long with a one-year internship.
As the name says, it is the study of Ayurveda in conjunction with other vital subjects such as Toxicology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Gynecology, Physiology, Principles of Medicine, and Principles of Surgery.
Those who have taken science stream for 12th are eligible to receive this degree. After completing Ayurveda courses, one can have Ayurveda certification and can apply for various Ayurveda jobs offered by Government and private organisation. So if you too want to learn Ayurveda, then it is the right time to get enrolled in the ayurvedic institute.
Ayurveda Courses in India
To work as an Ayurvedic Doctor, one can earn a degree in following Ayurveda course, i.e. listed below:
(A) Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- It is a five and a half year-long course along with a one-year internship to train students to get familiar with the concept of Toxicology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Gynecology, Physiology, Principles of Medicine, and Principles of Surgery.
- The essential qualification required to pursue a career in dental surgery is 12th with science stream.
(B) MD/ MS in Ayurveda
- It is a three-year study after under graduation BAMS Courses to specialise in a particular field related to Ayurveda.
- Undergraduate Degree in BAMS is the must-have eligibility to pursue MD/MS courses in Ayurveda.
How to become an Ayurvedic Doctor?
Ayurvedic medicine is originated in India, and to acquire the knowledge completely, the best place to pursue an Ayurvedic degree in India. There is a sample of state and private funded ayurvedic institute in India offering Ayurveda degree courses. You can also join some online ayurvedic training courses to build your knowledge about Ayurvedic medicines.
To have a degree in Ayurveda, the minimum qualification is to pass the state entrance exam conducted in every year. Getting admission to a college that offers Ayurveda is not that challenging as compared to other medical degrees.
Life of an Ayurvedic Doctor
After being graduated, students usually go for further studies like post-graduation or research to have themselves trained well. Great job opportunities are available for Ayurvedic doctors in both government and the private sector. Some well-trained doctors may develop their clinics for research and treatments.
By the person’s skills and interest, the job may vary. Some people may prefer teaching at Ayurveda colleges after doing post-graduation in Ayurveda. Having a degree in Ayurveda, it is legal to work anywhere in India.
Future Scopes of Ayurveda
The demands for Ayurvedic doctors are nowadays heavy, and thus the scope is vast. The main thing that differentiates Ayurveda from all other medical branches is the lack of side effects after treatment. This has resulted in a massive rise in the demand of Ayurvedic doctor not only in India but also in foreign countries.
One can quickly get a high paid job after doing courses in ayurvedic medicine. Nowadays, Ayurveda has expanded to surgical fields too, thus giving rise in Ayurveda job vacancy. There are a huge demand and jobs for BAMS doctors abroad.
Top College Offering Ayurveda Courses in India
Some of the leading Institute offering Ayurveda courses in India are listed below.
- National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur
- Gujarat Ayurveda University, Jamnagar
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- JB Roy State Medical College, Kolkata
- Shri Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Nagpur
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A. After BAMS if you get a job in Government Ayurvedic Hospital you will get the same salary as MBBS doctor, Private practice in Rural and Semi-urban area BAMS doctors sell medicines also and get good commission.
There is MD (Ayurveda), and after that, you can get teachings posts in Ayurvedic Medical Colleges Ayurveda is safe, medicines will never kill patient. In many places, BAMS people prescribe modern medication (not legal )and make money.
A. Yes, it is very much necessary to take PCMB or PCB because Ayurveda is a science and BAMS is a professional degree, so you need science background for Ayurveda, especially biology.
A. The Best Study Tips for BAMS (Ayurveda students) are listed below:
Decide to practice pure Ayurveda.
1. Regularly Attend clinic of a pure Ayurveda practitioner as an observer after college hours. Start learning practice skills there since the first year. Ask questions. Follow his/her instructions for study.
2. Gain basic knowledge of Sanskrit language and start reading original Sanskrit texts (Bruhatrayi) with available Sanskrit tikas. Gradually your understanding of Sanskrit will go on improving. Please continue until you start understanding.
3. Mug up Important shlokas first. Then learn a technique of drawing meaning out of a shloka. Get help from your Sanskrit teacher. Once you learn a method, you can do it on your own. For difficult words refer several paragraphs from original Sanskrit commentaries.
4. It is essential to understand original Samhitas as they are to understand Ayurveda.
As for extracurricular activities, you may start preparing some formulations, visit herbal gardens regularly, assisting in health check-up camps etc.
A. Nope!! The Basic Requirement for MD/MS in Ayurveda is a BAMS UG course. After BAMS with Mandatory Internship, You Have To Appear For an AIAPGET to Pursue MD/MS Courses. But some MBBS Doctors prescribe Ayurvedic medicine like LIV 52, Shatavri, & many more.
A. You can integrate anything to anything. But integrating Ayurveda to “modern medicine” is a crazy idea. Because every system of treatment is based on some principles and follow its methodology and are unique in itself. So the best thing you can do is to master your system well. Practice it with pride.
And in case you are not happy with practising Ayurveda, join MBBS and become an Allopathic doctor. Integrating two systems is never a good idea. The product, after integrating two systems, will be like eunuchs.
A. The benefits of Ayurveda are listed below:
Ayurveda achieves rejuvenation through various body purification processes (shodhana) which were adopted by the ancient hermits/ascetics. These are known detoxification in modern science.
After detoxification, to further revive the ageing body, Rasayana (rejuvenation) therapy was initiated.
The precise selection of Divya herbs and then the action of each plant was determined by the doctrine of Rasa, Virya, Vipaca, Guna, and Karma of the plant.
Rasayanas were thus, specific remedies for rejuvenation, especially for the aged and were so powerful that they could also treat incurable diseases.
With this therapy, all tissues, glands, and organs, however inactive, started to function in harmony.
Worried about Low rank in NEET 2020; Don’t want to waste a year? Study in Low Budget MBBS College in Russia/Ukraine/Kazakhstan and 10+ Low Budget Countries Call Now: +91-9999709233 & Apply Now