Government Medical College Bhavnagar (GMC Bhavnagar) was founded in the year 1995 by Government of Gujarat at the oldest city of Gujarat Bhavnagar. The college is popularly known as GMC Bhavnagar. Bhavnagar Medical College is one of the prestigious Medical Colleges in Gujarat. GMC is affiliated to the Maharaja Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar. The College campus is spread over 28,636.78 sq.m. area with the best facility.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
Throughout this article, we are going to share all the essential details about Government Medical College Bhavnagar like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cut off Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking etc.
- 1 Government Medical College Bhavnagar
- 2 GMC Bhavnagar Courses Offered
- 3 Admission Process
- 4 GMC Bhavnagar Fees Structure
- 5 NEET Cutoff
- 6 NEET Cut off 2018
- 7 NEET Cut off 2017
- 8 Gujarat NEET 2019 Counselling
- 9 Ranking and Reputation
- 10 Contact Details
Government Medical College Bhavnagar
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Government Medical College Bhavnagar.
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College Bhavnagar Gujarat|
|Popular Name||GMC Bhavnagar|
|Year of Establishment||1995|
|Affiliated with||Maharaja Krishnakumarsinghji Bhavnagar University|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI).|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MD, MS, PG Diploma, Diploma|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Gujarat|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated: Maharaja Krishnakumarsinghji Bhavnagar University
- Approved by: Medical Council Of India (MCI).
- Aid Status: Govt.
- No ragging environment.
- Hostel (Boys & Girls)
- Computer labs
- IT Infrastructure
GMC Bhavnagar Courses Offered
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||150||4.6 Years +1 Year Internship|
|Doctorate of Medicine (M.D)||03||3 Years|
|Master of Surgery(MS)||02||3 Years|
|PG Diploma||N/A||2 Years|
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotech combined.
- Admission Seekers must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
GMC Bhavnagar Fees Structure
|Doctorate of Medicine (M.D)||N/A|
|Master of Surgery(MS)||N/A|
*** Fees Will be Updated Soon***
NEET Cutoff 2019 (Expected)
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile|
NEET Cut off 2018
NEET Cut off 2018: Category-wise Qualified Candidates
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates |
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
NEET Cut off 2017
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||697-131||5,43,473*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||130-118||67|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||130-107||14599|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||130-107||6018|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||130-107||47382|
Gujarat NEET 2019 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC) to get themselves registered for NEET 2019 Gujarat State Counselling. Before we speak the counseling procedure for Gujarat NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the Gujarat NEET 2019 Counselling schedule.
NEET Gujarat 2019 Counselling Procedure
The entire process of counseling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Gujarat must have to register themselves for the NEET counseling 2019. Counseling of NEET 2019 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counseling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counseling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counseling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||GMC Bhavnagar|
We Would like to give this Medical college 4.2 out of 5 Stars on Edufever the Best MBBS College in Gujarat.
Government Medical College Bhavnagar, Gujarat
Address: Nr. ST Bus Stand, Jail Road, Bhavnagar 364001 (Gujarat – INDIA).
Phone: 0278-2510236/ 0278-2430808
Email ID: [email protected]
Official Website: Click Here
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best Of luck..!!!