KAP Viswanathan Government Medical College is one of the popular govt. Medical College is well known as KVGMC Trichy. It was implemented in the year 1997, which is situated in Trichy, the state of Tamilnadu.
In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about KAP Viswanathan Government Medical College, Trichy Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
KAP Viswanathan Government Medical College Trichy
Trichy Medical College is famous to provides Its quality education and excellent infrastructure. The College is affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University, Guindy, Chennai and recognized by the NMC.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of KVGMC Trichy.
|Name of Institute||K A P Viswanathan Government Medical College Trichy|
|Popular Name||Trichy Medical College, KVGMC Trichy|
|Year of Establishment||1997|
|Affiliated||The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Tamilnadu|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
Affiliated with:- The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University Chennai
Approved by:- NMC
Aid Status:- Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Library||Community Health Centre|
|24 Hour Help Line||I.C.U.s Super Speciality Centre|
|Blood Bank||Diagnostic Services|
|Accident & Emergency Department||OPD-Indoor Services|
KAP Viswanathan Government Medical College Trichy offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure.
KVGMC Trichy provides quality education and offers the following UG courses.
KVGMC Trichy provides quality education and offers the following PG Courses.
|MD GENERAL MEDICINE||3 Years|
|MS GENERAL SURGERY||3 Years|
|MD ANAESTHESIA LOGY||3 Years|
|MD PAEDIATRICS||3 Years|
|MS OG||3 Years|
|MD BIOCHEMISTRY||3 Years|
|M.D PSYCHIATRY||3 Years|
|M.S ORTHO||3 Years|
|M.D MICROBIOLOGY||3 Years|
|M.D ANATOMY||3 Years|
|M.D PATHOLOGY||3 Years|
|M.S OPHTHALMOLOGY||3 Years|
MD/MS Intake Capacity
|MD GENERAL MEDICINE||14||MS GENERAL SURGERY||16|
|MD ANAESTHESIA LOGY||13||MD PAEDIATRICS||9|
|MS OG||9||MD BIOCHEMISTRY||2|
|M.D PSYCHIATRY||4||M.S ORTHO||5|
|M.D MICROBIOLOGY||3||M.D ANATOMY||3|
|M.D PATHOLOGY||6||M.S OPHTHALMOLOGY|
Here in this selection, we will let you about Kanyakumari Government Medical College Karimnagar MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As Kanyakumari Government Medical College, they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the critical courses which come under KVGMC Trichy. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||For UG Courses: NEET UG |
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling 2021||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Tamil Nadu NEET PG Counselling
|Tamil Nadu NEET Cutoff 2021||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Seat Matrix 2021||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu Medical Colleges Fees||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
Here we describe the Fee structure of Trichy Medical College for UG and PG courses.
Fee structure of KVGMC Trichy for UG Course.
|Particulars||Fees per annum|
Fee structure of KVGMC Trichy for PG Course.
|Course||Fees per annum|
The fee structure may be subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counseling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
KAP Viswanatham Government Medical College General Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
KAP Viswanatham Government Medical College OBC Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
KAP Viswanatham Government Medical College SC Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
KAP Viswanatham Government Medical College ST Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
KAP Viswanatham Government Medical College Economically Weaker Section Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cut-off by rank|
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||302|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||283|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||265|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Tamil Nadu, to get themselves registered for NEET 2021 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Tamil Nadu NEET 2021, Let us first look at the Tamil Nadu NEET 2021 Counselling schedule.
Before we speak about the counselling procedure for Tamil Nadu NEET 2021, Let us first look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2021 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities, including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Tamil Nadu must register themselves for the NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by K A P Viswanathan Government Medical College Trichy, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||KVGMC Trichy|
KAP Viswanatham Government Medical College
Periyamilaguparai, Colletor’s Office
Road, Trichy Tamil Nadu
Phone: 0431 – 2401011
Official Website: http://www.kapvgmc.ac.in/kapvgmc/
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in KAP Viswanatham Government Medical College is 100.
Ans. The Course offered in this College is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Ans. colleges College does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your Course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. KAP Viswanatham Government Medical College is located in Periyamilaguparai, Colletor’s Office Road, Trichy Tamil Nadu
The fees of government medical colleges are the lowest as compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fees structure of KVGMC Trichy then the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine from KVGMC Trichy.