MBBS in Italy is one of the world’s most fashionable and beautiful places. Right? Studying MBBS Courses in Italy is just about turning those feelings into reality. Nothing could ever go wrong with a destination that provides a rewarding investment of time, finance, and career acquisition, including quality and affordable medical education.
If you are intrigued about MBBS in Italy 2023 Winter Session, then stay on the page and read the whole article. We will discuss every aspect of MBBS In Italy from 2023-24, which will help you score a seat in the country’s best medical university.
Italy is f natural beauty and cultural heritage nation, making it a perfect destination for Indian medical students to pursue their MBBS abroad. It is a country in south-central Europe, occupying a peninsula that extends deep into the Mediterranean Sea. And proving our words of authentic natural beauty comprises some of the most varied and scenic landscapes on Earth and is often described as a country shaped like a boot.
|Area||301,340 km2 (116,350 sq mi)|
|Climate||A Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and cool, wet winters characterizes Italy.|
|Time Zone||UTC +1|
|Religion||Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc.|
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Italy, let’s look at Quick facts about MBBS in Italy.
|Courses Offered||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Courses Duration||6 Years (English Medium)|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Medium of Teaching||English, Italian|
|Universities Recognition||NMC & WHO – accredited|
|Cost of Living in Italy||USD 200/Month|
|Minimum course fee||USD 3,500/Year|
|Score 650+ in NEET 2023||NEET Qualified (Only)|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||+91-9999709223 (India)|
Recognition of Italian Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are the most critical factors that decide good and the best medical college. Medical colleges in Italy are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Italy.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research).
Italy has always been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to Study MBBS in Italy, check the MBBS in Italy Eligibility Criteria below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 on or before 31st December of the admission year.|
No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Class 12th in Science, with PCM and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)|
|Low Budget Abroad MBBS College||Enquire Now|
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
If you want admission to Italy, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must keep in mind that you only have to qualify for the exam. Here are the useful resources for the NEET Exam that will help you boost your preparation for the NEET exam.
Why study MBBS in Italy? (Graphical Representation)
Before being admitted to the Medical College of Italy, please do not forget to carry all these related documents mentioned below.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Ten passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Italy.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Italian Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Italy
Before going to Italy for Medical, studies compare the MBBS in the Italy Syllabus of some of Italy’s top-ranked, NMC-approved medical universities.
|1st Year||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd Year||Histology, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology|
Top MBBS Colleges in Italy with Fees Structure
Below-mentioned is the updated list 2023-24 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Italy officially made by India’s Medical Council. To know detailed info about Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, and Facilities available and complete the college review, click the college link or Read more link will provide the list of best medical colleges.
|S.No.||Name of Colleges||Fees|
|1||Humanitas University Italy||INR 4 – 6 lakhs|
|2||Universita Di Firenze Italy||INR 4 – 6 lakhs|
|3||University of Udine Italy||INR 7- 8 lakhs|
|4||University of Turin Italy||INR 5 – 6 lakhs|
|5||University of Pisa Italy||INR 4 – 5 lakhs|
Top MBBS Colleges in Italy with Fees Structure (Graphical Representation)
Scholarship For MBBS In Italy
The international issues and global engagement service, run by the Italian public authority in collaboration with the public authorities of other nations, including India, offers Italian government scholarships. Students from India can also enrol for the MBBS programme in Italy at Italian educational institutions to benefit from the scholarship’s benefits.
The Italian government offers high-scoring students a full subsidy for their tuition costs. In addition to living expenses, which may cost up to 550+ Euros per month, the average cost of attending school in Italy is about 1200+ Euros per year.
Students from India may also apply for the award. The admissions process at Saint Petersburg Pediatric Medical University is quite simple. Candidates applying to the MBBS programme should keep the supporting centres in mind.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Italy
According to OECD, Italy has the most educated population globally, outperforming Canada, Japan, Israel and the USA. More than half of Italy has a higher education qualification. More than 200,000 people from 168 countries come to study at Italian universities. It is all it takes to study MBBS abroad. There are a lot of advantages to learning in Italy, here are just a few:
Advantages of Studying in Italy
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical universities in Italy (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to those institutions recognized by the medical council of India for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Italy don’t ask for any donation at the time of admission.
- The tuition fee is relatively low and affordable.
Disadvantages of Studying in Italy
- As Italian is the local language in Italy, therefore, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Italian Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which country is best for MBBS in Europe?
Is MBBS abroad a good option?
Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to practice in India or any foreign country.
What is MBBS abroad?
MBBS abroad is a chance to study and complete your MBBS degree from a foreign university in a foreign country.
Which country is best for MBBS in Europe?
Romania, Italy, Germany, Belarus and Georgia are some of Europe’s most popular destinations for MBBS.
Cost of MBBS in Italy for Indian Students?
The cost of tuition for an MBBS programme in Italy varies each year (3,00,000- 8,50,000).
How to Study MBBS in Italy?
You must receive a minimum of 50% in physics, chemistry, and biology and a NEET score of 50% to be accepted into MBBS programmes in Italy. MBBS courses in Italy are taught in English.
Is an MBBS degree from Italy valid in India?
The Ministry of Education approves the medical universities in Italy in Italy, NMC in India, WHO, the World Federation for Medical Education, FAIMER, and ECFMG.
What are the disadvantages of studying MBBS in Italy?
1. As Italian is the local language in Italy, therefore, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
2. One might have to put extra effort into learning the Italian Language after the class hour.
3. The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
4. Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
Is MBBS free in Italy?
Your tuition fee for MBBS in Italy can be zero if you manage to fetch a scholarship that covers your 100% tuition fee charges.