MBBS in Latvia: Latvia is a country on the Baltic Sea between Lithuania and Estonia. Wide beaches and dense, sprawling forests mark its landscape. Latvia’s capital is Riga. Latvia is the best study destination for students who want to opt for European Education at affordable tuition fees. Latvia is one of the cheapest and best European countries for MBBS/MD Courses. Riga Stradins University is one of the oldest faculties of medicine, with various research laboratories and modern hospitals for MBBS studies in Latvia.
MBBS in Latvia provides an affordable fee structure and research facilities for medical an excellent medical curriculum and a high standard of teaching faculty using modern technology.
Latvia is a country on the Baltic Sea between Lithuania and Estonia. Wide beaches and dense, sprawling forests mark its landscape. Latvia’s capital is Riga, home to notable wooden and art nouveau architecture, a vast Central Market and a medieval Old Town with St. Peter’s Church. Riga’s museums include the Latvian Ethnographic Open-Air Museum, showcasing local crafts, food and music.
|Literacy Rate||99.9 %|
|Time Zone||(GMT+2) Eastern European Standard Time|
|Religion||Lutheran 36.2%, Roman Catholic 19.5%, Orthodox 19.1%, other Christian 1.6%, other 0.1%, unspecified/none 23.5%|
Before reading the complete information about MBBS in Latvia, let’s look at Quick facts about Study MBBS in Latvia.
|Course Offered||Doctor of Medicine Degree (equivalent to MBBS, India)|
|Course Duration||5 – 6 Years (Depends on University)|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 (Science) with 50% – 70% in PCB (Depending on University)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Universities Recognition||NMC, WHO, FAIMER, UNESCO, Ministry of Education India|
|Entrance Exam||NEET (Qualified only)|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
|Talk to our Abroad Counsellor||Call Now: +91-9999709233|
Recognition of Latvia Medical College
The most critical factors that decide a good and best medical college are checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters. Latvia MBBS Colleges are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Latvia.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research).
Latvia has become one of the top preferred destinations for Indian and international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you, too, want to study MBBS in Latvia, check the eligibility below.
|Age||The candidate must be 17+ and under 25 years of age on/before 31st December of your admission year.|
|Qualification||Candidates must be completed 10+2 with at least 50% marks in PCB from a recognized institute or board.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in PCB|
(Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)
|Medium of Teaching||English & Police|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
|Low Budget Abroad MBBS College||[popup_|
Graphical Representation of Eligibility Criteria
Entry Requirements for Indian Students: If you want Admission to Latvia, you must qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). One must remember that you only have to be eligible for the exam. Here are the valuable resources for NEET Exam that will help you boost preparing for the NEET exam.
Before admission to Top MBBS Colleges in Latvia, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Ten passport-size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from Latvia.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Latvia Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of 1st Year Tuition fees (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
Top MBBS Colleges in Latvia with Fees Structure
Below-mentioned is the updated list 2023-24 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Latvia officially made by the NMC. To know detailed info about Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, and Facilities available and complete the college review, click the college link or Read more. It will provide a list of the best medical colleges.
|S.No.||Name of Colleges||Fees (INR)|
|1.||Riga Stradins University Latvia||INR 6.78 lakhs (Approx)|
|2.||University of Latvia||INR 6.17 lakhs (Approx)|
Top MBBS Colleges in Latvia with Fees Structure (Graphical Representation)
Advantages and Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Latvia
Do you know Education in Latvia is overseen by the Ministry of Education? There are a lot of advantages to studying in Latvia, here are just a few:
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Latvia
- The MBBS degree is recognized by the WHO and UNESCO and accepted worldwide.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to the institutions this NMC recognizes for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Students studying in Latvia can complete their internship program at world-class medical college and hospitals worldwide.
- The tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Latvia provide great academics as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree students get from Latvia medical colleges is globally renowned and holds great worth.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Latvia
- As Latvian is the local language in Latvia, students might feel the language is a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra effort into learning the Latvian Language after the class hour.
- The climate of the country is a little different. Therefore, it might be hard for students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties because it requires self-study and concentration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is MBBS abroad a good option?
A. Yes, MBBS abroad is a good option for Indian students. It provides a chance to learn from some of the best professors globally and exposure to different people. Also, MBBS abroad gives you the flexibility to practice in India or any foreign country.
Q. What is MBBS abroad?
Q. Can poor Indian students study abroad?
A. Of course, there is no rich and poor when it comes to education; it is all about knowledge. There are several scholarships open to students, and the government of India also provides a scholarship option for academically brilliant students
Q. Is NEET mandatory for MBBS in Latvia?
A. Yes, NEET is mandatory for MBBS in Latvia.
Q. Do MBBS universities in Latvia help prepare PLAB and USMLE?
A. Yes, MBBS universities in Latvia help prepare PLAB and USMLE.
Q. Is an Internship mandatory in MBBS in Latvia?
A. Yes, a 1-year internship is mandatory.
Q. Is Latvia safe?
A. Latvia is one of the safest countries in the Balkans. The level of crime is quite low, and international students can safely roam the stress at night.
Click here for more Education News