Who does not want to study in the country whose universities are recognised by elite organisations like WHO, UNESCO and MCI? MBBS in Romania is among the best destination to study medicine because not only the universities here are accredited by known associations but Romania is one of the most beautiful and peaceful places for studying.
Ahead in the field of education and learning, pursuing MBBS in Romania is kind of becoming a trend among Indian medical aspirants. So, if you too want to complete your dream of being a doctor from Romania or feels kind of sceptical and want to gain full knowledge upon the topic, then today is your lucky day as we are going to cover every aspect related to MBBS in Romania 2020.
Romania is a southeastern European country known because of the forested region of Transylvania, ringed by the Carpathian Mountains. It borders the Black Sea to the southeast, Bulgaria to the south, Ukraine to the north, Hungary to the west, Serbia to the southwest, and Moldova to the east. Romania is the 12th largest country and also the 7th most populous member state of the European Union, having almost 20 million inhabitants.
|Area||230,170 km2(88,869 sq mi)|
|Climate||Temperate Continental Climate|
|Currency||Romanian Leu (RON)|
|Religion||86.5% Romanian Orthodox, 4.6% Roman Catholics, 1.9% Pentecostal, 0.9% Greek Catholics|
MBBS in Romania Fact Check
Romania higher medical education has gained a remarkable reputation in the world stage because of high educational standards with advanced and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, why Romania is also preferred is because of their easy admission procedure and fast processing of paper works.
Let’s check some of the safety measures before you visit the country of Romania.
Things to Follow
- In modern times no place can be considered as too safe. Your safety is always in your hands. Do not wonder to the notorious neighbourhood, be aware of your surroundings, do not trust strangers, always keep your phone with you and the contact of authorities on speed dial.
- Always carry a copy of your enrolment credentials, student visa, passport and registration papers with you while leaving out of the campus.
MBBS in Romania Eligibility Condition
Romania is becoming one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study MBBS in Romania, check the eligibility criteria given below.
|Age||Your age should be at least 17 years old on or before 31st December of the admission year.
No Upper Age Limit.
|Qualification||Admission Seekers should complete their Higher Secondary Education with a minimum 50% mark covering Physics, Chemistry and Biology stream.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR)
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
Admission Procedure MBBS in Romania
The Admission procedure for studying MBBS in Romania is very simple, basic and direct. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- Once you will get an offer letter, save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college in Romania, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Romania.
- Now you are all set to book a flight to Romania. All the Best..!!
Before taking admission in Medical college in Romania, please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- Class 10th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Class 12th Passing Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Romania.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Romania Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- Medical test documents.
MBBS Syllabus in Romania
Before going to Romania for Medical Studies please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Romania. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Romania are as follow:
|1st year of Medicine||2nd Year Of Medicine|
|Gross Anatomy||Genetical Anatomy|
|Cellular And Molecular Biology||Parasitology|
|Romanian language||Foreign Language|
|Summer practical 30 hrs/week 2 weeks||Romanian Language|
|–||Summer Practical 30 Hrs/Week 2 Weeks|
|3RD Year Of Medicine||4TH Year Of Medicine|
|Pharmacology||Traumatology And Orthopedics|
|Surgical Semiology||Medical Emergencies|
|Summer Practical 30 Hrs/Week 2 Weeks||Traditional medicine|
|–||Summer Practical 30 Hrs/Week 2 Weeks|
|5TH Year Of Medicine||6TH Year Of Medicine|
|Infantile surgery and orthopaedics||Infectious Diseases|
|E.N.T||Clinical And Therapeutical Synthesis,
Medical And Surgical Emergencies
|Clinical Genetics||Balneophysiotherapy and rheumatology|
|Oncology||Family Planning And Sex Education|
|Summer Practical 30 Hrs/Week 2 Weeks||History Of Medicine|
|–||Summer practical 30 hrs/week 2 weeks|
|Modern Methods For Morphophysiological Exploration||Infantile Neuropsychiatry|
|Tropical Diseases And Hygiene||Medical imagistic|
|Ethics, Deontology And Legal Medicine||Oncological Hematology|
Recognition of Romania Medical College
Checking the affiliation, recognition and other affiliating parameters are among the most important factors because it decides the good and the best medical college. Medical colleges in Romania are affiliated with these authorities.
- Ministry of Education, Romania.
- MCI (Medical Council of India)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
Top MBBS Colleges in Romania
Here is the updated list 2019-20 of all Medical or MBBS Colleges in Romania officially made by the Medical Council of India. To know the detailed info about Fees Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review, click the college link or Read more link, it will provide the list of best medical colleges.
1. GR T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy Lasi
2. “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara
3.“Ovidius” University of Constanta
4. Iuliu Hațieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy
5. Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
MBBS in Romania Fees Structure 2020-21
Indian students can gain several advantages from studying medical programs in Romania. As the class size is small you can easily clear your doubts and increase your knowledge of the subject. The classrooms are practically oriented which increases the interests of the students in the subject. Courses offered here range from general medicine to specialized medical courses and other medical-related fields like Pharmacy, Nursing etc.
The MBBS fees structure of any of the medical institute in Romania is less than various Indian Medical Colleges. Let’s have a look at MBBS fee structure of some of the best Medical Universities of Romania.
|Name of the University||Tuition Fees / Year||Hostel Fees / Year|
|GR T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy Lasi||5,000€||3,000€|
|“Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara||7,000€||3,000€|
|“Ovidius” University of Constanta||5,400€||3,000€|
|Iuliu Hațieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy||6,000 €||3,000€|
|Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy||6,000 €||500 €/ Month|
|University of Oradea||5,000€||3,000€|
Disclaimer: The above-mentioned fees structure is approximate in nature and may be scheduled to change.
Pros & Cons
Do you know Romania ranks on the 5th position in the all-time medal count at the International Mathematical Olympiad with 316 total medals, dating back to 1959? Romania has achieved the highest team score in the competition, after China and Russia, and right after the United States and Hungary.
There are a lot of advantages to studying in Romania, here are just a few:
Advantages of studying in Romania
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical Universities of Romania (Only NEET Qualification is enough).
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practise due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Romania don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Medical colleges in Romania are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students is quite low too.
- Romania MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Romania provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Romania MBBS Colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Romania offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in Romania
- One might have to put extra efforts at learning the Romanian Language after the class hour.
- The entire Visa process for Romania can be very tough as it can take more than two months after document submission to the concern embassy.
- The climate of the country is cold most of the time. Therefore, it might be hard for some students to adapt.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
List of Top Colleges in India
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1: What is the duration of the MBBS in Romania?
Ans. The duration of the MBBS in Romania is 6 years’ course which includes a one-year internship.
Ans. The medium, of course, is English, Romania and French.
Ans. No, it is not mandatory, you can opt to pass a language test at university after your arrival in Romania.
Ans. Yes, on your request.
Ans: Yes, you can travel to other countries during summer and winter vacations (visa is given easily as soon as you are a student in the European Union). Note that it is expected that Romania is going to inter in Schengen community by the end of 2011.
Ans. Of course, it is a smart idea to pursue medical studies from Romania. All you have to do is take care of these critical things:
Do plan for MCI screening test from the first year of your medical studies.
Do not get spoiled by the lifestyle and night culture of the country. As it will take a lot of efforts to clear the MCI Screening Test, once you come back to India.
Ans. The academic year in all Romania medical university starts from August to September.
Ans. YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in MBBS colleges of Romania.
Ans.YES. You can apply to various loan providing platform for education loan.
Ans. MCI doesn’t have any restrictions on the number of times a student can take the test.
Ans. Yes, once you clear the MCI screening test directed by the Medical Council of India.
Ans. Yes. The Romania medical colleges are authorized by WHO and MCI.
👉🏻Never let yourself down😊😊
👉🏻Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
For further information on Admission in Romania, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍
Application Form 2020
- UPES University, Dehradun: Application Form 2020 Released Apply Now >
- Sharda University, Noida: Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- GNIOT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Want to Study Abroad? Let's Talk... Apply Now >
- PIIT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Apply for Getting Admission in Polytechnic Colleges in India Apply Now >
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers