The National Board of Examinations (NBE) has released the eligibility criteria for NEET MDS 2024 along with the brochure. We know that the NEET MDS 2024 exam is the only gateway for admissions into dental PG courses offered by various government and private dental colleges in India. So, the candidate must know about the NEET MDS 2024 Eligibility Criteria before filling out the application form.
For more details on the NEET MDS 2024 like NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria, Application Process, Fees, How to Apply, Exam Pattern, Participating Institutes and Exam Centres. Students who want to apply for the entrance are hereby notified to read the complete article carefully.
|NBE (National Board of Examinations)
|National Level Exam
|Once a Year
|Hindi and English
|Admission to postgraduate dental courses
|No. of Test Cities
|56 cities in India
|Exam Helpdesk No.
NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria 2024
Aspirants are advised to read the full detailed information on NEET MDS Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility criteria of NEET MDS for Admission to MDS courses as per MDS Course Regulations 2017 notified by the Dental Council of India (DCI) with prior approval of MoHFW is as follows.
- Get Latest NEET MDS & State Wise NEET MDS Counselling News via Edufever News
|Candidate must be 20 years old or more in age.
|Candidates must hold DCI approved Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from a university.
|The candidate must be registered with the Dental Council of India (DCI) or State Dental Council (SDC) (permanent/ provisional).
|The candidate must have completed 12 months of mandatory rotatory internship.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ALL INDIA 50% QUOTA SEATS
- Candidates who have studied/passed BDS from Jammu & Kashmir’s erstwhile state are not eligible for 50% All India Quota seats.
- However, the candidates nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission.
- Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir to the following address along with the printout of the acknowledgement of submission of online application for NEET-MDS 2024.
- Candidates who have done their BDS from Jammu & Kashmir but fail to submit the affidavit indicated above will not be considered for participation in All India 50% quota counselling.
- However, the restriction on candidates from Jammu & Kashmir’s states shall not apply to the categories of Armed Forces for ‘Grant of Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps’ and for MDS admissions in Armed Forces Institutes.
For Foreign Nationals Candidates
As per MDS course Regulations 2017
- Foreign nationals don’t need to have temporary registration with DCI at the time of writing NEET MDS.
- Foreign Nationals can write NEET MDS without DCI registration. Provided that in the case of a foreign national, the following procedure shall be followed:
- On payment of the prescribed fee for registration, the Council may grant temporary registration for the duration of the postgraduate training restricted to the dental college/institution to which he or she is admitted for the time being exclusively for postgraduate studies.
- Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered as a medical practitioner in his/her own country from which he/she has obtained his/her basics dental qualification and that his/her degree is recognized by the corresponding state dental council or concerned authority.
- The dates indicated by candidates concerning 12 months Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship, i.e. starting date, and completion date, shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of No condonation of internship of 12 months period shall be accepted except
(i) the students of the batch admitted during the academic session 2007-08 and have completed 4 ½ years BDS course along with 06 months compulsory rotating internship and
(ii) the students admitted during the academic session 2006-07 at Rajah Muthiah Dental College, Annamalai University, have completed a 05 years BDS course without an internship.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-MDS 2024 will not be permitted to appear in the examination and/or counselling.
- In the unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the NEET-MDS 2024, the results/ candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be
- Requests for appearing in NEET-MDS 2024 from candidates completing an internship. Or having qualifications that are not recognized as per the Dentists Act shall be summarily rejected.
- Some universities/institutions have regulations that candidates who are already pursuing the PG Course in their University or another University are not eligible for admission until they complete the course.
- The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through the All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under the All India Quota may confirm the university’s eligibility conditions in this regard.
- NBE/ MCC/MoHFW shall not be responsible if such candidates are denied admission. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their own risk and
- A candidate can register and appear for NEET MDS 2024 only once for admission to the academic year 2024-2025. Candidates submitting multiple application forms will not be allowed to appear in NEET MDS.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who conducts the exam for NEET MDS 2024?
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducts the entrance exam for NEET MDS.
Are Foreign Students eligible to apply for the NEET 2024 MDS exam?
Yes, Indian citizens, Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are eligible to apply for the NEET MDS 2024 entrance examination.
Which ID proof will be considered valid to fill out the application form for NEET MDS 2024?
Aspirants may use any one of the following Identity proof with the application form of NEET MDS: an Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport or Voter’s ID.
Is there a limit to appearing for NEET MDS 2024?
No, there is no limit to the number of times an aspirant can appear for NEET MDS.