National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Master of Dental Surgery (NEET MDS 2020) exam Notification has been released. This Admission Seeker may submit NEET MDS 2020 Form only online mode. As we know that NEET MDS 2020 exam is the only gateway for admissions into dental PG courses offered by various government and private dental colleges in India. So, candidate must know about the NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form.
For more details on the NEET MDS 2020 like NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria, Application Process, Fees, How to Apply, Exam Pattern, Participating Institutes and Exam Centres. Students want to apply for the entrance are hereby notified to read the complete article carefully.
|Notification 2020||Eligibility Criteria||Exam Pattern|
|Syllabus||Books||Previous Year Paper|
|Sample Paper||Admit Card||Test Series|
|Exam Name||NEET MDS|
|Conducting Body||NBE (National Board of Examinations)|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Once a Year|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Language||Hindi and English|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to postgraduate dental courses|
|No. of Test Cities||51 cities in India|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||1800-11-1700|
|Information Brochure||October 11, 2019|
|Online application available||October 11, 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||October 31, 2019|
|NEET MDS correction window||November 4, 2019|
|Release of NEET MDS admit card||December 13, 2019|
|NEET MDS 2020 exam||December 20, 2019|
|Announcement of result||January 15, 2020|
|NEET MDS Merit list||First week of March 2020 (Expected)|
|Merit list for 50% AIQ seats||First week of March 2020 (Expected)|
|NEET MDS counselling round 1||March 16, 2020 (Expected)|
|Counselling round II||April 2, 2020 (Expected)|
|Mop-up round of counselling||April 22, 2020 (Expected)|
Aspirants are advised to read the full detail information on NEET MDS Eligibility criteria to check whether they are eligible or Not. Once going through all the necessary requirements, a candidate can apply for the Entrance. The eligibility criteria of NEET MDS for Admission to MDS courses as per MDS Course Regulations 2017 notified by Dental Council of India (DCI) with prior approval of MoHFW is as follows :
- Candidate must be 20 years old or more in age.
- Candidates must hold DCI approved Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from a university.
- The candidate must be registered with the Dental Council of India (DCI) or State Dental Council (SDC) (permanent/ provisional).
- The candidate must have completed 12 months of mandatory rotatory internship on or before March 31, 2020.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ALL INDIA 50% QUOTA SEATS
- Candidates who have studied/passed BDS from the erstwhile state of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 50% All India Quota seats.
- However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission.
- Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do BDS from Dental Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir to the following address along with the print out of the acknowledgement of submission of online application for NEET-MDS 2020 latest by 30th November 2019.
- Candidates who have done their BDS from Jammu & Kashmir but fail to submit the affidavit as indicated above will not be considered for participation in All India 50% quota counseling.
- However, the restriction on candidates from the states of Jammu & Kashmir shall not apply to the categories pertaining to Armed Forces for ‘Grant of Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps’ and for MDS admissions in Armed Forces Institutes.
For Foreigen Nationals Candidates
As per MDS course Regulations 2017
- It is not mandatory for foreign nationals to have temporary registration with DCI at the time of writing NEET MDS.
- Foreign Nationals can write NEET MDS without DCI registration. Provided that in the case of a foreign national, the following procedure shall be followed:
- The Council may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the post- graduate training restricted to the dental college/institution to which he or she is admitted for the time being exclusively for post-graduate studies.
- Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered as medical practitioner in his/her own country from which he/she has obtained his/her basics dental qualification and that his/her degree is recognized by the corresponding state dental council or concerned authority.
- The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship i.e. starting date, completion date, shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of No condonation of internship of 12 months period shall be accepted except
(i) the students of the batch admitted during academic session 2007-08 and have completed 4 ½ year BDS course alongwith 06 months compulsory rotating internship and
(ii) the students admitted during the academic session 2006-07 at Rajah Muthiah Dental College, Annamalai University those have completed 05 years BDS course without internship.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-MDS 2020 will not be permitted to appear in the examination and/or counseling.
- In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the NEET-MDS 2020, the results/ candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be
- Requests for appearing in NEET-MDS 2020 from candidates completing internship after 31st March 2020 or having qualifications that are not recognized as per Dentists Act shall be summarily rejected.
- Some of the Universities/institutions are having regulations that candidates who are already pursuing the PG Course in their University or in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the course.
- The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University in this regard.
- NBE/ MCC/MoHFW shall not be responsible if such candidates are denied admission. Such candidates may opt for the subject and the college at their own risk and
- A candidate can register and appear for NEET MDS 2020 only once for admission to the academic year 2020-2021. Candidates submitting multiple application form will not be allowed to appear in NEET MDS.
NEET MDS will be conducted in 57 different cities located across India.
Yes, if there are seats left vacant even after the mop-up round of counselling. The exam conducting authority in consultation with the government of India will lower the NEET MDS cutoff.
NEET MDS exam is a computer-based Exam containing a total of 240 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The entrance test will be conducted for 6,228 seats offered in various dental colleges in the country.
To pursue the Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) courses in India, one must qualify the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for MDS (NEET MDS) exam. From all the government dental colleges, 50% seats will be reserved for AIQ candidates, while the remaining 85% seats will be available for state quota seats.
Yes, There is 1 mark deduction for every wrong attempt question answered in NEET MDS 2020.
According to officials, General/OBC candidates were able to attempt only 3 times for NEET examination up to the age of 25 years while SC/ST could attempt same (3 times) up to the age of 30 years.
Application Form 2020
- UPES University, Dehradun: Application Form 2020 Released Apply Now >
- Sharda University, Noida: Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- GNIOT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Want to Study Abroad? Let's Talk... Apply Now >
- PIIT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Apply for Getting Admission in Polytechnic Colleges in India Apply Now >
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers