Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Science, Bhilai, is one of the best Private Medical Colleges in Chhattisgarh. It was established in 2016 and managed by the Department of Medical Education, Government of Chhattisgarh. The Institute is also known as SSIMS Bhilai and has provided a Hospital facility to the people, which have 300 bed and was managed by Shri Gangajali Education Society, Bhilai. This College is affiliated with Chhattisgarh Ayush and Health Sciences University, Raipur and is approved by National Medical Commission.
This article will share all the essential details about the Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Sciences Bhilai, like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria Fee Structure, Counselling, Review, Ranking, etc.
|[ Page Index ]|
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fees Structure
6. Counselling Process
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequent Ask Question
Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Science Bhilai
Shri Shankaracharya Institute Of Medical Sciences is managed by the Shri Gangajali Education Society, which has outstanding technocrats & educationists as its member.
|Name of Institute||Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Science Bhilai|
|Popular Name||SSIMS Bhilai|
|Location||Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India|
|Year of Establishment||2016|
|Affiliated to||Chhattisgarh Ayush and Health Sciences University, Raipur|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Raipur|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Chhattisgarh|
|Chhattisgarh NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Chhattisgarh Ayush and Health Sciences University, Raipur.
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Auditorium||Hostel (Boys & Girls)|
SSIMS Bhilai College offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||4.6+1 Year Internship|
|MD – Physiology||3 Years|
|MD- Anatomy||3 Years|
|MD – Microbiology||3 Years|
|MD – Community Medicine||3 Years|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 Years|
|MD- Pathology||3 Years|
|MD- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology||3 Years|
|MD- Pharmacology||3 Years|
PG Intake Capacity
|MD – Physiology||2|
|MD – Microbiology||3|
|MD – Community Medicine||4|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||4|
|MD- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology||2|
Paramedical Certificate Courses
SSIMS Bhilai provides quality education and offers the following Paramedical Certificate courses.
|X-ray Technician||10||1 Year|
|OT Technician||10||1 Year|
|Ortho Dresser||10||1 Year|
|ECG/ICCU Technician||5||1 Year|
Here in this selection, we will let you about the Shri Shankaracharya Institute Of Medical Sciences. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the Shri Shankaracharya Institute Of Medical Sciences, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at SSIMS Bhilai is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these valuable resources about Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Science Bhilai (SSIMS Bhilai) will help you do proper research about the college.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET-PG Eligibility Criteria
|Chhattisgarh NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Chhattisgarh NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Chhattisgarh NEET PG Counselling
|Chhattisgarh NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Chhattisgarh NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Chhattisgarh NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Chhattisgarh Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in Chhattisgarh||Click Here|
The fee structure of Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Sciences Bhilai for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
MBBS Course Fee
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 6,45,156/- Annual|
|Caution Money||Rs. 20,000/- One Tim|
|Clinical & Transportation Fees||Rs. 60,000/- Annual|
|Student Welfare Fee (Sports & Gymnasium)||Rs. 15,000/- Annual|
|Uniform, ID Card, Library Card Fee||Rs. 6,000/- One Time|
|Admission form Fee||Rs. 7,000/- One Time|
|Hostel & Mess Fee||Rs. 2,00,000/- Annual|
|miscellaneous (Cultural/Annual Day/ Examination Expenditure etc.)||Rs. 20,000/- Annual|
Hostel Fees & Details
The hostel is situated inside the college grounds and is completely outfitted with all the cutting edge offices.
|Fees Per yr.||Internet||Ac||Laundry||Power|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Cutoff (Expected)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Expected Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. et’s check the Expected Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 Expected Cut off Score||NEET 2022 Expected Cut off Percentile|
|General – PH||137-122||45th|
|OBC/ SC/ ST||137-108||40th|
|OBC/ SC/ ST- PH||121-108||40th|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma course as mentioned in the Information Bulletin for NEET-PG 2022, the cut-off scores for various categories are as follows:-
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / EWS||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
Chhattisgarh NEET Counselling Process
1. Registration Process: Candidates will have to register on the official website; then, you must create the User ID and Password for subsequent logins and pay the counselling fee. For more information on Chhattisgarh NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
2. Document Verification: After successful registration, applicants will have to proceed with the document verification. It will be essential to carry the original documents and one set of photocopies for the proof.
3. Choice Filling & Locking: Candidates are required to fill in the preferences/choices for colleges to they want to get admission. Applicants are advised not to forget to lock the filled options and print out them for future purposes.
4. Seat Allotment & Reporting: The counselling conducted authority will display the seat allotment result on the website after some days of choice filling. Applicants must report to the allotted college for admission along with the provisional admission letter.
5. Document verification: Applicants who have been allocated a seat willing to continue with it will be required to report to the respective institute for document verification. You need to carry original certificates, with two attested copies, to the allocated institute for verification. You will also need to deposit the tuition fee for the current year to confirm admission.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by SSIMS Bhilai, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this college will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Sciences Bhilai|
Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Sciences Bhilai
Address: Junwani, Bhilai, Distt. Durg Chattisgarh Pin Code: 490 020
Chhattisgarh NEET 2022 Admission Support
|Chhattisgarh NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The total intake of medical science aspirants in SSIMS, Bhilai is 150.
The course offered in this college is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), MS (Ophthalmology), and MD (Forensic Medicine).
Ans. Yes, this college does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend during this period.
SSMS, Bhilai, is located at Junwani, Bhilai, Distt. Durg Chattisgarh Pin Code: 490 020.
All the medical; colleges in the state of India are affiliated and approved by the National Medical Council of India (previously known as the Medical Council of India)
Yes. Of course. You have to clear the NEXT exam after your course completion to practice medicines in India. Studying MBBS from the Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Sciences Bhilai will make you a Doctor and provide you with a degree of MBBS after completing the system.
Conclusion Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 430 will help you get to Private Medical College in the state.
Someal colleges in India. If we compare the price structure of the Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Sciences Bhilai, the average prices include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine at Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Sciences Bhilai.
Most of the medical colleges in India issue a complimentary bond for their medical students. It ensures a guarantee from the medical aspirants that they won’t leave medical college until completing the course. This college also offers Bond for their students.