“Sikkim” is one of India’s most beautiful and literate states. Many state-run colleges in Sikkim offer a degree in various professional courses, but sadly, the state does not have any government medical colleges. There is only one medical college in Sikkim (According to the NMC report), and that is also private. Hopefully, shortly, there will be several medical colleges in Sikkim. Meanwhile, check out our post on the List of Medical Colleges in Sikkim.
1. Sikkim NEET Summary
2. Top Government Medical Colleges in Sikkim
3. Top Private Medical Colleges in Sikkim
4. Sikkim NEET Counselling Procedure
5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Sikkim NEET Summary
Every year, lakhs of aspirants apply for NEET and other medical entrance examinations to get selected in some of the best medical colleges in Sikkim. If you, too, want to pursue MBBS, then this article is for you only.
|For UG Courses: NEET UG
For PG Courses: NEET PG
|Directorate Of Technical Education Sikkim
|For MBBS Counselling Assistant
|For UG Courses: Sikkim NEET Counselling
For PG Courses: Sikkim NEET PG Counselling
|Sikkim Medical Colleges Fee Structure
|Sikkim Medical Colleges Seat Matrix
|Sikkim NEET Merit List
|Sikkim NEET Seat Allotment
|Sikkim Medical Colleges Cutoff
Best Medical Colleges in Sikkim
Here is the updated list of all the colleges that provides MBBS Course officially made by the NMC. For detailed information about Fees Structure, Courses offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off list, Facilities available and complete college review, click on the college link.
Before we discuss the Medical Colleges in Sikkim, let us look at the Course overview to get admission.
|Four years+1 Year Internship
|Specialization after MBBS
|10+2 with P.C.B. as the main subjects
|MBBS from a recognized University
Government Medical Colleges in Sikkim
Sorry, the state does not have any Government Medical colleges. The government work hard on it. Hopefully, shortly, there will be several medical colleges in Sikkim. Aspirants from Sikkim state may be admitted to any other state medical college.
Private Medical Colleges in Sikkim
In this section, we provide details about top private medical colleges in Sikkim. You can check the complete list mentioned below, and if you want to complete details about colleges, click the link.
|Name of Colleges
|Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences, Gangtok
|Sikkim Manipal Univ. of Health, Medical & Tech. Science
Sikkim NEET Counselling Procedure
Candidates can visit the Directorate Of Technical Education Sikkim’s official portal to register for NEET Sikkim State Counselling.
- Candidate Registration: Register on the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round must either reject the assigned seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to Round 1.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to Round 1.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme Court of India.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How many government and private colleges are approved by National Medical Commission (NMC) in Sikkim?
What is the total no. of seats offered for Private Colleges in Sikkim?
There is a total of 50 seats in between all the Private Colleges of Sikkim.
What is the total no. of seats offered for Government Colleges in Sikkim?
There are not any Government Colleges in Sikkim.
What is the average fee structure for Medical Colleges in Sikkim?
For information regarding the Fee Structure of Sikkim Medical Colleges, Click Here.
Why is private MBBS expensive?
The main reason is the donation or the capitation fees to get admission to Indian private medical colleges. On average, the fees for MBBS in Indian private medical colleges are around Rs. 9 Lacs per year on average as against around Rs. 3.0 Lacs in Russia and China.
How much money is required for private MBBS in India?
The MBBS course fee may vary from government, private and deemed universities. The average MBBS fee for government medical colleges in India ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 7.5 lakh, whereas the MBBS fee for private colleges can range from INR 20 lakh to more than INR 1 Cr.