North Bengal Medical College is one of the oldest medical colleges in West Bengal, situated in the foothills of the mighty Himalayas, nearby Medical College to Sandakphu. NBMC is spread over a sprawling campus of 161 acres. This medical Institution is also known as NBMC Darjeeling. The college was founded in 1968 to provide high-quality education and an Excellent atmosphere.
This article will provide you with detailed information about NBMC Kolkata Fees Structure and Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off, Facilities available, and complete college review.
|[[ Page Index ]]|
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Procedure
4. Fee Structure
6. Counselling Procedure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
North Bengal Medical College Siliguri
North Bengal Medical College Siliguri is one of the most premium colleges providing UG and PG courses.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of the North Bengal Medical College Darjeeling.
|Name of Institute||North Bengal Medical College Darjeeling|
|Popular Name||NBMC Darjeeling|
|Location||Thiknikata, Siliguri West Bengal|
|Year of Establishment||1968|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||West Bengal Main Computerised Counselling (WBMCC)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MD, MS|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male and Female)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Before discussing, let us look at the courses overview offered at the North Bengal Medical College Darjeeling.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
|PG Courses||3 Years|
|MD – Pathology||7|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3|
|MS – Orthopaedics||2|
|MD – Forensic Medicine||2|
|MD – Physiology||4|
|MD – Psychiatry||2|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||4|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||11|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||4|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||6|
|MS – ENT||2|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||2|
|MS – General Surgery||6|
|MD – General Medicine||4|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||9|
|MD – Paediatrics||4|
Here in this selection, we will let you about North Bengal Medical College Darjeeling MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of North Bengal Medical College Darjeeling, they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at North Bengal Medical College is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these valuable resources about North Bengal Medical College will help you do proper research about the college.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria |
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: West Bengal NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: West Bengal NEET PG Counselling
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|West Bengal NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|West Bengal Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|MBBS Colleges in West Bengal||Click Here|
|West Bengal MBBS Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
The North Bengal Medical College Siliguri fees structure for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
UG Courses Fees
|Particular||State Quota Fees(Annual)|
- Amount to be paid during admission time 6550/-
- In case of Discontinuation Penalty Rs.1,00,000/- to be given.
|Course||1 Year||2 Year||3 Year|
NOTE:- Mentioned fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Expected)
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|General||50th percentile||To be announced|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th percentile||To be announced|
|General-PwD||45th percentile||To be announced|
|SC/ST/OBC-PwD||40th percentile||To be announced|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
North Bengal Medical College Darjeeling Cutoff 2020
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
North Bengal Medical College Darjeeling Cutoff 2019
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
NEET PG Cut off 2022 (Expected)
|Categories||Cut off percentile|
NEET PG Cutoff 2021( Announced)
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
West Bengal NEET Counselling 2022 Process
A candidate can visit the Government of West Bengal Department of Health & Family Welfare’s official portal to get themselves registered for NEET 2022 West Bengal State Counselling. For more information on West Bengal NEET Counselling statistics, look upto this PDF.
1. Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
2. Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the priorities in the online portal.
3. Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidates’ choices.
4. Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the assigned seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
5. New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
6. Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
7. Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
8. Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by NBMC Darjeeling, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2022
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||North Bengal Medical College Darjeeling|
North Bengal Medical College Darjeeling
Address: North Bengal Medical College, D-5 Quarter, Sushruta Nagar, Dist Darjeeling. -734012
Official Website: www.nbmch.org
West Bengal NEET 2022 Admission Support
|West Bengal NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in NBMC Darjeeling is 200.
Ans. Yes, NBMC Darjeeling does have hostel facilities provided.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.5 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to NBMC Darjeeling.
Ans. -734012. NBMC Darjeeling is located at North Bengal Medical College, D-5 Quarter, Sushruta Nagar, Dist Darjeeling.
Ans. NBMC Darjeeling is Government College.
A. Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis, anything around 630+ will help you get Government Medical College in the state.
A. The fees of NBMC Darjeeling is the lowest as compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fees structure of NBMC Darjeeling, then the average prices include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine from NBMC Darjeeling.
A. Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS from NBMC Darjeeling will make you a Doctor and will provide you with a degree of MBBS after completing the course. After your course completion, you have to clear the NEXT exam to practice medicines in India.