Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS Mohali ) is the fourth medical college of the Punjab State Government which is being established under the centrally sponsored Scheme of Establishment of new medical colleges by upgrading district/referral hospitals. The institute is awaiting a letter of permission from its regulatory body National Medical Commission (NMC) for the Academic session of 2021 -2022.
Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences SAS Nagar Mohali True to the motto of our institute Humanity, Service and Equality, it will be our constant endeavour to train competent, compassionate and caring physicians through excellence in teaching, patient care, and medical research with a core component of inclusivity.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences SAS Nagar Mohali
Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences SAS Nagar Mohali To receive our first batch of 100 MBBS students, we are ready with distinguished medical faculty in pre-clinical, medical, surgical and allied specialities. State-of-the-art machinery, equipment and essential infrastructure are being set up to provide high-quality medical education as well as patient care.
Before we go to complete the college review, let us have a look at the major details of AIMS Mohali.
|Name of Institute||Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Popular Name||Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, SAS Nagar, Mohali|
|Location||SAS Nagar Mohali|
|Year of Establishment||2021-22|
|Affiliated to||Baba Farid University of Health Science|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Male & Female)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges In Punjab|
|Punjab NEET 2021 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated by: Baba Farid University Of Health Science.
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Government
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Hostel(Male and Female)
- Technical Issues
These are Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences that are offered to the students who are interested in studying or already studying from AIMS Mohali:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
The college offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
Suppose you are interested in pursuing MBBS from Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences In that case, you must know about the number of seats for the particular course the college is offering. AIMS Mohali MBBS Seats is 100.
Here in this selection, we will let you about Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences SAS Nagar Mohali. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
For students interested in pursuing MBBS from Mohali Medical College are informed about the subjects for which doing an internship is necessary is mentioned below:-
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students as a faculty member of the Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences SAS Nagar Mohali is responsible for contributing and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the essential courses which come under Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences Mohali. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
|Punjab NEET 2021 Counselling||For UG Courses: Punjab NEET Counselling|
|Punjab NEET 2021 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Punjab NEET 2021 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Punjab Medical Colleges Fees||Click Here|
|Top MBBS Colleges in Punjab||Click Here|
Punjab NEET Counselling Round 1 Date 2021 (Out)
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, released the Punjab NEET Round 1 Counselling Schedule; the online choice filling for 1st round will start from 19 January 2022. Let’s have a look.
|Choice filling for 1st Round of Online Counselling||19.01.2022 to 24.01.2022 (upto 11:55 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||25.01.2022 to 29.01.2022|
|Reporting by candidates to the respective provisionally allotted colleges and deposition of six months tuition fee through University Payment Gateway available on the University website in Student Login||Upto 07.02.2022 (till 5:00 PM)|
Punjab NEET Counselling Flow Chart
Here we describe the Fee structure of Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences SAS Nagar Mohali for Undergraduction.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
Punjab NEET Counselling
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Punjab must register themselves for the NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2021
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
Ranking and Reputation
This section shows Dr B R Ambedkar Medical College Mohali Ranking & its reputation all across the state of Delhi & in India:-
|Name of Institute||AIMS Mohali|
Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences SAS Nagar Mohali
Address: Dr. B.R. Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, Sector-56, Civil Hospital Campus, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Mohali, Punjab – 160055″ Mohali
Punjab NEET 2021 Admission Support
|Punjab NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2021 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in AIMS Mohali is 100.
Ans. The course offered in this college is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
Ans. Yes, this college does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, Sector-56, Civil Hospital Campus, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Mohali, Punjab – 160055″ Mohali.