Dayanand Medical College and Hospital is one of the most medical colleges situated in Punjab. It was established in the year 1963. Dayanand Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana offer various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in the field of Medical Sciences. The institute also provides courses in the field of Nursing at both the UG and PG levels. The College is affiliated with the Baba Farid University of Health Science, Faridkot Panjab and is approved by National Medical Commission.
Hey, Students if you are interested in admission from Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana, then you should know about Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana Fee Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut Off, Facilities available and complete Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana Address & more!
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Dayanand Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana
Dayanand Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana are some of the oldest private colleges that provide UG and PG courses. DMCH Ludhiana is affiliated with the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, Punjab.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the significant details of Dayanand Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana.
|Name of Institute||Dayanand Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana|
|Popular Name||DMCH Ludhiana, Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana|
|Location||Tagore Nagar, Civil Lines|
|Year of Establishment||1963|
|Affiliated to||Baba Farid University of Health Science, Faridkot Panjab|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MD/MS, DM, M ch.|
|All India Rank||26|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges In Punjab|
|Punjab NEET Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, Achievement
- Affiliated with: Baba Farid University of Health Science, Faridkot Panjab
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Trust
These are Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested to study or already studying from Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Hello Students! Let us look at the Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana Courses Offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate. The Student applying for the Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana MBBS Course must look at the courses offered and the intake and course duration.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
If you are interested in pursuing MBBS from Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana, then you must know about the number of seats for the particular course the college is offering. Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana MBBS Seats is 100.
Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its medical programs (MBBS, MD, MS).
|MD (General Medicine)||3 Years|
|MD (Pathology)||3 Years|
|MD (Paediatrics)||3 Years|
|MD (Bio-Chemistry)||3 Years|
|MD (Microbiology)||3 Years|
|MD (Community Medicine)||3 Years|
|MD (Dermatology)||3 Years|
|MD (Radio-diagnosis)||3 Years|
|MD (Psychiatry)||3 Years|
|MD (Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases)||3 Years|
|MD (Anesthesiology)||3 Years|
|MD (Physiology)||3 Years|
|MD (Obstetrics & Gynecology)||3 Years|
|MD (Pharmacology)||3 Years|
|MD (Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion)||3 Years|
|MS (General Surgery)||3 Years|
|MS (Orthopaedics)||3 Years|
|MS (Anatomy)||3 Years|
|MS (ENT)||3 Years|
|MS (Ophthalmology)||3 Years|
MD/MS Intake Capacity
If you are interested in pursuing PG from Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana, then you must know about the number of seats for the particular course the college is offering.
|MD (General Medicine)||12||MD (Pathology)||5|
|MD (Paediatrics)||7||MD (Bio-Chemistry)||2|
|MD (Microbiology)||3||MD (Community Medicine)||3|
|MD (Dermatology)||2||MD (Radio-diagnosis)||6|
|MD (Psychiatry)||3||MD (Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases)||4|
|MD (Anesthesiology)||15||MD (Physiology)||3|
|MD (Obstetrics & Gynecology)||4||MD (Pharmacology)||4|
|MD (Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion)||3||MS (General Surgery)||8|
|MS (Orthopaedics)||5||MS (Anatomy)||2|
|MS (ENT)||2||MS (Ophthalmology)||1|
Here in this selection, we will let you about Dayanand Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
For students interested in pursuing MBBS from Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana are informed about the subjects for which doing an internship is necessary is mentioned below:-
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students as a faculty member of the Dayanand Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana is responsible for contributing and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various programmes at Dayanand Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these valuable resources about Dayanand Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana will help you do proper research.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Punjab NEET 2021 Counselling||For UG Courses: Punjab NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Punjab NEET PG Counselling
|Punjab NEET 2021 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Punjab NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Punjab NEET 2021 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Punjab Medical Colleges Fees||Click Here|
|Top MBBS Colleges in Punjab||Click Here|
Punjab NEET Counselling Round 1 Date 2021 (Out)
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, released the Punjab NEET Round 1 Counselling Schedule; the online choice filling for 1st round will start from 19 January 2022. Let’s have a look.
|Choice filling for 1st Round of Online Counselling||19.01.2022 to 24.01.2022 (upto 11:55 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||25.01.2022 to 29.01.2022|
|Reporting by candidates to the respective provisionally allotted colleges and deposition of six months tuition fee through University Payment Gateway available on the University website in Student Login||Upto 07.02.2022 (till 5:00 PM)|
Punjab NEET Counselling Flow Chart
The fees structure of DMCH Ludhiana for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
|Course||Govt. Quota||Management Quota||Open/Minority Quota|
NOTE:- Mentioned fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
Punjab NEET Counselling
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Punjab must register themselves for the NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to PG courses offered by DMCH Ludhiana, the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2021
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
This section shows Dayanand Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana Ranking & its reputation all across the state of Punjab & in India:-
|Name of Institute||Dayanand Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana|
|All India Rank||26|
Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana Address: Dayanand Medical College And
Hospital Ludhiana Tagore Nagar,
Civil Line Ludhiana – 141001 Punjab
Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana Contact No: +91 0161 4686600
Official Website: https://dmch.edu/
Punjab NEET 2021 Admission Support
|Punjab NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2021 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants in DMCH Ludhiana is 100.
Ans. The course offered in this college is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), MS (Ophthalmology), MD (Forensic Medicine).
Ans. Yes, this college does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Dayanand Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana are located at Collectorate Road, Dimrapal, Ludhiana Punjab.
A. The fees of Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana are the lowest compared to other medical colleges in India. If we compare the fees structure of Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana, the average fees include Tuition fees, maintenance, student library, Internship cost etc. There are so many things a student can avail of while studying medicine from Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana.
A. Yes. Of course. Studying MBBS from Dayanand Medical College Ludhiana will make you a Doctor and provide you with a degree of MBBS after completing the course. After your course completion, you must clear the NEXT exam to practice medicines in India.