Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital Patiala, Punjab, is one of Punjab’s reputed Private Medical Colleges. The college was established in the year 2020. It is affiliated with the Baba Farid University of Health Science and approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC). The quality facilities provided by the college have set great track records since its inception.
Hey, Students, if you are interested in admission from Gian Sagar Medical College Patiala, you should know about Patiala Medical College Fee Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut Off, Facilities available, and complete Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital Patiala Punjab reviews & more!
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking & Reputation
8. Contact Details
9. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital Patiala
Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital Patiala offers undergraduate seats for MBBS and post-graduate courses recognised by the National Medical Commission (NMC).
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of Gian Sagar Medical College, Patiala.
|College Name||Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital Patiala Punjab|
|Popular Name||Gian Sagar Medical College Patiala|
|Affiliated to||Baba Farid University of Health Science|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC).|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MD/MS|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Punjab|
|Punjab NEET 2021 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with:– Baba Farid University of Health Science
- Approved by: –National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status:– Private
These are Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital Patiala Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested in studying or already studying from Gian Sagar Medical College Patiala:-
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
The college offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
If you are interested in pursuing MBBS from Gian Sagar Medical College, you must know about the number of seats for the college’s particular course. Medical College Patiala MBBS Seats is 225.
Gian Sagar Medical College offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its medical programs (MD, MS).
|MD (Community Medicine)||3 Years|
|MD (Anaesthesiology)||3 Years|
|MS (General Surgery)||3 Years|
|MD (Microbiology)||3 Years|
|MD (Forensic Medicine)||3 Years|
|MD (Pharmacology)||3 Years|
|MD/MS (Anatomy)||3 Years|
|MD (Bio-Chemistry)||3 Years|
|MD (Physiology)||3 Years|
MD/MS Intake Capacity
If you are interested in pursuing PG from Patiala Gian Sagar Medical College you must know about the number of seats for the college’s particular course.
|MD (Community Medicine)||2||MD (Anaesthesiology)||2|
|MS (General Surgery)||2||MD (Microbiology)||1|
|MD (Forensic Medicine)||1||MD (Pharmacology)||1|
|MD/MS (Anatomy)||2||MD (Bio-Chemistry)||2|
Here in this selection, we will let you about Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital, Patiala, Punjab MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
For students interested in pursuing MBBS from Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital Patiala are informed about the subjects for which doing an internship is necessary is mentioned below:-
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students as a faculty member of the Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital, Patiala, is responsible for contributing and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Below is the Admission procedure for the important courses which come under Gian Sagar Medical College Patiala. The candidate requested to go through with the given instructions.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For PG Courses: NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
|Punjab NEET 2021 Counselling||For UG Courses: Punjab NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Punjab NEET PG Counselling
|Punjab NEET 2021 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Punjab NEET 2021 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Punjab Medical Colleges Fees||Click Here|
|Top MBBS Colleges in Punjab||Click Here|
Punjab NEET Counselling Round 1 Date 2021 (Out)
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, released the Punjab NEET Round 1 Counselling Schedule; the online choice filling for 1st round will start from 19 January 2022. Let’s have a look.
|Choice filling for 1st Round of Online Counselling||19.01.2022 to 24.01.2022 (upto 11:55 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||25.01.2022 to 29.01.2022|
|Reporting by candidates to the respective provisionally allotted colleges and deposition of six months tuition fee through University Payment Gateway available on the University website in Student Login||Upto 07.02.2022 (till 5:00 PM)|
Punjab NEET Counselling Flow Chart
Below we have mentioned the Patiala GMC Medical College Fees Structure. You can check the undergraduate & postgraduation Courses Fee structure. Let’s have a look.
The Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital Patiala Punjab fee structure for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
|Course||Govt. Quota||Management Quota||Open/Minority Quota|
The fee structure of the Gian Sagar Medical College fee structure for the postgraduate medical course is mentioned below.
NOTE:- Mentioned fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score with the following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
|Category||NEET PG cut off percentile||NEET cut off scores 2020||Cutoff scores 2019|
|Unreserved – PH||45th||342||317|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th||319||295|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
Punjab NEET Counselling
Candidates applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Punjab must register themselves for the NEET counselling 2021. Counselling of NEET 2021 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
For aspirants applying to Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital, Patiala, the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
List of Documents that are required to be carried at the time of reporting to the allotted college.
- MBBS Admit Card 2021
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Date of Birth Proof
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate of (SC/ST/OBC category candidates)
- Six passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all certificates
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
This section shows Gian Sagar Medical College Patiala Ranking & its reputation all across the state of Punjab & in India:-
|Name of Institute||Gian Sagar Medical College Patiala|
Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital, Patiala
Address: Ram Nagar, Banur, National Highway 64, Jansla, Patiala, Punjab 140506
Telephone No: 01762 520 000
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: http://ww1.giansagar.org/
Punjab NEET 2021 Admission Support
|Punjab NEET 2021 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2021 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. The total intake of medical science aspirants Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital, Patiala is 150.
Ans. The course offered in this college is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), MS (Ophthalmology), MD (Forensic Medicine).
Ans. Yes, this college does provide a hostel facility for both males and females.
Ans. Yes, they do. After completing 4.6 years of your course, you’ll have to work as an intern for a year, and you’ll be getting a stipend in this period.
Ans. Gian Sagar Medical College & Hospital, Patiala, are located at Ram Nagar, Banur, National Highway 64, Jansla, Patiala, Punjab 140506.