Goa Medical College Panaji (GMC Panaji) is one of the best Government Medical Colleges in Goa. It was established in the year 1842. GMC Panaji is one of the oldest Medical College in Asia. The Medical College was originally founded by the Portuguese in Panjim but now it has been relocated to Bambolim, which is about 4km from its initial location.
Goa Medical College Panaji is popularly known as GMC Panaji. It is affiliated with Goa University. and providing good facility and infrastructure for our students and offering graduate and post graduate level courses like MBBS/MD/MS etc.
- 1 Goa Medical College Panaji
- 2 Course Offered
- 3 Admission Process
- 4 Fee Structure
- 5 NEET Cutoff 2018
- 6 Ranking & Reputation
- 7 Contact Details
Goa Medical College Panaji
|Name of Institute||Goa Medical College, Panaji|
|Popular Name||GMC Panaji|
|Location||Bambolim, Goa, India|
|Year of Establishment||1842|
|Affiliated to||Goa University|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Category||Medical College in Goa|
In the article, We are going to share all the essential details about GMC Panaji like Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Goa University
- Approved by: Medical Council Of India (MCI).
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Anti Ragging
- Counseling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
- Medical Service
- Computer Centre
- Lecture Theatres
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Sports and Games
|MBBS||150||4.6+1 Years Internship|
A candidate can visit the official portal of the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa to get themselves registered for NEET 2018 Goa State Counselling. The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Goa must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2018. Counselling of NEET 2018 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
|UG Course||Educational Qualification: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually with a minimum of 50% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST & 45% marks OBC Category) taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
Age: 17 years or above as on 31st December of the year of admission.
|PG Course||Graduation and Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS).|
|Diploma Course||12TH or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent. All SC/ST candidates have a relaxation of 5% in the minimum aggregate.|
For UG Course Fee
|Annual Fee for AIQ Candidates (₹)||1,00,000/-|
|Annual Fee for NRI Candidates ($)||NA|
|Amount to be paid at the time of Admission (Rs):||51,400/-|
|Monthly hostel dues (Rs)||700/-|
|The Amount of Fee to be deducted on re-allocation of the seat to the candidates in 2nd/3rd round of Counseling (Rs)||49,937/-|
|The number of fees to be reimbursed in case candidate resigns during counselling period (Rs)||48,937/-|
|Specify penalty, if any, in case of candidate resigns after the final round of counselling||5,00,000/-|
PG Course Fee
|Annual Fee for AIQ Candidates (₹)||24,000/-|
|Annual Fee for NRI Candidates ($)||NA|
|Amount to be paid at the time of Admission (Rs):||16,500/-|
|Monthly hostel dues (Rs)||2000/-|
|Stipend 1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year (Rs)||1st Years||2nd Years||3rd Years|
|The number of fees to be reimbursed in case candidate resigns during counselling period (Rs)||15,437/-|
|Specify penalty, if any, in case of candidate resigns after the final round of counselling||10,00,000/-|
NEET Cutoff 2018
Below we have mentioned the cut-off for NEET 2018:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cut-off Marks||No. of Qualified Candidates|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897|
|Unreserved PH (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||GMC Panaji|
- The college is one of the Oldest medical Institutions in Asia.
- We would like to give 4.4 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Goa.
- Top Medical College In Goa 2018
- Top Dental College In Goa 2018
- Top BHMS College In Goa 2018
- Top BAMS College In Goa 2018
Name of Head Of Institution: Dr. Pradeep G. Naik
Tel No. / Fax No: 0832-2458727 / 0832-2458728
Tel No./ Mobile No: 0832-2462473 / 9822127480
Email ID: [email protected]
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best Of luck..!!!