Goa Medical College Panaji (GMC Panaji) is one of the best Government Medical Colleges in Goa. It was established in the year 1842. It is also known as GMC Panaji. GMC Panaji is one of the oldest Medical College in Asia.
It is affiliated with Goa University. The Medical College was Originally founded by the Portuguese in Panjim but now it has been relocated to Bambolim.
Get Latest Info. About this Story/Article, via SMS & Email.
- 1 Goa Medical College Panaji
- 2 Course Offered
- 3 Admission Process
- 4 Fee Structure
- 5 NEET Cutoff
- 6 NEET Cutoff 2018
- 7 NEET Cutoff 2017
- 8 Goa NEET Counselling 2019 (MBBS/BDS)
- 9 Ranking and Reputation
- 10 Contact Details
Goa Medical College Panaji
Throughout this article, we are going to share all the essential details about Goa Medical College Panaji like Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking etc.
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of Goa Medical College Panaji.
|Name of Institute||Goa Medical College, Panaji|
|Popular Name||GMC Panaji|
|Location||Bambolim, Goa, India|
|Year of Establishment||1842|
|Affiliated to||Goa University|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Category||Medical College in Goa|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated: Goa University
- Approved by: Medical Council Of India (MCI).
- Aid Status: Govt.
- Hostel (Boys & Girls)
- Computer labs
- IT Infrastructure
|MBBS||150||4.6+1 Years Internship|
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any state Board or Equivalent.
- Candidate should have secured a minimum 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Admission Seekers must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
*** Fees Will be Updated Soon***
NEET Cutoff 2019 (Expected)
|S. No.||Categories||Minimum Required Percentile|
|1||General (UR)||50th Percentile|
(including PwD of SC/ST/OBC)
|3||UR PwD||45th Percentile|
NEET Cutoff 2018
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cut-off Marks||No. of Qualified Candidates|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||691-119||6,34,897|
|Unreserved PH (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||118-96||17,209|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||118-96||7,446|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||118-96||54,653|
NEET Cutoff 2017
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||697-131||5,43,473*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||130-118||67|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||130-107||14599|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||130-107||6018|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||130-107||47382|
Goa NEET Counselling 2019 (MBBS/BDS)
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Technical Education, Goa to get themselves registered for NEET 2019 Goa State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Goa NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the Goa NEET 2019 Counselling schedule.
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota.
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Goa must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2019. Counselling of NEET 2019 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||GMC Panaji|
We Would like to give this Medical college 4.4 out of 5 stars on Edufever the best MBBS college in Goa.
GMC Panaji, Goa
Name of Head Of Institution: Dr. Pradeep G. Naik
Tel No. / Fax No: 0832-2458727 / 0832-2458728
Tel No./ Mobile No: 0832-2462473 / 9822127480
Email ID: [email protected]
Official Website: Click Here
For further admission related queries, despite you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best of luck..!!!