Government Siddha Medical College Chennai Tamil Nadu is one of the reputed Government Siddha Colleges in Tamil Nadu. The college is popularly known as GSCM Chennai and it was founded in the year 1964. Government Siddha College Chennai is affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai.
Government Siddha College Chennai was started to serve students with the best ayurvedic care and college offers courses Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (B.S.M.S.). Now the college has become synonyms with one of the Best Siddha Medicine Surgery in Chennai.
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about Government Siddha College Chennai (GSCM Chennai) like Fee Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Placement Stats, Cut-off, Facilities available and complete college review.
NEET UG 2020 Useful Resources
Below we have mentioned the NEET 2020 Useful Resources that will help you definently to crack the NEET 2020 exam.
|Major Notification||Click Here||Application Form||Click Here|
|Eligibility Criteria||Click Here||Admit Card||Click Here|
|Exam Pattern||Click Here||Exam Centres||Click Here|
|Syllabus||Click Here||Books||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here||Result||Click Here|
|Counselling||Click Here||Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Sample Papers||Click Here||Previous Year Papers||Click Here|
|Medical College Fee Structure||Click Here||College Predictor||Click Here|
|Rank Predictor||Click Here||Test Series||Click Here|
|Dress Code||Click Here||Cutoff||Click Here|
|Exam Day Guidelines||Click Here||Reservation Criteria||Click Here|
Government Siddha College Chennai
|College Name||Government Siddha Medical College Chennai Tamil Nadu|
|Popular Name||GSCM Chennai|
|Affiliated with||The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicines|
|Hostel Facility||Yes (Boys and Girls)|
|College Offical site||www.gsmcchennai.ac.in|
|Category||BSMS Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
1. Affiliated with: The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
2. Approved by: Central Council of Indian Medicines
3. Aid Status: Government
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
NEET UG 2020 Registration Statistics
|BSMS (Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery)||Siddha||50||4.6 +1 Year Internship|
|Post Graduate Degree M.D||Siddha||100||3 years|
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
|Educational Qualification||The candidates must have completed 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination from the Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary State Board in their first attempt to apply for B.S.M.S. course. Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology at their higher secondary level with not less than 60% marks. For candidates falling under SC / ST categories. The qualifying percentage of marks is 40 – 55%. In comparison to M.B.B.S and B.D.S, getting a seat in B.S.M.S. program is easier.|
|Age||Minimum Age: 17 years or above |
Maximum Age: There is no upper age limit.
|Hostel Fee||–||1000/- monthly|
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
|Central Scholarship in India||Click Here|
|Top Scholarship in India||Click Here|
|Andhra Pradesh Scholarship Scheme||Click Here|
Apart from these scholarship schemes, one can also apply for various educational loan offered by banks in India. You may also check these popular educational loans.
|Banks of India||Links Here|
|State Bank of India||Click Here|
|HDFC Bank||Click Here|
|Punjab National Bank||Click Here|
|Axis Bank||Click Here|
|ICICI Bank||Click Here|
Here have to provide NEET-UG 2020 Sample Papers that will help you to crack NEET-UG 2020 examination.
Physics Sample Papers
Chemistry Sample Papers
Biology Sample Papers
NOTE:- To see more sample papers follow this link
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET Cut off 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET UG Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates|
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
NEET PG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Min. qualify Criteria as per Information Bulletin||Cut-off Score as per qualifying|
criteria in Information Bulletin
|Revised min. qualifying criteria||Revised cutoff Score|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
Tamil Nadu Ayush NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Health and Family Welfare Department, Govt of Tamil Nadu to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 Tamil Nadu State Counselling.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Tamil Nadu NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2020 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Procedure for AIQ Quota.
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Tamil Nadu must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
Note: Based on NEET UG 2019 Status Released by NTA
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
Entrance Exams in India
|Medical Entrance Exam in India||Click Here|
|Engineering Entrance Exam in India||Click Here|
|Law Entrance Exam in India||Click Here|
|Fashion Designing Entrance Exam in||Click Here|
|Hotel Management Entrance Exam in India||Click Here|
|Polytechnic Entrance Exam in India||Click Here|
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Siddha College Chennai, GSCM Chennai|
- We would like to give 4.1 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best BSMS College in Tamil Nadu.
Government Siddha College Chennai (GSCM Chennai)
Govt. Siddha Medical College
Arumbakkam, Chennai – 600 106.
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 044- 26222682
Fax: 044- 26222683
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
NEET UG FAQ
A. The full form of NEET is the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
A. The official conducting authority for NEET 2021 exam is the National Testing Agency (NTA).
A. The NEET exam date is September 13, 2021.
A. The admit card for NEET releases 15 days before the exam date in the online mode.
A. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts NEET counselling 2021 for admission to 15% AIQ, deemed/central universities, ESIC/AFMS, AIIMS and JIPMER institutes through NEET scores 100% seats. However, several state counselling authorities have done the NEET 2021 for 85% of state quota seats and all seats in private colleges.
A. No, as per the Ministry of Education, NEET 2021 syllabus will remain unchanged.
A. No, as per the notification by NTA, NEET 2021 will be conducted offline, that is, pen-paper based mode.
A. These are the application fees for the NEET exam.
General category: Rs. 1500.
OBC-NCL and General-EWS: Rs. 1400.
SC/ST/PWD/transgender: Rs. 800.
A. Applicants will be allotted four marks for every correct response. At the same time, one mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer made by them. There will be no deductions if you leave any questions unanswered. To check the complete NEET 2021 Exam pattern, Click Here
A. Don’t worry if you have misplaced your NEET 2021 admit card. You can again download your admit card from the official website by logging into the applicant portal.
A. Once released, applicants can visit the official website to check their NEET 2021 results.
A. Yes, you can appear for NEET exams with a year gap. Delhi High Court revoked the previously set out amendment by the MCI wherein candidates with a year gap can appear for NEET.
A. Do or die chapters for NEET 2021 – Knowing NEET 2021 do or die chapters will help students in their aim to crack the test.
Biology chapter-wise weightage for NEET.
> Chapter: Human Physiology – 20% (Weightage out of 100)
> Chapter: Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants – 9% (Weightage out of 100)
> Chapter: Plant Physiology – 6% (Weightage out of 100)
> Chapter: Cell Structure and Function – 5% (Weightage out of 100)
If you want to crack NEET 2021 exam and want to score 600+marks with toppers & the best faculty study material, here is the chance to crack the NEET 2021 exam with NEET Achiever Pack.
A. A. Toppers generally stick to a schedule with an average of 6 hours of self-study every day. But its no depend on how many hours you study it’s 7 hours or 10 hours, it depends on how much you learn in an hour. If you want to crack NEET 2021 exam and want to score 600+marks with toppers & the best faculty study material, here is the chance to crack the NEET 2021 exam with NEET Achiever Pack.
A. Although the number changes every year, most students (around 60-70%) crack the NEET exam on the first attempt. This is a dedicated focus in studies, disciplined approach, regular classes, and to some extent, the fear of wasting an extra year for NEET preparation.
A. For the most part, the answer is yes. You don’t have to refer to any additional/extra book for Biology; NCERT is enough and sufficient to crack it and score 300+ easily.
List of Top Colleges in India
Worried about Low rank in NEET 2020; Don’t want to waste a year? Study in Low Budget MBBS College in Russia/Ukraine/Kazakhstan and 10+ Low Budget Countries Call Now: +91-9999709233 & Apply Now