Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli Tamil Nadu is one of the reputed Government Siddha Colleges in Tamil Nadu. The college is popularly known as GSMC Tirunelveli and it was founded in the year 1964. It is affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai. Siddha Government College Tirunelveli was started to serve students with the best ayurvedic care and the college offers courses Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (B.S.M.S.).
- Get Latest Ayush NEET UG & State Wise Ayush NEET UG Counselling News via Edufever News
Now the college has become synonymous with one of the Best Siddha Medicine Surgery in Tirunelveli. In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli (GSMC Tirunelveli) like Fee Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Facilities available and complete college review.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking And Reputation
8. Contact Address
9. Frequent Asked Questions
Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli
Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli Tamil Nadu was started to serve students with the best Siddha care, and the college offers courses Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (B.S.M.S). The college has become synonymous with one of the Best Siddha Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu.
|College Name||Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli Tamil Nadu|
|Popular Name||GSMC Tirunelveli, Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli|
|Location||Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu|
|Affiliated with||The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicines|
|Course||BSMS (UG), (PG)|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||BSMS Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
|MBBS Abroad at 10 Lakh||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with: The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
- Approved by: Central Council of Indian Medicines
- Aid Status: Government
|Laboratory||Hospital / Medical Facility|
Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli Tamil Nadu offers quality medical programs under highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs.
|BSMS||4.6 + 1 Years Internship|
|MD (Maruthuvam)||3 Years|
|Semester I11||Semester II||Semester III|
|Biochemistry||Pharmacology I||Varmam Therapy|
|Siddha Medicine- Principles and History||Siddha Pathology||Toxicology and Forensics|
|Physiology I||Microbiology||Gynaecology and Obstetrics|
|Communicative English||Pharmacology II||Dental Disease and Bone Setting Surgery|
|Physiology II||Animal and Plant Kingdom Analysis||Special Medicine and External Therapy|
|Pharmacognosy||Modern Pathology Principles||Paediatrics|
|Anatomy I||Pharmaceuticals||National Health Policies|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambiance of self-learning to the students as a faculty member of the Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli Tamil Nadu is responsible for contributing and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Here we mentioned the admission procedure for the course, which comes under Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli Tamil Nadu. The candidate requested to go through with the given instruction.
|Admission Process||UG Course: NEET UG|
AIAPGET Course: AIAPGET
|Eligibility Criteria||For UG Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria |
For PG Courses: AIAPGET Eligibility Criteria
|Tamil Nadu Ayush NEET 2022 Counselling||For UG Courses: Tamil Nadu Ayush NEET Counselling|
For PG Courses: Tamil Nadu AIAPGET Counselling
|Tamil Nadu Ayush NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu Ayush NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu Ayush Fee Structure||Click Here|
|Top 10 BSMS Colleges in Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
The Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli Tamil Nadu fee structures for various courses are affordable and are mentioned below.
|Post Graduate Degree M.D (Siddha).||PG||N/A|
|Hostel Fees||500 (Monthly)|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in Ayush NEET 2022 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores (Released)
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cut-off marks 2021||Cut-off marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Representation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
AIAPGET 2021 Cutoff
Tamil Nadu Ayush NEET Counselling 2022
A candidate can visit the Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, To get themselves for NEET 2022 Tamil Nadu State Counselling. Candidates can check the Tamil Nadu Ayush NEET 2022 Counselling information (College, Seats, Quota) in PDF.
Step 1: Registration process: Candidates seeking admission must register by filling out the application form’s personal, academic, and required details.
Step 2: Publishing merit list: After successfully filling out the application form, the counseling conducted authority will publish the state merit list.
Step 3: Documents verification: Candidates were called for document verification as per their state merit rank, and they had to report to the assigned verification center with all the required documents.
Step 4: Choice filling and locking Process: After the successful verification session, candidates are required to fill their choices of courses and colleges and then lock it, and they are advised to enter their preferences carefully as, according to it.
Step 5: Seat allotments: Based on choices filled, availability of seats, state merit rank, seat reservation, the seats will be allotted to applicants for the Tamil Nadu BSMS admission 2022.
Step 6: Reporting Process: Candidates are required to report at the designated colleges within the required date and timings for granting the Tamil Nadu BSMS 2022 admission.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidates applying for BSMS Colleges in Tamil Nadu must have to register themselves for the Ayush NEET counseling 2022. Counseling of NEET 2022 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counseling will consist of these steps.
Candidates applying for Ayush Colleges in Tamil Nadu must have to register themselves for the Ayush Counselling 2022. Tamil Nadu Ayush Counselling 2022 will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counseling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
AIAPGET Counselling 2022
The following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counseling procedure for aspirants applying to Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli Tamil Nadu.
For UG Candidate
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report the following documents to complete the formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidate
Candidates must bring the documents listed below in Original for verification during admission, and candidates must submit one Attested copy set of the following documents during counseling.
- AIAPGET 2022 scorecard
- AIAPGET 2022 Admit Card
- Mark sheet of BSMS 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year examinations
- Qualifying examination certificate, that is, BSMS Degree Certificate Permanent or provisional certificate provided by Central Council of Indian Medicine
- Internship completion certificate issued from the Head of the Institution
- 10th standard certificate as proof of birth
- Valid Government Identity proofs (Driving License/ PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport or Aadhar Card)
- Physically handicap medical certificate, if required.
- SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||GSMC Tirunelveli, Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli|
Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli (GSMC Tirunelveli)
Location: No.2,Langar Gana Street, Palayamkottai,627002, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Does Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli have a hostel?
Ans. Yes, Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli does have hostel facilities provided.
Q. How to get admission to Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli (GSMC Tirunelveli)?
Ans. Students have to score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission to Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli.
Q. Can I know the exact location of Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli?
Ans. 256, Tiruchendur Rd, Murugankurichi, Tirunelveli-2, Palayamkottai Tirunelveli- 627002 Tamil Nadu
Q. Is Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli Government or private?
Ans. Government Siddha Medical College Tirunelveli is a Govt College.
Click here for more Education News