MKCG Medical College and Hospital Berhampur are one of the oldest govt. Medical College in Odisha was founded in the years 1962. MKCG Medical College Berhampur is also known as Maharaja Krishna Chandra Gajapati Medical College & Hospital, Brahmapur. The Medical Institute provides modern facilities like Hostel, playground, Hostel etc.
In this article, We are going to share all the essential details about MKCG Medical College Berhampur like Facilities, Courses, Admission Process, MBBS Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, NEET Cutoff, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
Below we have mentioned the NEET UG 2020 Useful Resources that will help you definitely to crack the NEET 2020 exam.
MKCG Medical College and Hospital Berhampur
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of MKCG Medical College Berhampur.
|Name of Institute||Maharaja Krishna Chandra Gajapati Medical College & Hospital, Brahmapur|
|Popular Name||MKCG Medical College Berhampur|
|Year of Establishment||1962|
|Affiliated with||Berhampur University|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male & Female)|
|Category||Medical College in Odisha|
Below we have mentioned the NEET PG Useful Resources that will help you definitely to crack the NEET PG exam.
Affiliation Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: Berhampur University
- Approved by: Medical Council Of India (MCI)
- Aid Status: Government
- Sports Complex
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
The Student applying for MKCG Medical College and Hospital Berhampur medical college must have a look at the courses offered along with the intake and course duration.
MKCG Medical College Berhampur provides quality of education and offers the following UG course.
|MBBS||250||4 Year 6 monts+1 Years Internship|
MKCG Medical College Berhampur provides quality of education and offers the following PG courses duration of 3 Years.
|MD (DERM., VENE. & LEPROSY)||3|
|M.D. (FORENSIC MEDICINE)||3|
|M.D. (GENERAL MEDICINE)||15|
|M.S. (GENERAL SURGERY)||19|
|M.D. (OBST. & GYNAE.)||12|
|M.D. (PREVENTIVE & SOCIAL MEDICINE)||6|
DM (Cardiology & Endocrinology)
Faculty & Staff
The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
For UG courses – Aspirants should have completed the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
For PG courses – As per the basic requirement, medical aspirants must have completed the MBBS degree from a government recognized college and have a minimum of 1 year of the internship experience.
- (10+2) or High School Senior Secondary exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
- He/She should have secured a minimum of 50% Aggregate marks in PCB/Biotechcombined.
- Admission Seekers must have an MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed an internship
- Merit in the NEET PG exam.
The fees structure of MKCG Medical College Berhampur for the undergraduate and postgraduate medical course is mentioned below.
|Tuition Fees||18,655/- (AIQ)|
|Fees for the supply of blank answer book||100/-|
|Non- Government Fees|
|Security deposit (refundable)||10000/-|
|Student union Fees||500/-|
|Academic society Fees||200|
|Cultural society Fees||100/-|
|Audiovisual society Fees||200/-|
|Dramatic society Fees||100/-|
|University Athletic Fees||65/-|
|University Cultural Fees||40/-|
|University Migration Fees||201/-|
|Identity Card Fees||100/-|
|Orissa Red Cross Society Fees||20/-|
|Students Aid Fees||24/-|
|Admission Fees (one time)||2000/-|
|Consolidated Tuition Fees (Per Annum)||25000/-|
|Library Fees (Per Annum)||600/-|
|Journal Fees (Per Annum)||1000/-|
|Fees for Identity Card (one time)||100/-|
|Security deposit (one time, refundable)||10000/-|
|P.G Student union Fees (one time)||600/-|
|Dramatic society Fees (one time)||300/-|
|Academic society Fees||300/-|
|Orissa Red Cross Society Fees||100/-|
- 834/- Per Month
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET UG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for UG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
UG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET PG Cutoff
To take admission in all India medical colleges for PG courses you have to meet the cutoff score with following given NEET cutoff score and percentile.
PG Cutoff 2020
|Category||Qualifying Eligibility||Cut-off Marks (Out of 1500)|
|Persons with Disability||45% Percentile||680.0611|
Odisha NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education & Training, Bhubaneswar, Odisha to get themselves registered for NEET 2020 Odisha State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Odisha NEET 2020, Let us first have a look at the Odisha NEET 2020 Counselling schedule.
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Odisha NEET 2020. The entire process of counselling can be best explained by the below-mentioned flowchart.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota).
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Odisha must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Note: To Know more about UG Counselling of Odisha. Click Here
Aspirants who are applying to PG courses offered by MKCG Medical College the following flow chart shows the short but important information about the counselling procedure.
Note: To Know more about PG Counselling of Odisha. Click Here
Call now to get confirm PG Seat 09999672544
For UG Candidates
Candidates who will be allotted a seat to this college will be asked to report with following documents to complete the admission formalities.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate.
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||MKCG Medical College Berhampur|
- The college is one of the premiers Institute of Odisha.
- We would like to give 4.3 out of 5 stars on Edufever the Best MBBS college in Odisha.
MKCG Medical College and Hospital Berhampur
Address: Berhampur, District – Ganjam, Odisha. Pin: 760 004
Phone: (0680) 2292746
Email: [email protected]/[email protected]
Fax: (0680) 2292809
Official Website: http://www.mkcgmch.org/
Question: What Amount of Fee to be deducted on re-allocation of seat to the candidates in 2nd/3rd round of Counseling?
Question: How much fees to be reimbursed in case candidate resigns during the counselling period?
Question: What amount of Fees To be reimbursed in case Candidate resigns after Counseling period?
Question: What is the time period of reimbursement (in days)?
Answer: 90 days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
NEET UG FAQ
A. NEET 2020 exam will be conducted in offline mode. An OMR Sheet will be provided to the candidate to mark the answers.
A. The National Testing Agency has received a lot of requests from NEET applicants to conduct the exam twice a year. Still, this change will not be implemented this year. Thus, NEET 2020 will be held only once.
A. According to the official notification released by NTA, a candidate can appear for NEET any number of times. There is no limitation on the number of attempts permitted.
A. To get admission in government medical college, one must secure at least 600 marks in NEET 2020.
A. NEET 2020 will be a 3-hour duration long paper and the exam will be held from 02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.
A. NEET 2020 question paper will be available in 11 languages, but, the language has to be filled during the registration process. Apart from Hindi and English, the candidate can choose from Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada and Telugu.
A. Candidates who do not have computer or internet can avail of the facility of Common Services Centre (CSC). These centres will help in filling the application form, paying the application fee and downloading the admit card.
A. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting the NEET exam in 2019. before 2019, NEET was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
A. No, the exam pattern for NEET 2020 remains the same. But there might be some possibilities to see changes in the academic session 2021-22.
A. There is no restriction on the number of attempts permitted for NEET. According to NTA, a candidate can appear for NTA as many times as he/she needs to qualify the examination.
A. Yes, you can apply for NEET 2020 provided you have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. To apply for NEET 2020, you must also have cleared these subjects individually.
A. According to the guidelines set by NTA, Tamil language question paper will only be available in the test cities in Tamil Nadu. Hence, if you want to choose Tamil as the medium of the question paper, you will have to opt for a test city in Tamil Nadu state only.
A. The application fee for NEET 2020 is Rs 1400 for all the candidates who belong to the General or OBC category. However, for candidates who belong to the SC/ST/ PWD category, the application fee is Rs 750.
A. Yes, experts suggest that the difficulty level of NEET 2020 will be raised owing to the scrapping of both AIIMS MBBS and JIPMER MBBS. NEET is now the only entrance examination for admission to MBBS/ BDS courses in India, thus NTA will ensure the examination is at par with the examinations that were replaced by it.
NEET PG FAQ
A. Aspirants who have MBBS degree or Provisional Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council and possess permanent/provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the MCI and those who have completed an internship or those who are expecting to complete it by March 31 are eligible to take the examination.
A. NEET-PG is conducted as a computer-based test. But it is not internet-based. The student will see questions on the computer screen and will have to answer by selecting the answer from the options given on the screen.
A. The duration to complete the exam is of 3 hours and will be conducted in a single session. There will be only one section consisting of 240 questions.
A. The whole counselling process (registration, choice filling and choice locking) is completely online. Candidates can participate in the NEET PG counselling 2020 from any place as convenience where they have access to a good internet connection.
A. Yes, If you have made mistakes to your application data, log in to the NEET-PG registration and scheduling website NBE website and select “Edit Profile” to make changes to your personal details. All the information can be edit except for the name and surname. The ability to edit application profile and application details will be available until the end of the registration window.
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻 Dream it. Do it. Achieve it.
👉🏻 Keep working Hard
👉🏻 Never Give Up
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
Best of luck Students !!!
Application Form 2020
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.