Odisha NEET counselling 2019 is the state centralized Online counselling process through which a candidate can apply to MBBS/BDS courses in various Government/Private Medical College affiliated with State Medical University of Odisha. The counselling procedure will be based on one’s NEET Scorecard and will be managed by the Directorate of Medical Education & Training, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Throughout the article, you will get to know about Odisha NEET 2019 Counselling procedure, Top Medical/Dental Colleges in Odisha and NEET Odisha 2019 Cut off. Happy Reading.
Odisha NEET Counselling
A candidate can visit the official portal of Directorate of Medical Education & Training, Bhubaneswar, Odisha to get themselves registered for NEET 2019 Odisha State Counselling. Before we speak the counselling procedure for Odisha NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the Odisha NEET 2019 Counselling schedule.
NEET Counselling Procedure
Before we speak the counselling procedure for Haryana NEET 2019, Let us first have a look at the Type of NEET Counselling 2019 for state and AIQ quota.
|Type of NEET Counselling||Counselling Body|
|NEET Counselling for 15% AIQ Seats (except in Jammu & Kashmir) in Government medical and dental colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats in DU colleges (MAMC, LHMC, UCMS)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for all the seats in Central and Deemed Universities including BDS at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for IP Quota seats in ESIC Colleges||DGHS, on behalf of MCC|
|NEET Counselling for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)||DGHS, on behalf of MCC and AFMC Pune|
|NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota seats (all the seats in case of Jammu & Kashmir) and state private colleges||Respective State Counselling Authorities|
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for Medical/Dental Colleges in Haryana must have to register themselves for the NEET counselling 2019. Counselling of NEET 2019 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
|1||Registration and Online Application||20-06-2019 12:00 Noon to 25-06-2019 11:59PM|
|2||Publication of list of Registered Candidates||26-06-2019|
|3||Document Verification at Nodal Centres||26-06-2019 to 29-06-2019 (10:00AM to 5:00PM)|
|4||Medical Board for Physically Challenged Candidates||26-06-2019 and 27-06-2019|
|5||Ex-Service Man Board for ES Candidates||21-06-2019 & 28-06-2019|
|6||Publication of State Merit List||01-07-2019|
|7||Choice Filling and Locking||01-07-2019 11:00 AM to 02-07-2019 11:59 PM|
|8||1 st Round Allotment Publication and Downloading of Provisional Allotment Letter||04-07-2019|
|9||Provisional Admission (1st Round) at OJEE CELL, Gandmunda, Bhubaneswar.||05-07-2019 to 09-07-2019 (10.00 AM to 05.00 PM)|
|10||Joining AllottedInstitutions||By 12.07.2019 5.00 PM|
|11||Vacant Seat display (including returned All India Quota seats)||24-07-2019|
|12||Choice filling and Choice locking||24-07-2019 10.00 AM to 25-07-2019 11.59 PM|
|13||2nd Round Allotment and Downloading Provisional Allotment cum Admission Letter||26-07-2019|
|14||2nd Round Provisional Admission at OJEE CELL, Gandmunda, Bhubaneswar||27-07-2019 to 30-07-2019 (10.00 AM to 05.00 PM)|
|15||Withdrawal (Resignation) from Admission (no resignation is allowed after this date)||31.07.2019 (10.00 AM to 05.00 PM)|
|16||Joining Allotted Institutions||03.08.2019|
|17||A Spot Counselling and Admission may be done if a vacancy arises due to any reason after 2nd round counselling Admission Venue: OJEE Cell, Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar||04.08.2019 to 08.08.2019 (10.00 AM to 5.00 PM)|
|18||Last date of Joining Allotted Institutions||12-08-2019|
|19||Transfer of vacant seats to Private Medical College for final mop-up admission||13.08.2019 after 5.00 PM|
|20||Last date of joining in private institutions||18-08-2019|
- 10th Certificate.
- 12th Certificate.
- 12th Mark Sheet.
- NEET UG 2019 Admit Card.
- NEET UG 2019 Result/Scorecard.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile Certificate (for Odisha candidate only).
- Certificate of Sub Category, If Applicable.
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter card etc)
NEET Counselling Eligibility Criteria
- The applying seekers should have qualified the NEET Entrance Examination.
- Aspirants must have the domicile of Odisha
- The applying seekers must have completed the 10+2 examination or equivalent examination from the recognized educational institution.
- The applying seekers must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology and English are the compulsory subjects with minimum 50% marks, 40% marks are required for SC/ST category candidates and 45% marks are for Physically Handicap candidates.
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Scheduled Cast (SC)||8%|
|Physically Challenged (PC)||3%|
|Green Card Holders (GC)||5%|
- The Exam conducting authority will make the merit list of the selected candidates for the admission after the NEET State counselling.
- Admission Seekers will be selected on the basis of their rank obtained and choice filled during counselling.
- Admission Seekers will have to report to the allotted college for the admission along with all required documents.
- If any student fails to report to the allotted college in any circumstances within the given time, the seat of this candidate will be forfeited.
Odisha NEET Counselling Participating Colleges.
Candidate applying for various medical and dental colleges affiliated to the state medical university may find their dream college by knowing every tits and bit about the college. To know details Fees, Cut-off, Courses, Affiliation, Ranking etc) about the participating colleges, click the link mentioned below. Here is the updated list of all NEET Counselling participating Medical Colleges in Odisha officially made by the Medical Council of India.
List of Medical Colleges In Odisha
|Name of Medical College/Medical Institution||Affiliated with||Aid Status|
|Pt. Raghunath Murmu Medical College and Hospital, Baripada, Odisha||North Odisha University, Baripada, Odisha||Govt.|
|Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College & Hospital, Koraput||Berhampur University||Govt.|
|Instt. Of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar||Utkal University||Trust|
|Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar||KIIT University (Deemed), Bhubaneswar||Trust|
|Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital, Bhubaneswar||Utkal University||Trust|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar||Statutory Autonomous, AIIMS|
|MKCG Medical College, Berhampur||Berhampur University||Govt.|
|Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Burla||Sambalpur University||Govt.|
|Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital, Rourkela||Sambalpur University||Trust|
|SCB Medical College, Cuttack||Utkal University||Govt.|
List of Dental Colleges In Odisha
|1||Hi-Tech Dental College & Hospital, Bhubaneswar||2006-07||Private||BDS||100|
|2||Institute of Dental Sciences, Bhubaneswar||2006-07||Private||BDS||100|
|3||Kalinga Institute of Dental Sciences, Bhubaneswar||2007-08||Private||BDS||100|
|4||S.C.B. Dental College & Hospital, Cuttack||1983-84||Govt.||BDS||50|
Odisha NEET Seat Allotment Process
The Odisha NEET Counselling will be conducted in two rounds. The seat allotment and mop-up round process will be done separately for each round. the Seat allotment will be completely based on the merit rank and choices entered by candidates.
The Odisha MBBS and BDS 2019 seat allotment result for Round I counselling will be announced tentatively in the first week of July. The Result of seat allotment would be published online on the official website of Directorate of Medical Education & Training, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Applying seekers who have been allotted seats in Round I will also be able to opt for up-gradation in Second Round. And in case the candidate gets an upgraded seat in seconds Round, the seat allotted in first Round will stand cancelled.
NEET 2019 Cutoff (Announced)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2019 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile
NEET 2019 Qualifying Percentile
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET Previous Year Cut-off
The NEET 2019 will be based on various parameters like numbers of appearing candidates, total numbers of seats, the difficulty level of the examination, and the last year admission record. Check out the NEET Cutoff.
NEET Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates |
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
NEET Cut off 2017
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range||No. of Candidates Qualified|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile||697-131||5,43,473*|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile||130-118||67|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile||130-107||14599|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile||130-107||6018|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile||130-107||47382|
Scoring High in Entrance Exam like NEET will help you to choose some of the Best MBBS/BDS Colleges in Odisha. Top Rankers may also avail various Scholarship offered by these colleges. In case of any problems regarding the counselling, you may contact the student grievance cell of Odisha NEET 2019.
Best of Luck…!!!