Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna, is the most popular Government Medical College in Bihar. The Institute is well known as IGIMS Patna Medical College in Patna, Bihar. Medical College was founded in 2011, providing high-quality medical education and an excellent atmosphere. The College is affiliated with the Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed University), Patna, and approved by the National Medical Commission. The Medical College aims to provide high-quality education and an excellent atmosphere for the students in medical education.
Throughout this article, at Indira Gandhi Medical College in Patna, we will discuss Affiliations, Admission Process, Courses, Cutoff Details, Eligibility Criteria, Fee Structure, Review, Ranking etc.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking and Reputation
8. Contact Address
9. Frequent Asked Questions
Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Patna
Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences is a Medical College in Eastern India. It is located in Patna, Bihar and is spread over a large area of 130.20 Acres. Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sheikhpura, Patna, was set up to provide the best medicare facilities to the people in and around Bihar. The hospital aims to be the best Medical College in this region.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the critical details of Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna.
|Name of Institute||Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Patna|
|Popular Name||IGIMS Patna|
|Year of Establishment||2011|
|Affiliated to||Indira Gandhi Instt of Medical Sciences, Patna|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical colleges in Bihar|
|Bihar NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- Indira Gandhi Instt of Medical Sciences (Deemed University) Patna
- Approved By:- National Medical Commission
- Aid Status:- Govt
|Anti Ragging||Counselling Services|
|OPD-Indoor Services||Accident & Emergency Department|
|Diagnostic Services & Sports||Blood Bank|
|I.C.U.s Super Speciality Centre||24 Hour Help Line|
|Community Health Centre||Library & Cafeteria|
IGIMS Patna offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The college is famous for its undergraduate medical programmes.
|M.B.B.S||4.5+1 Years Internship|
Below have mentioned UG intake capacity of the IGIMS Patna.
Post Graduate Courses
IGIMS Patna provides quality education and offers the following P.G.courses duration of 3 Years.
|MD – Respiratory Medicine||3 years|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 years|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 years|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 years|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 years|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 years|
|MD – General Medicine||3 years|
|MS – General Surgery||3 years|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 years|
|MD – Radiotherapy/ Radiation Oncology||3 years|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 years|
|MS – ENT||3 years|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 years|
|MD – Pathology||3 years|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 years|
|MD – Physiology||3 years|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 years|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||3 years|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 years|
|MD – Microbiology||3 years|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 years|
Post Graduate Intake capacity
|MD – Respiratory Medicine||3|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||4|
|MD – Paediatrics||3|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||4|
|MD – Psychiatry||3|
|MD – General Medicine||8|
|MS – General Surgery||8|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||5|
|MD – Radiotherapy/ Radiation Oncology||4|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||4|
|MS – ENT||3|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3|
|MD – Pathology||5|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3|
|MD – Physiology||2|
|MD – Pharmacology||2|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||1|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||17|
|MD – Microbiology||8|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||4|
Here in this selection, we will inform you about the Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
Students interested in pursuing MBBS from Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences are informed about the subjects for which doing an internship is necessarily mentioned below:-
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days of Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of the Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the institution. The faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at I.G.I.M.S. Patna is based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this College, these valuable resources about Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna (I.G.I.M.S. Patna) with help you do proper research about the College.
|Admission Process||U.G. Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|Eligibility Criteria||For U.G. Courses: NEET UG Eligibility Criteria|
For P.G. Courses: NEET-PG Eligibility Criteria
|Bihar NEET 2022 Counselling||For U.G. Courses: Bihar NEET Counselling|
For P.G. Courses: Bihar NEET PG Counselling
|Bihar NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Bihar NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Bihar NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Bihar Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS Colleges in Bihar||Click Here|
We have mentioned the fee structure and the respective courses for only IGIMS Patna with this information before filling out the application form.
UG Courses Fees
Below have mentioned UG course fees of IGIMS Patna.
|Total Admission Fee||Rs. 1,21,667/- (For GEN/BC/EBC candidate)-one time |
Rs.1,11,667/- (For SC/ST candidate)-one time
|Admission (One time)||RS.10,000/- (For GEN/BC/EBC candidate) Rs.5,000/- (For SC/ST candidates)|
|Registration (One time)||Rs.10,000/- (For GEN/BC/EBC candidate) Rs.5,000/- (For SC/ST candidates)|
|Tution Fee||Rs.81,667/- (for 1st prof. M.B.B.S. (70,000/- per annum, for one year and two months.)|
|Caution Money||Rs.10,000/- One-time refundable|
|Miscellaneous||Rs.10,000/- One time (Non – refundable)|
|Hostel Fee||20,000/- annual fee|
Below have mentioned PG course fees of IGIMS Patna.
|Courses||Total Fee (Per Annum)|
|M.D.(For all Specialities)||1,60,000/-|
|M.Ch (Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery)||2,00,000/-|
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute must clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2022 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST OBCs must obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to be considered for the A.I.Q. and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to the U.R. category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET 2022 Percentile and Scores (Out)
This Section will provide you with the NEET 2022 Announced Cutoff for SC/ST/OBC. Let’s check the NTA released Cutoff.
|Category||NEET 2022 cutoff||NEET cut-off marks|
|UR / EWS &|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93|
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Cutoff marks 2021||Cutoff marks 2020|
|UR / EWS & P.H.||45th Percentile||13P.H.122||146-129|
|OBCP.H. PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
NEET PG Cutoff 2022(Announced)
By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma course as mentioned in the Information Bulletin for NEET-PG 2022, the cutoff scores for various categories are as follows:-
|Categories||Cutoff percentile||Cutoff marks|
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To take admission in all Indian medical colleges for PG courses, you must meet the cutoff score cutoff following the given NEET cutoff score cutoff Percentile.
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Patna General Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cutoff by rank||2020 Cutoff by rank|
Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Patna O.B.C. Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cutoff by rank||2020 Cutoff by rank|
Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Patna SC Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cutoff||2020 Cutoff|
Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Patna S.T.Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cutoff cutoff.||2020 Cutoff by rank|
Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Patna P.W.D. Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cutoff by rank||2020 Cutoff by rank|
Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Patna Economically Weaker Section Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cutoff by rank||2020 Cut-offP.G.y rank|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2022
Bihar NEET Counselling 2022
Bihar NEET Counselling Process
- Before starting the counselling process, the registered candidates must fill in their preferences of colleges and courses.
- To fill in the choices/preferences, applicants must log in using their UGMAC ID and password created at BCECEB.
- After successfully logging in, applicants must click on the button- ‘Submit the option’, and then candidates can access various choices simultaneously.
- Only applicants in the Bihar Counselling 2022 merit list appear for the offline seat allotment process.
- The document verification of the required documents will be done after the seat allotment. Therefore, every applicant must carry a list of relevant documents for verification purposes.
- Bihar state merit rank, preferences of colleges/courses, seats in a particular college, reservation criteria and other factors, the seats to Medical and Dental College will be allotted.
- Individual counselling will be conducted for applicants belonging to several categories. The counselling achieving authority will publish the seat allotment result for both rounds once the Bihar NEET counselling 2022 is over.
- After Bihar NEET counselling, applicants are allotted seats to report at the assigned colleges/institutions to verify and complete the admission process on or before the last date.
For aspirants applying to P.G. courses offered by I.G.I.M.S. Patna, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat in this College will be asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport-size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences|
Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
Address: Sheikhpura, Patna Bihar – 800 014
Bihar NEET 2022 Admission Support
|Bihar NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873F.A.Q.s33|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS Abroad for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do they have a girl’s hostel?
Yes, IGIMS. Patna has a separate hostel for girls.
What is the application fee for admission to I.G.I.M.S Patna?
The application fee for general candidates is Rs. 1500/-, and for O.B.C. and SC/ST candidates, it is 1400/- and Rs. 800/- respectively.
Do they have P.G. courses?
Yes, they offer post-graduate programs also.
What is the year of establishment of I.G.I.M.S Patna?
I.G.I.M.S.Patna was established in the year 1983.
What are all facilities provided by I.G.I.M.S Patna?
They provide world-class facilities to students, including a Library, Auditorium, Hostel, Hospital, sports, Computer labs etc.
Can you please provide their address?
Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Address: Sheikhpura, Patna Bihar – 800 014
How can a student get admission to I.G.I.M.S Patna?
Students must qualify for NEET-UG 2022 to get admission to this prestigious College.
Is it a government college?
Yes, it is a government college.
Is it only a women’s College?
No, it is a co-ed college. Both girls and boys can be admitted to this College.
Is Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences affiliated with National Medical Commission?
All the medical; colleges in the state of India are affiliated with and approved by M.B.B.S. The National Medical Council of India (previously known as the Medical Council of India)
Is a degree of M.B.B.S. at the Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Valid?
Yes, Of course, studying M.B.B.S.at Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences will make you a Doctor and provide you with a degree of M.B.B.S. after completing the system. After completing your course, you must clear the NEXT exam to practice medicines in India.
How Many marks need in NEET 2022 for the Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences?
Conclusion Looking to this year’s completion and cutoff analysis cutoff, something around 630 will help you get to Government Medical College in the state.
Click here for more Education News