Patna Medical College and Hospital is one of the best and most reputed Government Medical colleges in Bihar, and it was Commenced in the year 1925. It is considered among one of the oldest medical colleges. It is most popularly known as PMCH Patna, located in Patna, Bihar (formally known as Prince of Wales Medical College). The Patna Medical College avails high-quality Education in Medical Sciences.
Hey, Students, if you are looking forward to pursuing MBBS from PMCH Patna, then you should know about the college features such as Facilities, Courses, Admission Guidance, PMCH Patna Fee Structure, How to Apply, Eligibility, PMCH Patna Cut off, Result, Counselling, Contact Details etc.
1. College Summary
2. Courses Offered
3. Admission Process
4. Fee Structure
7. Ranking and Reputation
8. Contact Address
9. Frequent Asked Questions
Patna Medical College and Hospital
Patna Medical College and Hospital is one of the oldest colleges in Bihar. It was formally opened on 25th July 1925 by Sir Henry Wheeler, Governor of Bihar. This College is the mainstay for medical education and treatment to the masses in this state and the neighbouring states’ adjoining areas. Patna Medical College, Patna has a glorious past and a bright future.
Before we complete the college review, let us look at the essential details of this university PMCH Patna.
|Name of Institute||Patna Medical College and Hospital Patna|
|Popular Name||PMCH Patna, Patna Medical College|
|Patna Medical College Location||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Year of Establishment||1925|
|Affiliated||Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna|
|Approved||National Medical Commission|
|All India Rank||–|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board|
|Patna Medical College Hostel Facilities||Yes|
|NEET 2022 Study Materials||Click Here|
|Category||Medical colleges in Bihar|
|Bihar NEET 2022 Counselling Support||Enquire Now|
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:- Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna
- Approved by:- National Medical Commission (N.M.C.)
- Aid Status:- Govt.
These are Patna Medical College Facilities that are offered to the students who are interested in studying or already studying at PMCH Patna:-
|Medical Centers & Students Placement||OPD-Indoor Services|
|Accident & Emergency DepartmenDiagnostic Services||Blood BankRegional Cancer Center|
|ICUsSuper Speciality Centre||Biotechnology Facilities|
|Drug de-addiction & Treatment Centre||Medical Centers & Students Placement|
|24 Hour Help Line||Community Health Centre|
Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH Patna) offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS).
Patna Medical College provides quality education and offers the followiU.G. U.G. couU.G.e.
|MBBS||4.6+1 years Internship|
Suppose you are interested in pursuing MBBS from PMCH Patna. Then you must know about the number of seats for the particular course the College is offering. PMCH Patna MBBS Seats is 150.
Post Graduate Course
PMCH Patna provides quality education and offers the folP.G.wing P.G. courses duration of P.G.Years.
|P.G./ Diploma Courses||Duration|
P.G. Intake Capacity
Suppose you are interested in pursuing MBBS from PMCH Patna. Then you must know about the number of seats for the particular course the College is offering. PMCH Patna MD/MS Seat P.G. is given below:
|1.||Diploma in Medical Radio-Diagnosis||5||0||5|
|2.||Diploma in Microbiology||2||0||2|
|3.||Diploma in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation||1||0||1|
|4.||Diploma in Tuberculosis and Chest Disease||3||0||3|
|7.||M.D. (Community Medicine)||3||2||5|
|9.||M.D. (General Medicine)||20||0||20|
|14.||M.D. (Phy. Med.Reh.)||2||1||3|
|18.||M.D. (Skin V.D.)||4||0||4|
|21.||M.S. (General Surgery)||17||0||17|
|22.||M.S. (Obst.& Gynae)||19||1||20|
Here this selection will let you know about Patna Medical College MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical posO.P.D.ss inwards, O.P.D.s to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjectsE.N.T.thesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);|
Students interested in pursuing MBBS from PMCH Patna are informed about the subjects for which doing an internship is necessary is mentioned below:-
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics inclE.N.T. PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty of embryology. It also offers sufficient non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of PMCH Patna, they are responsible for contributing to and sustaining the standards of medical education in the Institution. All the Patna Medical College faculty comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at PMCH Patna is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this College, these valuable resources about Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH Patna) will help you do proper research.
|Admission Process||U.G. Course: NEET UG|
PG Course: NEET PG
|EligU.G.ility Criteria||For U.G. Courses: NEET UG ElP.G.ibility Criteria|
For P.G. Courses: NEET-PG Eligibility Criteria
|Bihar NU.G.T 2022 Counselling||For U.G. Courses: P.G.har NEET Counselling|
For P.G. Courses: Bihar NEET PG Counselling
|Bihar NEET 2022 Cutoff||Click Here|
|Bihar NEET Merit List||Click Here|
|Bihar NEET 2022 Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|Bihar Medical Colleges Fee||Click Here|
|Top 10 MBBS College in Bihar||Click Here|
Here, we have mentioned the Patna Medical College fees structure for the respective courses provided to the students with this information before filling out the Patna Medical College application form.
Here, we have mentioned PMCH Patna MBBS Fee Structure.
|Admission Fees/Tuition Fees||Rs.6100/-|
|Extra-Curricular Activity Fund||Rs.4000/-|
|Security Deposit Money (Refundable)||Rs.10000/-|
Other Courses Fee
Here, we have mentioned PMCH Patna Diploma and Degree Course Fee Structure.
Note: The fee structure is subject to changes.
The Patna Medical College Cut Off is the minimum mark prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Aspirants who apply for the Institute need to clear the Cutoff for various courses. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores.
- Aspirants must obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in the NEET 2021 entrance examination to qualify for further admission.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC must obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thperA.I.Q.tile to be considered for A.I.Q. and state counselling proceU.R.
- Aspirants who belong to the U.R. category must score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET PG 2022 Cutoff (Announced)
By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma course as mentioned in the Information Bulletin for NEET-PG 2022, the cutoff scores for various categories are as follows:-
|Categories||NEET PG 2022 minimum qualifying or eligibility criteria||NEET PG 2022 Cutoff score (out of 800)|
|General / E.W.S.||50th||275|
|SC / ST/ OBC|
(including P.W.D. of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET 2021 result qualifying percentile & scores
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||U.R.toffmarks 2021||CCutoffarks 2020|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||137-122||146-129|
|OBC & PH||4P.H.h Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|SC & P.H.||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
|ST & P.H.||40th Percentile||121-108||128-113|
Graphical Represntation of NEET 2021 Cutoff
Patna Medical College Cut Off for Previous Years
The data below shows Patna Medical College Cut Off for previous years for each & every category for the candidates:-
PMCH Patna General Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 CuCutoff rank||2020 CutCutoffrank|
PMCH Patna O.B.C. Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 CutoCutoffank||2020 CutofCutoffnk|
PMCH Patna SC Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 CutoffCutoffk||2020 Cutoff Cutoff|
PMCH Patna S.T. Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cutoff by rank||2020 Cutoff by rP.W.D.|
PMCH Patna P.W.D. Category Cutoff
|Round||2020 Cutoff by rank|
PMCH Patna Economically Weaker Section Category Cutoff
|Round||2019 Cutoff by rank||2020 Cutoff by rank|
NEET PG Cutoff 2021
To taP.G. admission in all Indian medical colleges for P.G. courses, you must meet the cutoff score after the given NEET cutoff score cutoff percentile.
|Categories||Cutoff Percentile||Cutoff Marks|
Graphical Representaiton of NEET PG Cutoff 2021
Bihar NEET Counselling 2022
Bihar NEET Counselling Process
- Before starting the counselling process, the registered candidates must fill in their preferences of colleges and courses.
- To fill in the choices/preferences, each applicant must log in using their UGMAC ID and password created at BCECEB.
- After successfully logging in, applicants must click on the button- ‘Submit the option’, and then candidates can access various choices at once.
- Only applicants incorporated in the Bihar Counselling 2022 merit list appear for the offline seat allotment process.
- After the seat allotment, the document verification of the required documents will be done. Therefore, every applicant must carry a list of relevant documents for verification purposes.
- Bihar state merit rank, preferences of colleges/courses, seats in a particular college, reservation criteria and other factors, and the hearts to medical and dental College College allotted.
- Individual counselling will be conducted for applicants belonging to several categories. The counselling achieving authority will publish the seat allotment result for both rounds once the Bihar NEET counselling 2022 is over.
- After Bihar NEET counselling, applicants are allotted seats to report at the assigned colleges/institutions to verify and complete the V.C.e R.M.mission process on or before the last date.
For aspirants applying to P.G. courses offered by Patna Medical College and Hospital Patna, the following flow chart shows the short but essential information about the counselling procedure.
Candidates who will be allotted a seat at this College College asked to report to complete the admission formalities with the following documents.
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheeI.D.(for date of biP.A.N.)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- I.D. proof (Aadhar/P.A.N. Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste CP.G.tificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For P.G. Candidates
Original Copies Of:
- MBBS Certificate.
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet.
- Medical Registration Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Photo identity proof in the form of a Certificate with an attested photo from tP.A.N.Head of Institution last studied/Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/P.A.N. Card/Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth CerH.S.C.icate for proof of age (if the date of birth is not given in the H.S.C. mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card.
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If apP.G.icable.
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies.
Ranking and Reputation
Here, the Patna Medical College Ranking & its reputation all over the state of Bihar & also for India are mentioned below:-
|Name of Institute||Patna Medical College and Hospital|
|All India Rank||–|
Patna Medical College
Address: Patna Medical College
Patna Bihar -800004
Bihar NEET 2022 Admission Support
|Bihar NEET 2022 Counselling Assistance||Enquire Now|
|NEET 2022 Expert Counsellor: Call Now||+91-9873056333|
|Medical Colleges Under 150+ score||Enquire Now|
|MBBS AbF.A.Q.s for Low NEET Ranker||+91-9999709233|
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.s)
The annual intake of PMCH Patna for MBBS is 150 per year.
Yes, in PMCH Patna, both girls and boys can take admission.
No, PMCH Patna is a reputed government college in Bihar.
Admission fees for MBBS in PMCH Patna is Rs. 6100.
Yes, PMCH offers undergraduate and post-graduate courses.
PMCH Patna was established in the year 1925.
They provide world-class facilities to students including Library, Auditorium, Hostel, Hospital, Transport, Computer labs etc.
Patna Medical College Address: Patna Medical College, Patna, Bihar -800004
Students must qualify for NEET-UG 2021 to get admission to this prestigious College.
Yes, it is a government college.
No, this College is Collegeboth men and women.
All the medical; colleges in the state or India is affiliated and approved by the National Medical Council of India (previously known as the Medical Council of India)
Yes, Of course. Studying MBBS from Patna Medical College and Hospital will make you a Doctor and provide you with a degree of MBBS after completing the system. After your course completion, you must clear the NEXT exam to practice medicines in India.
Conclusion Looking to this year completion and cutoff analysis, around 430 will help you get to Private Medical College in the state.