The NEET MDS Counselling 2023 is an important event for dental graduates who wish to pursue postgraduate studies in various dental colleges in India. NEET MDS stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Master of Dental Surgery, and it is conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). The NEET MDS Counselling 2023 is the process through which qualified candidates can secure admission to various dental colleges across India.
The concerned states will do centralised counselling for allotment of MDS seats as per their qualifying/eligibility criteria, applicable guidelines/Regulations & reservation policy, benefits for In-service candidates, and Rural Service. Go through the complete article below to learn more about NEET MDS Counselling 2023.
1. Important Dates
2. Eligibility Criteria
3. Counselling Process
4. Counselling Fees
5. Counselling Registration Fees
7. Documents Required
8. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The below table gives detailed information about NEET MDS Counselling.
- Get Latest NEET MDS & State Wise NEET MDS Counselling News via Edufever News
|Counselling Authority||Counselling for MDS seats is to be conducted by MCC.|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Date||March 1, 2023|
|NEET MDS Result||March 10, 2023|
|Rounds||4 Rounds of AIQ Counselling All India Quota Round 1|
AIQ Round 2
AIQ Mop-up Round
AIQ Stray Vacancy Round
No seat will be reverted to the respective States after the completion of round 2 of AIQ.
|Reservation Policy of AIQ||Reservation Policy of AIQ for Central Institutes/University as well as State contributed seats: |
O.B.C.- (Non-Creamy Layer) as per the Central OBC list- 27%
|Unfilled NRI/Muslim Minority/Jain Minority||Unfilled NRI/Muslim Minority/Jain Minority seats are to be converted to Indian National Seats after the exhaustion of all the eligible NRI/Muslim Minority/Jain Minority Applicants during the Mop-Up Round before reverting it to the respective Deemed University.|
|Reservation for EWS and PwD||EWS- as per Central Government norms- 10%|
PwD- Horizontal Reservation as per NMC norms- 5%
|Offline Stray vacancy round||Online Stray vacancy Round to be conducted by MCC for Central University/Institutes/All India Quota seats.|
|Want NEET MDS 2023 Counselling Support?||Enquire Now|
NEET MDS 2023 Counselling Schedule
The NEET MDS Counselling 2023 dates are yet to be announced, but it is expected to take place in the month of April or May 2023. Candidates who have qualified in the NEET MDS 2023 exam can participate in the NEET MDS Counselling 2023 process.
|NEET MDS 2023 result||March 10, 2023|
|Choice Filling for Round-1 of MDS Counselling 2023||To be announced|
|Choice Locking starts from||To be announced|
|Seat Processing of Round-1||To be announced|
|Declaration of Provisional Result||To be announced|
|Declaration of Final Result||To be announced|
|Reporting for Round-1||To be announced|
Only a qualified candidate for the NEET MDS 2023 will be eligible to attend the counselling. The NEET MDS 2023 eligibility criteria will be considered for admission to the Masters of Dental Surgery courses. The DCI decides these eligibility criteria with the approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW). The eligibility criteria for admission to MDS courses are as follows :
- A candidate for admission to the MDS course must possess a recognised degree of BDS granted by a university or institute in India and registered with the State Dental Council and have obtained provisional or permanent registration, and have undergone a compulsory rotatory internship of a year in an approved/recognised dental college.
NEET MDS 2023 Counselling Procedure
NEET MDS counselling 2023 procedure includes registration of aspirants, filling and locking preferences, declaration of results and reporting to the respective colleges for admission. Below have mentioned the step-wise NEET MDS Counselling Procedure.
Step 1: Registration Process
- Candidates can click on the link provided on this page.
Candidates will then have to select the stream (medical/dental), NEET MDS roll number, the application number, the candidate’s name, date of birth, security pin and other asked details.
- Also, Candidates need to provide the remaining details, which must be completed successfully to complete the registration process.
- After that, the login credentials will appear on the screen, which must be maintained until the completion of the admission process.
Step 2 – Fill in personal information.
- In the second step of NEET MDS 2023 counselling, aspirants must enter their details, such as their father and mother’s name, address, category and other Information.
- Applicants must fill in the details carefully while filling in the parties, as the particulars cannot be edited. Similar Information provided here will be required for document verification and admission.
Step 3: Payment
- The candidates must only pay the non-refundable registration fee and refundable tuition fee online through credit/debit cards and net banking.
- Behind the successful payment of the registration fee, the registration slip will be displayed on the screen. A printout must be taken of the registration slip, which will be helpful for the further admission process.
Step 4: Available choices
- At the commencement of the NEET MDS 2023 seat allotment process, the available choices will be displayed on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Applicants who submitted the fees for 50% AIQ/central and deemed universities can fill the choices under every category of seats.
Step 5: Filling and locking of choices
- Aspirants must click on the ‘+’ button with every option for filling choices.
- After the selection, the choice on the left-hand side will automatically shift to the right-hand side of the screen.
- Once all the selections are made, Applicants must click on the ‘save and continue button to lock and continue with the process by clicking on ‘save and go to the home page to exit.
- While filling in the choices, aspirants can move up and down and delete the preferences. Also, they can drag an option to change with others.
Note: If any candidate forgets to lock the preferences, then the options of colleges filled will be closed automatically.
Step 6: Take a printout.
- Aspirants should take at least three to four printouts of the preferences filled for future benefits.
- If anyone has not locked their choices filled, they can also take printouts of the preferences once the locking process is over.
NEET MDS Counselling Fees 2023
The NEET MDS Counselling 2023 fees have two categories refundable and non-refundable. Refer to the following table to know the fee details.
|Non-refundable registration fees||—|
|For 50% of AIQ/Central Universities||Fee (INR)|
|For Deemed Universities||Fee (INR)|
|For 50% of AIQ/Central Universities||Fee (INR)|
|Deemed Universities||Fee (INR)|
Counselling Flow chart
NEET MDS 50% All India Quota
This section provides detailed information about NEET MDS 2023 50% All India Quota seat; you can check the seat AIQ percentage of BHU, AMU, VMMC & SJH, ABVIMS & RML, ESIC, Basaidarapur.
|All India Quota Seats||50%|
|Seats of BHU||50%|
|Seats of AMU||50%|
|All India Quota seats of DU/Central Institutes (VMMC & SJH, ABVIMS & RML, ESIC, Basaidarapur)||50%|
NEET MDS 2023 Reservation
The reservation policy of the Central Government for the NEET-MDS Counselling in All India Quota is as follows: This section provides detailed information about NEET MDS Counselling category-wise seat reservation with percentage; you can check the seat reservation percentage of general, SC, ST, OBC, etc.
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|OBC- (Non-Creamy Layer) as per the Central OBC list||27%|
|EWS- as per Central Government norms||10%|
|PwD- Horizontal Reservation as per NMC norms||5%|
Reservation Policy in NEET MDS 2023
- Candidates who fall under the category of NRI as per the directions/ orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in the case (W.P. No. 689/2017- Consortium of Deemed Universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Anr. Vs Union of India & Ors.) dated 22-08- 2017 are eligible for NRI Category seats. OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals will be eligible for only NRI seats.
- The eligible Indian National Candidates wanting to convert to sponsored NRI category must submit the following documents as the MCC calls for the same.
- Documents claiming that the sponsorer is an NRI (Passport, Visa of the sponsored).
- Relationship of NRI with the candidate as per the court orders of The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017- Consortium of Deemed Universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. Dated 22-08- 2017.
- Affidavit from the sponsorer that they will sponsor the entire course fee of
- the candidate duly notarized.
- Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate).
- NEET Score Card of the candidate.
- There will be no reservation for OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD/EWS candidates in
- Deemed Universities.
Instructions for Filling Online Application From
Candidates must follow these steps to fill out the NEET MDS 2023 Registration online application instructions form. Candidates are advised to check the complete procedure before applying for the form.
|1.||Candidates are informed that the e-mail ID and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form of NBE will be used for registration on the MCC portal for Counselling. The said fields will be pre-populated in the Application/Registration form of Counselling.|
|2.||Any complaint about the change of registered mobile number or email address|
shall not be entertained by the MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
|3.||Candidates are advised to use a Laptop or Computer with a good internet connection during the Registration and Choice-Filling process to avoid technical complications.|
|4.||Please note that the registration facility will be available at the beginning of the first round,|
second round & mop-up round on notified dates. After that, the registration facilities shall not
be available. Under no circumstances will any request (for any reason) for registration be
entertained after the closing of registration.
NEET MDS Cutoff 2023 (Out)
By the minimum qualifying/eligibility criteria for admission to the MDS course, as mentioned in the information Bulletin for NEET-MDS 2023, the cutoff scores for various categories are as follows:-
|Category||Cut off percentile||Cutoff Marks 2023|
|General and EWS||50th percentile||272|
|General and EWS – PH||45th percentile||255|
|SC/ST/OBC – PH||40th percentile||238|
The applicants allocated a seat through the NEET MDS 2023 counselling must report to the allotted institute to confirm the documents. The candidate must carry the following documents for confirmation of the seat assigned.
- NEET MDS admit card
- NEET scorecard
- BDS mark sheet (1st, 2nd and 3rd Professional Examination)
- BDS Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/Provisional registration certificate issued by DCI/State Dental Council
- Class 10 Certificate/Date of Birth certificate
- Identity proof
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
State-wise NEET MDS 2023 Counselling
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Masters of Dental Surgery (NEET MDS) is an entrance examination in India for those students who wish to study MDS courses in India. Through NEET-MDS, Candidates can get admission to postgraduate MDS courses in any state. Two rounds of online counselling of NEET MDS will be conducted online. You can click on the link to view the complete details about State Wise NEET MDS Counselling. Let us have a look.
|Andhra Pradesh||Click here||Arunachal Pradesh||Click here|
|Assam||Click here||Bihar||Click here|
|Chhattisgarh||Click here||Goa||Click here|
|Gujarat||Click here||Haryana||Click here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click here||Jammu & Kashmir||Click here|
|Jharkhand||Click here||Karnataka||Click here|
|Kerala||Click here||Madhya Pradesh||Click here|
|Maharashtra||Click here||Manipur||Click here|
|Meghalaya||Click here||Mizoram||Click here|
|Nagaland||Click here||Odisha||Click here|
|Punjab||Click here||Rajasthan||Click here|
|Sikkim||Click here||Tamil Nadu||Click here|
|Telangana||Click here||Tripura||Click here|
|Uttar Pradesh||Click here||Uttarakhand||Click here|
|West Bengal||Click here||Andaman & Nicobar||Click here|
|Chandigarh||Click here||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Click here|
|Daman & Diu||Click here||Delhi||Click here|
|Lakshadweep||Click here||Puducherry||Click here|
NEET MDS 2023 Resources
This section has provided some essential links to NEET MDS Examination.
|Particulars||Links Here||Particulars||Links Here|
|NEET MDS||Click Here||NEET MDS Counselling||Click Here|
|NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria||Click Here||NEET MDS Exam pattern||Click Here|
|NEET MDS Seat Matrix||Click Here||NEET MDS Admit Card||Click Here|
|NEET MDS Syllabus||Click Here||NEET MDS Recommended Books||Click Here|
|NEET MDS Cut off||Click Here|
MCC NEET UG/NEET PG/NEET MDS Provisional Result for Round 1 (Out) 2022
MCC has released the Notice for PwD Certificate UG, Notice for Provisional Result for Round 1 PG Course, NEET PG Final Result for Round 1, and NEET MDS Final Result for round 1. We have mentioned the table.
|MCC NEET MDS Final Result for round 1||Click Here|
NEET MDS Notice and Seat Allotment Round-1 2022 (Out)
MCC has released the NEET MDS Provisional Notice for round 1 Result & Counselling Seat Allotment Round-1. The candidates we have mentioned in the below table in PDF.
|Provisional NEET MDS Counselling Seat Allotment Round-1||Click Here|
|NEET MDS 2022 Provisional Notice for round-1 Result||Click Here|
MCC Release the NEET MDS/NEET Seats Matrix 2022 (Out)
MCC has released the NEET MDS Final AIQ Seat Matrix, NEET MDS Final Central University Seat Matrix, and NEET MDS Final Deemed Univerity Seat Matrix. Candidates who are searching the seat matrix. We have mentioned the pdf; you can download and get about seats
|MCC NEET MDS Final AIQ Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|MCC NEET MDS Final Central University Seat Matrix||Click Here|
|MCC NEET MDS Final Deemed University||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many rounds of Counselling are there in NEET MDS?
NEET MDS counselling is conducted in two rounds for AIQ seats, and if seats remain vacant, then the final Mop-up round (third round) will be conducted.
Who is eligible for NEET MDS Counselling?
Applicants reserving the minimum qualifying percentile will be eligible to participate in NEET MDS 2023 counselling. For general category aspirants, the cutoff of NEET MDS is the 50th percentile, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is the 40th percentile.
I could not clear NEET MDS 2023. Can I still participate in the counselling process?
You cannot apply for counselling unless you qualify for the examination. However, if NBE decides to lower the cut-offs for this year and you are eligible as per the new cut-off, you will only be eligible to participate in NEET MDS 2023 counselling.
Is it compulsory to download the scorecard of NEET MDS 2023 for counselling?
Yes. Candidates must enter the details printed on the scorecard of NEET MDS 2023 in the application form. They are thus advised to download the NEET MDS scorecard well in advance.
Where will the counselling for NEET MDS 2023 be conducted?
NEET MDS counselling 2023 will be conducted online.
What are the NEET MDS fees to be paid during registration?
At the time of registration, students must pay two kinds of fees.
a) Non-Refundable Registration fee
For AIQ /Central University/ESIC/DNB
Rs. 1000/- UR/EWS candidates, &
Rs. 500/- For SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD
Rs. 5000/- For Deemed University candidates
In case the candidate must apply for both AIQ and Deemed University should the candidate pay the fee for both?
No, in such case the candidate has to pay only the higher fee, i.e. of Deemed University Rs. 5000/- and 2 Lakh Refundable Security Deposit.
Can I have some idea about the seat I am likely to get at my rank?
Yes, the previous year’s allotment results are available on the MCC website i.e. www.mcc.nic.in. This will only be indicative (without any guarantee for the current year).
If there is a discrepancy in the spelling of names in documents and application forms, what do I do?
If there is a discrepancy in spelling in documents candidate must carry proof that the documents belong to the same person in the form of an affidavit/undertaking.
Who will not be eligible for the Mop Up Round of Counseling?
Candidates who have joined seats in Round 1 or Round 2 and State Quota seats (as per the data shared by the States) will not be eligible.