The Medical University of Lodz Poland is one of the largest university in Poland. The university is popularly known as MUL Poland and it was established in the year 1949. It has 60 years of academic tradition, including over 10 years of experience in conducting medical and dental studies in English for international students.
The University offers a 6-year MD program is designed for high school/secondary school graduates. It is a full-time study program based on requirements which are obligatory for the Polish medical higher education institutions and is adequate to EU standards.
The Medical University of Lodz is listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) which provides information about international medical schools that are recognized by the appropriate government agencies in the countries in which they are located.
Medical University of Lodz Poland
|Name of Institute||Medical University of Lodz Poland|
|Popular Name||MUL Poland|
|Year of Establishment||1949|
|Language of Teaching||English|
|No. of Faculties||NA|
|Affiliated with||European University Foundation|
|Courses offered||MBBS (MD), DMD, B.Sc Nursing, PhD|
|Academic Session Start||August to September|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Poland|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: European University Foundation
- Approved by: MCI, WHO
- Aid Status: Public
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Local Language Learning Classes
- MCI Screening Test Help Centre
- Technical Issues
- Computer labs
|MD (Medicine) / MBBS||6 Years|
|DMD (Dentistry)||5 Years|
|B.Sc Nursing||3 Years|
Faculty & Staff
The Medical University of Lodz provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staffs to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
The Admission procedure for the Medical University of Lodz Poland is based on a round of counselling and academic progress. Students are advised to read the mentioned points to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Fill the Application form of the desired institute with all the right points of interest.
- You will get an offer letter. Save it for future use.
- Pay the University / College enrollment expense.
- After paying the MBBS fees for your desired medical college, apply for the Visa.
- Get Visa for studying MBBS in Poland.
- Now you are all set to book a flight to Poland. All the Best..!!
Poland has been one of the top preferred destinations for international students to pursue their Medical Degree Courses. If you too want to study MBBS/MD in the Medical University of Lodz Poland, check the eligibility criteria below.
|Age||The candidate must be 17+ and under 25 years of age on/before 31st December of your admission year.|
|Qualification||Admission Seekers should complete their Higher Secondary Education with a minimum 50% mark covering Physics, Chemistry and Biology stream.|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50%|
(Some Medical College offers Direct entry to a valid NEET Card Holder)
|Medium of Teaching||English & Police|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
Before taking admission in the Medical University of Lodz Poland please do not forget to carry all these related documents.
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Poland.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalization of all documents from the Poland Embassy.
- Visa fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- HIV test documents.
MBBS (MD) Syllabus in Poland
Before going to apply for the Medical University of Lodz please compare the MBBS Syllabus of some of the Top-ranked, MCI-approved medical universities in Poland. The structure and the pattern of MBBS in Poland are as follow:
|1st Year||2nd Year|
|First Aid & Elements of Nursing||Clinical Genetics|
|Gross Anatomy & Neuroscience||Histology, Cell Biology & Embryology|
|History of Medicine||Medical Psychology|
|Medical Biology||Molecular Biology|
|Medical Informatics||Parasitology & Mycology|
|Sociology in Medicine||Physiology|
|Introduction to Medical & Academic Professionalism||Public Health|
|Polish||Hygiene & Epidemiology|
|Physical Education||Occupational Medicine|
|3rd year||4th year|
|Communication Skills||Radiology II|
|Patient-Doctor Interactions in Daily Practice||Emergency & Disaster Medicine, Traumatology|
|Laboratory Diagnostics||Anesthesiology & Intensive Care|
|Pathology PM – Pathomorphology||Internal Medicine|
|Pathology PPh – Pathophysiology||Geriatrics|
|Pharmacology & Toxicology||Paediatrics|
|Clinical Pharmacology||Family Medicine|
|Physical Diagnosis I||Dermatology & Venerology|
|Physical Diagnosis II||–|
|Introduction to Paediatrics||–|
|Introduction to Paediatrics||–|
|Preventive Medicine – Cardiology||–|
|Propaedeutic of Dentistry||–|
|5th year||6th year|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology||Internal Medicine|
|Neurosurgery||Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|Oncology & Palliative Care||Urology|
|–||Anesthesiology & Intensive Care|
The fees structure of the Medical University of Lodz all courses is mentioned below.
|Courses||Tuition Fee (Ist Year)||Tuition Fee (Other Year)|
|6-year MD program||11.200 EUR||11.000 EUR/year|
|MD Advanced program||13.200 EUR for the 3rd year||13.000 EUR/year for years from the 4th to the 6th|
|5-year DMD program||13.200 EUR||13.000 EUR/year for years from the 2nd to the 5th|
|5-year DMD program -“Taiwanese curricular pathway”||15.400 EUR||15.200 EUR/year for years from the 2nd to the 5th|
|3-year BSc Nursing||5.700 EUR||5.500 EUR/year for years from the 2nd to the 3rd|
Scholarship & Financial Assistance
The Medical University of Lodz Poland is an excellent opportunity for any International medical school student who wishes to pursue a career in medicine. International students who wish to study in Poland and want to avoid costs of education can apply for various scholarships which either exempt them from paying a tuition fee or serve as financial support in covering their living expenses in Lodz.
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||Medical University of Lodz Poland|
- It is one of the premier Medical Colleges in Poland.
- We would like to give 3.9 out of 5 stars on Edufever’s Best Medicine college in Poland.
Medical University of Lodz Poland
Pl. Hallera 1, 90-647 Lodz
Contact No: +48 42 272 50 55 / +48 42 272 50 54 /+48 42 272 50 52
Official Website: http://studymed.umed.pl/
Poland, officially the Republic of Poland, is a country located in Central Europe. It is divided into 16 administrative subdivisions, covering an area of 312,696 square kilometres, and has a largely temperate seasonal climate. Poland is bordered by the Baltic Sea, Lithuania, and Russia’s Kaliningrad Oblast to the north, Belarus and Ukraine to the east, Slovakia and the Czech Republic to the south, and Germany to the west. Poland is a developed country, which maintains a high-income economy along with very high standards of living, life quality, safety, education, and economic freedom.
|Area||238,397 km2(92,046 sq mi)|
|Climate||Largely Temperate Seasonal Climate|
|Literacy Rate||99.8 %|
|Currency||Polish złoty (PLN)|
Why Choose Study in Poland
- Low Fees & Installment: The Fee of MBBS in Poland is lower when compared to other study destinations around the globe. The students may also opt for instalment schemes to pay the fee. Moreover, the living cost in Poland is not very expensive.
- Courses Approved by MCI: MBBS Courses in Poland are approved by the MCI (Medical Council of India).
- Infrastructure & Faculty: All medical universities in Poland have the best infrastructure facilities and experienced faculty members.
- Scholarship & Financial Assistance: International students who wish to study in Poland and want to avoid costs of education can apply for various scholarships which either exempt them from paying a tuition fee or serve as financial support in covering their living expenses in Lodz.
MBBS in Poland 2020 Fact Check;
The Medical University of Lodz Poland has gained a remarkable reputation in the world stage due to high educational standards with advance and sophisticated teaching methods and scientific approaches. Apart from this, what makes Poland a preferred destination for medical studies is the easy admission procedure which involves fast processing of paper works.
Here are some of the facts about the safety measures for Indian Students.
Things to Follow
- Always be aware of your surrounding. Don’t wonder in the notorious areas of the city and avoid wrong crowds. Always keep your phone with you and keep the contact of authorities on speed dial.
- Always carry a copy of your enrolment credentials, student visa, passport, and registration papers with you while leaving out of the campus.
Pros & Cons:
Do you know? Poland is a developed country, which maintains a high-income economy along with very high standards of living, life quality, safety, education, and economic freedom. There are about 310 privately owned universities and colleges and 138 state schools of higher learning. The higher education system is one of high quality and all leading universities offer programmes thought in English, within study areas such as medicine, engineering, humanities, business and finance. There are a lot of advantages to studying in Poland, here are just a few:
Advantages of studying in Poland
- No capitalization fee.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by this medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practise due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Colleges in Poland don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Tuition fee is affordable.
- Medical colleges in Poland are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Cost of living for students can be easily earned by doing part-time work.
- Poland MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Poland provide great academics, as well as sports.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Poland medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Government hospitals in Poland offer practical training to medical students.
Disadvantages of studying in Poland
- As Polish is the local language in Poland, therefore, students might feel the language as a barrier (outside the university campus).
- One might have to put extra efforts at learning the Polish Language after the class hour.
- Those who wish to study and work together to cover their expenses may face difficulties. Because it requires a lot of self-study and concentration.
- In hospitals, international students are not permitted to touch the patients during an internship while studying MBBS in Poland.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1: What is the duration of the MBBS in Poland?
Ans. The duration of the MBBS in Poland is 6 years.
Q.2: What is the medium of language in Poland?
Ans: The medium, of course, is English & Polish.
Q.3: How long does it take to complete bachelor and master studies in Poland?
Ans: In general, it takes 3 academic years to complete bachelor studies (6 semesters), whereas master studies, depending on the field of studies, last from 1,5 to 2 academic years (3 or 4 semesters accordingly).
Q.4: Do I have to speak Polish?
Ans: There are English courses available for international students, so you don’t have to speak Polish. If you prefer to study in Polish you will have to complete a Polish language course before you start studying.
Q.5: Any other facility like pick up, bank account opening, etc. is provided by you, on your services?
Ans: Yes, on your request.
Q.6: MBBS in Poland, Is it a good choice?
Ans. Of course, it is a smart idea to pursue medical studies from Poland. All you have to do is take care of these critical things:
- Do plan for MCI screening test from the first year of your medical studies.
- Do not get spoiled by the lifestyle and night culture of the country. As it will take a lot of efforts to clear the MCI Screening Test, once you come back to India.
Q.7: When does the academic year start at Poland Medical College?
Ans. The academic year in all Poland medical university starts from August to September.
Q.8: Is student visa a mandatory in Poland?
Ans. YES, without a student visa, you can’t take admission in MBBS colleges of Poland.
Q.9: Can a student get an education loan for a medical program in Poland?
Ans.YES. You can apply to various loan providing platform for education loan.
Q.10: How many times can medical student appear in the MCI screening test?
Ans. MCI doesn’t have any restrictions on the number of times a student can take the test.
Q.11: Can a student do an internship from India after completing a medical program in Poland?
Ans. Yes, once you clear the MCI screening test directed by the Medical Council of India.
Q.12: Is the Poland Medical Course acceptable in other countries?
Ans. Yes. The Poland medical colleges are authorized by WHO and MCI.
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution. You may also leave your comments in the comment box mentioned below.
List of Top Colleges in India
Best of luck..!!!
Application Form 2020
- UPES University, Dehradun: Application Form 2020 Released Apply Now >
- Sharda University, Noida: Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- GNIOT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Want to Study Abroad? Let's Talk... Apply Now >
- PIIT Greater Noida Application Form Open Now Apply Now >
- Apply for Getting Admission in Polytechnic Colleges in India Apply Now >
Disclaimer: If you have found any inappropriate or wrong information/data on the site, inform us by emailing at mail[@]edufever.com for rectification/deletion/updating of the same.
Do You Have Any Questions?? Ask Here for Quick Answer, Note: Write question with complete details for better answers