National Institute of Homoeopathic Kolkata is one of the reputed Government Homoeopathic Colleges in West Bengal. The college is popularly known as NIH Kolkata and it was founded on 10th December 1975. National Homoeopathic College Kolkata is affiliated to The West Bengal University of Health Sciences Kolkata and approved by Central Council of Indian Medicines.
National Homoeopathic College, (NIH Kolkata) was started to serve students with the best ayurvedic care and college offers courses Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (B.H.M.S.). Now the college has become synonyms with one of the Best Homoeopathic Medical Colleges in Kolkata.
National Institute of Homoeopathic Kolkata
Before we go to complete college review, let us have a look at the major details of NIH Kolkata.
|College Name||National Institute of Homoeopathic Kolkata|
|Popular Name||NIH Kolkata, National Homoeopathic College Kolkata|
|Location||Block – GE, Sector-III Kolkata|
|Establishment||10th December 1975|
|Affiliated with||The West Bengal University of Health Sciences Kolkata|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicines|
|Category||BHMS Colleges in West Bengal|
In this article, we will provide you with the detailed information about National Homoeopathic College Kolkata (NIH Kolkata) like Fee Structure, Course offered, Admission Procedure, Cut-off Facilities available and complete college review.
Affiliation, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated with:– West Bengal University of Health Sciences Kolkata
- Approved by:– Central Council of Indian Medicines
- Aid Status:– Government
Faculty & Staff
The Medical College offers admission with an intake of 129 number of students per year. The college provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with all the modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. The college is committed to uplift the health care education and output delivery system for the people of the country.
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
Course Offered by NIH Kolkata
|UG||BHMS||93||4.6+1 Year Internship|
PG Course MD (Hom)
|S No||SUBJECT||No of Seats|
|1.||Homoeopathic Materia Medica||09|
|2.||Organon of Medicine and Homoeopathic Philosophy||09|
|3.||Case Taking & Repertory||09|
|4.||Practice of Medicine||03|
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- Admission Seekers must full fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
|Popular Entrance Exam||NEET|
NIH Kolkata Fees Structure
|FEES||The amount payable at the beginning of each session (in ₹)|
|Details||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year|
|Bulletin fee (for five and half years)||₹2200.00||–||–||–|
|Study Tour Fee for Pharmacy as well as for Community Medicine. Excess expenses shall be borne by the student||₹2,000.00||–||–||–|
|Tuition fees (@ ₹1, 000/- per month||₹15,000.00||₹12,000.00||₹12000.00||₹12000|
|Book Bank Fee||₹1,500.00||₹1,000,00||₹1000.00||₹1000.00|
|Departmental fees||₹2,250 00||₹1500.00||₹1500.00||₹1500.00|
Hostel rent is to be paid separately at the time of admission to the Hostel. Accommodation in Hostel shall be made depending upon the no of vacant beds (not rooms) available and only on acceptance of rules regulation of the Hostel by the Candidate as well as the Legal Guardian of the Candidate.
|Hostel Rent @ ₹500.00 per month during 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th BHMS course period & ₹ 500.00 per month during the Internship period||₹6,000.00||₹6000.00||₹6000.00||₹9000.00||₹12000.00|
The scholarships recognise merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Important Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be grant is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Candidates can get many such scholarships updates by the Edufever Scholarship website.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. Merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
NEET 2020 Cutoff (Expected)
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2020 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile.
NEET Cut off 2019
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cutoff scores|
NEET UG Cut off 2018
|Category||NEET Qualification Percentile||NEET Qualifying Score (out of 720)||Qualified Candidates |
(By Obtaining NEET Cut off)
PG Cutoff 2019
|Category||Min. qualify Criteria as per Information Bulletin||Cut-off Score as per qualifying |
criteria in Information Bulletin
|Revised min. qualifying criteria||Revised cutoff Score|
|General||50th Percentile||340||44th Percentile||313|
|SC/ST/OBC||40th Percentile||295||34th Percentile||270|
|Persons with Disability||45th Percentile||317||39th Percentile||291|
West Bengal Ayush NEET 2020 Counselling
A candidate can visit the official website to get themselves registered for NEET AYUSH 2020 West Bengal State Counselling.
Counselling Process (AIQ Quota)
Candidate applying for BAMS/BHMS/BUMS Colleges in West Bengal must have to register themselves for the Ayush NEET counselling 2020. Counselling of NEET 2020 for All India Quota will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. The counselling will consist of these steps.
- Candidate Registration: Register to the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock-in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round, will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): Similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here it is to be noted that, those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
- 10th Certificate.
- 12th Certificate.
- NEET UG 2020 Admit Card.
- NEET UG 2020 Result/Scorecard.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Nativity/Resident certificate of West Bengal
- SC/ST Certificate by birth issued by a competent authority, Government of
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter card etc)
- College/School leaving certificate
Ranking and Reputation
|Name of Institute||National Homoeopathic College Kolkata|
- It is one of the premier Homoeopathic Medical Institute in Kolkata.
- We would like to give 4.1 out of 5 stars on Edufever Best BHMS College in West Bengal.
National Institute of Homoeopathic Kolkata
Address: Block – Ge, Sector – III Salt Lake Kolkata- 700106 West Bengal
Phone: 033 3233 7069
Official Website: nih.nic.in
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Questions: Are any chances to get selected in government medical college with neet score of 500 marks?
Answer: The current situation is that if you score below 500 there is no chance in getting anything through the central counselling whatsoever. Few chances through the state quota are also very meek!
If it ranges between 520 to 550 you will get a govt seat through the centralized all India counselling conducted by MCI online, for sure to get a govt seat through your state quota!
For further admission related queries, you can comment on the box mentioned below. Our top expert will serve you with the best possible solution.
Best of luck..!!!