MBBS Admission in India without Donation: MBBS or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is one of the most sought-after courses in India, as it provides the foundation for a career in medicine. However, the admission process for MBBS in India is often riddled with challenges, including high tuition fees and the demand for donations, making it challenging for deserving students to secure a seat without paying a hefty sum of money.
MBBS admission without donation is possible only if you register and attend all the rounds of counselling conducted by respective authorities. If the seats are vacant even after the MOP-UP round, those candidates who have registered for the online counselling will be able to take the seats directly. Through this article, you will get detailed information on MBBS admission in India without donation.
The following is a summary of the MBBS course:
|MBBS Full Form||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery|
|MBBS Course Duration||5.5 Years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with 50% marks|
|Average Fees||Rs. 71,000 to Rs.2,100,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3.6 LPA|
|Career Opportunities||Physician, Doctor, Endocrinologist, |
Pathologist, Neurologist, Cardiologist,
|Recruiting Companies||Fortis Health care, Medanta, Global Hospitals, Dr Lal Path Labs|
1. Why study MBBS in India
2. Admission Procedure
3. Eligibility Criteria
4. Top NIRF Medical Colleges in India
5. State-wise MBBS colleges in India
6. Frequently Asked Questions
Why study MBBS in India?
The following are the reasons for studying MBBS in India:
Get Latest Updated Entrance, Counselling Notice, Cutoff, Seats, Merit List etc.
- Get Latest NEET 2023 News by NTA via Edufever News
- Get Latest NEET UG & State Wise Counselling News via Edufever News
- Get Latest NEET PG & State Wise Counselling News via Edufever News
- India offers some of the world’s best and most renowned medical universities.
- In India, there are more than 300 medical schools and institutes. About 180 of these are private colleges.
- There are roughly 72,098 seats overall available in India.
- India’s MBBS is ranked higher due to its superior research and training initiatives.
- Indian medical schools are renowned for offering top-notch clinical training.
- Attending international seminars and conferences has benefits for students.
- The curriculum used in medical schools in India is of a high calibre.
- After receiving their MBBS from India, students are free to practice anywhere in the world.
- Actual human bodies are used for practice by the students.
MBBS Admission in India without Donation
The following is the admission procedure for MBBS:
- Aspiring candidates should have passed from 10+2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the science stream including Physics, Chemistry and Biology to be eligible for the MBBS course in India.
- Candidates should have a NEET scorecard required for the MBBS course in India.
- After qualifying NEET examination, candidates must participate in counselling conducted by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) for 15% AIQ and the remaining 85% State quota.
- If the seats are left after round 2 of the counselling process, candidates can get admission to MBBS through Management Quota by appearing in MOP-UP and Stray Vacancy Round.
- Candidates can check the vacancies seat chart released by the respective counselling conducting authority to get admission in medical college.
- Candidates should check the opening and closing ranks of the desired college continuously so they can predict the college according to their NEET score.
- A trusted career counsellor can also help candidates seek admission in MBBS with years of expertise in the field.
The following are the eligibility criteria for MBBS:
|Age Criteria||The minimum age limit is of 17 years and the maximum age limit is of 25 years.|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Zoology/Botany) with English as the main subject.|
The regulatory authorities i.e. National Medical Commission (NMC) mention additional eligibility requirements for MBBS.
|Entrance Exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
Is it possible to get MBBS Admission in India without a Donation?
Yes, it is absolutely possible to get admission to MBBS without a donation in India by qualifying NEET entrance exam and appearing for counselling conducted by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) for 15% AIQ and the remaining 85% State quota. However, candidates can get admission through management if they are seats are left after round 2 of the counselling process by appearing in MOP-UP and Stray Vacancy round. Below we have mentioned the NEET UG counselling procedure:
- Candidate Registration: Register on the official website.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): You have to choose the courses and colleges of your preference and finally lock in the preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The seat allotment will be published online based on available vacancies and candidates’ choices.
- Reporting to college: Those who will be allotted a seat in the first round will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities.
- New Registration (Round 2): For candidates who couldn’t register in the first round of counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): This is similar to round 1 mentioned above.
- Reporting to college (Round 2): Here, it is to be noted that those who will be allotted a seat in the second round of counselling (15% AIQ Quota) will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders made by the Supreme court of India.
Top NIRF Medical Colleges in India
Several colleges offer MBBS courses. Below we have compiled the top 5 medical colleges in India according to the NIRF ranking 2022. Let’s have a look.
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi||New Delhi||Delhi||91.60||1|
|Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research||Chandigarh||Chandigarh||79.00||2|
|Christian Medical College||Vellore||Tamil Nadu||72.84||3|
|National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences, Bangalore||Bangalore||Karnataka||71.56||4|
|Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh||68.12||5|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education & Research||Puducherry||Pondicherry||67.64||6|
|Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences||Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh||67.18||7|
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham||Coimbatore||Tamil Nadu||66.49||8|
|Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvananthapuram||Kerala||65.17||9|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||Manipal||Karnataka||63.89||10|
|King George`s Medical University||Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh||61.68||11|
|Madras Medical College & Government General Hospital, Chennai||Chennai||Tamil Nadu||60.71||12|
|Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences||New Delhi||Delhi||58.79||13|
|St. John’s Medical College||Bengaluru||Karnataka||58.49||14|
|Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research||Chennai||Tamil Nadu||57.92||15|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences Jodhpur||Jodhpur||Rajasthan||57.47||16|
|Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth||Pune||Maharashtra||57.41||17|
|Siksha `O` Anusandhan||Bhubaneswar||Odisha||57.21||18|
|Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital||New Delhi||Delhi||57.15||19|
|S.R.M. Institute of Science and Technology||Chennai||Tamil Nadu||57.05||20|
State-wise MBBS colleges in India
Below we have compiled the state-wise MBBS colleges in India, to help candidates choose the state in which they want to pursue the MBBS course.
|State||Click Here||State||Click Here|
|Andhra Pradesh||Click Here||Nagaland||Click Here|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Click Here||Odisha||Click Here|
|Assam||Click Here||Punjab||Click Here|
|Bihar||Click Here||Rajasthan||Click Here|
|Chhattisgarh||Click Here||Sikkim||Click Here|
|Goa||Click Here||Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
|Gujarat||Click Here||Tripura||Click Here|
|Haryana||Click Here||Telangana||Click Here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click Here||Uttar Pradesh||Click Here|
|Jharkhand||Click Here||Uttarakhand||Click Here|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Click Here||West Bengal||Click Here|
|Karnataka||Click Here||Andaman & Nicobar||Click Here|
|Kerala||Click Here||Chandigarh||Click Here|
|Madhya Pradesh||Click Here||Delhi||Click Here|
|Maharashtra||Click Here||Daman & Diu||Click Here|
|Manipur||Click Here||Dadar & Nagar Haveli||Click Here|
|Meghalaya||Click Here||Lakshadweep||Click Here|
|Mizoram||Click Here||Pondicherry||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I do MBBS without an entrance exam?
Though it is not possible to get admission to MBBS without NEET in India. NEET UG exam is mandatory for admission to MBBS in India or abroad. But there are various other medical courses which you can join on the basis of class 12th marks.
Is it possible to get admission to MBBS without Counselling?
A student just needs to pass the NEET entrance exam in India for direct admission to MBBS.
Can I study MBBS without NEET in India?
No, to study MBBS in India, the NEET exam is compulsory.
Is it OK to study MBBS at a private college?
Yes, it is absolutely fine to study MBBS in private colleges. Private college fee structure is very high that’s why students prefer government colleges.
Can a poor student become an MBBS doctor?
Anybody can be able to be a doctor. There is no restriction for the poor who can’t be a doctor. If your hard work is to get admitted into a government medical college, it would be easy for you. The expenses of government medical colleges are so cheaper rather than other medical colleges.